cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We’ve determined that you haven’t followed our selling practices - drop shipping policy.

Anyone else get this bogus email yesterday,  I'll quote it below. We immediately called in to ebay about it and of course we get a overseas call center who tried to run us in circles asking us "how many order have you cancelled, etc" finally told her it sounds like you are making stuff up, you have our account in front of you and there has been no canceled orders and every order tracking scan originates from "our" location and please provide your "evidence" you say you have. quote of the email message we received:

"Selling Practices Policy Updates - Seller Notice 

Hello,  

We’ve determined that you haven’t followed our selling practices - drop shipping policy.

There is evidence on your account that you are purchasing items from an online retail or marketplace site after you sell the item on eBay and having that retailer ship the item directly to the customer. While in violation of this policy, the account will not be eligible for the Top Rated program until it is in compliance.

For more information on this and related policies, please go to: "
Message 1 of 30
latest reply
29 REPLIES 29

We’ve determined that you haven’t followed our selling practices - drop shipping policy.

Call 9-5 pst, better chance you'll get US help. If you don't get that help; hang up and call again. 

Are you shipping from AZ? (even if it's your account?)

Message 2 of 30
latest reply

A quick sampling showed me that all your items are located in Louisiana ... so if you are shipping from that location, and have no cancellations, then I have no idea why eBay would suspect that you are drop-shipping.

Sounds like an over-zealous software bot.

Message 3 of 30
latest reply

I see you're using images from Amazon, that could be the problem.

Have a great day
Message 4 of 30
latest reply

The message says they have evidence that we are drop shipping. We have the same listings on amazon, walmart, jet and ebay. So of course the pictures are the same pretty much would be impossible for the pictures not to be the same as they are the same products. No where any any ebay policy does it say the same pictures can't be used or that using the same pictures would be considered "drop shipping" lol you could say we are using ebay images on our amazon listings lol.

We have been selling these same products for years on all major platforms.

Message 5 of 30
latest reply

@jlr_enterprise wrote:

The message says they have evidence that we are drop shipping. We have the same listings on amazon, walmart, jet and ebay. So of course the pictures are the same pretty much would be impossible for the pictures not to be the same as they are the same products. No where any any ebay policy does it say the same pictures can't be used or that using the same pictures would be considered "drop shipping" lol you could say we are using ebay images on our amazon listings lol.

We have been selling these same products for years on all major platforms.

They probably don't know you're selling the same items on Amazon and other sites.

They might just see the Amazon photos.

A lot of Amazon dropshippers use their images in the description and that's one way they get caught.

Might be worth checking out, if that's the reason they think you are dropshipping.

Have a great day
Message 6 of 30
latest reply

I just called in again. They are so clueless. Now they say this was automated message and it could be because someone drop shipped from us to their ebay customer and not to worry as we still have our top rated seller status...

Message 7 of 30
latest reply

@jlr_enterprise wrote:

...  and not to worry as we still have our top rated seller status...

Don't believe them ... they frequently say positive (and untrue) things like this.

Message 8 of 30
latest reply

Where are you shipping your items from? If your items aren't being shipped from the address on file and location as stated in your listings, they will flag your account for drop shipping as a result. You need to ship from the location specified in your listings, otherwise this is what happens.

ebay knows where items are being shipping from too because of tracking.

Message 9 of 30
latest reply

as i already stated all item ship from our location and ever single order the tracking shows it shipped from our location....that is why we are still waiting on the "evidence" that ebay can not supply because there is none.

Message 10 of 30
latest reply

@kensgiftshop wrote:

I see you're using images from Amazon, that could be the problem.

I've never heard of that. Do you have any examples you can share?

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.
Message 11 of 30
latest reply

@jlr_enterprise wrote:

as i already stated all item ship from our location and ever single order the tracking shows it shipped from our location....that is why we are still waiting on the "evidence" that ebay can not supply because there is none.

Contact eBay on Facebook. I've heard that CS reps answering there are in the US.

https://www.facebook.com/eBayForBusiness/

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.
Message 12 of 30
latest reply

The presence on " A " has led to the policy violation notice.

Message 13 of 30
latest reply

Yep, its the use of the Amazon photos

Message 14 of 30
latest reply

In the past  10 years, about 1 in 1000 of the items that we sell are shipped from the location shown in the listings.

Message 15 of 30
latest reply