cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We’ve determined that you haven’t followed our selling practices - drop shipping policy.

Anyone else get this bogus email yesterday,  I'll quote it below. We immediately called in to ebay about it and of course we get a overseas call center who tried to run us in circles asking us "how many order have you cancelled, etc" finally told her it sounds like you are making stuff up, you have our account in front of you and there has been no canceled orders and every order tracking scan originates from "our" location and please provide your "evidence" you say you have. quote of the email message we received:

"Selling Practices Policy Updates - Seller Notice 

Hello,  

We’ve determined that you haven’t followed our selling practices - drop shipping policy.

There is evidence on your account that you are purchasing items from an online retail or marketplace site after you sell the item on eBay and having that retailer ship the item directly to the customer. While in violation of this policy, the account will not be eligible for the Top Rated program until it is in compliance.

For more information on this and related policies, please go to: "
Message 1 of 30
latest reply
29 REPLIES 29

We’ve determined that you haven’t followed our selling practices - drop shipping policy.

@buyselljack2016 wrote:

In the past  10 years, about 1 in 1000 of the items that we sell are shipped from the location shown in the listings.

What am I missing?  Are you really bragging about violating eBay policies?

Message 16 of 30
latest reply

@wastingtime101 wrote:

@kensgiftshop wrote:

I see you're using images from Amazon, that could be the problem.

I've never heard of that. Do you have any examples you can share?

What, examples of using Amazon images or it being a problem.

If you link images from Amazon in your descriptions, some people might think you are dropshipping from Amazon.

Have a great day
Message 17 of 30
latest reply

I guess this was some mess up as we are still in top seller. No evidence or official response to why we received this message from ebay.

Message 18 of 30
latest reply

@jlr_enterprise wrote:
"There is evidence on your account that you are purchasing items from an online retail or marketplace site after you sell the item on eBay and having that retailer ship the item directly to the customer."

Okay, so this message seems to be triggered by your sales, not by your listings. Are you printing your labels through eBay/PayPal, or buying postage over the counter? If the latter, are you uploading your tracking number for each sale? Does the tracking show an origination at the ZIP code indicated in your listing?

Is it possible that they are seeing sales but no shipping info, and concluding that you are buying the item somewhere else after making a sale on eBay? That seems to be what they're accusing you of doing.

Message 19 of 30
latest reply

@kensgiftshop wrote:

I see you're using images from Amazon, that could be the problem.

Images are not the issue.  There is no call out in the drop shipping policy that requires a seller to obtain their pictures from any certain place or take them themselves.  Most seller wouldn't be able to take the pics themselves when drop shipping.  Typically you get the pics from your supplier.  So if there are Amazon sellers doing the same thing that would be why the pics are the same.

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 20 of 30
latest reply

@jlr_enterprise wrote:

The message says they have evidence that we are drop shipping. We have the same listings on amazon, walmart, jet and ebay. So of course the pictures are the same pretty much would be impossible for the pictures not to be the same as they are the same products. No where any any ebay policy does it say the same pictures can't be used or that using the same pictures would be considered "drop shipping" lol you could say we are using ebay images on our amazon listings lol.

We have been selling these same products for years on all major platforms.

That isn't what that email is saying to you.  This is the important part and it is a violation of Ebay policy if you are doing this.  "There is evidence on your account that you are purchasing items from an online retail or marketplace site after you sell the item on eBay and having that retailer ship the item directly to the customer." 

Drop shipping is fine within the rules which would mean you have an agreement with a certain vendor to act as your dropshipper.  But what Ebay is describing to your is retail arbitrage and that is against the rules.

Message 21 of 30
latest reply

@jlr_enterprise wrote:

I just called in again. They are so clueless. Now they say this was automated message and it could be because someone drop shipped from us to their ebay customer and not to worry as we still have our top rated seller status...

That won't create this problem for you but it would for the other seller.

In the last few months have you purchased anything from another seller on Ebay or other website that you do not have a drop shipping agreement with PRIOR to the purchase?  That is what would cause this issue for you.

Message 22 of 30
latest reply

@aproudparent2010 wrote:

Yep, its the use of the Amazon photos

@aproudparent2010 

No it isn't.  It has NOTHING to do with it.

What rule says that your pics can't be the same as a pic on Amazon?

Message 23 of 30
latest reply

@buyselljack2016 wrote:

In the past  10 years, about 1 in 1000 of the items that we sell are shipped from the location shown in the listings.

I'd be pretty careful with that and fix your listings.  Ebay said recently that they are going to be cracking down on this.

Incorrect locations in listings affects all kinds of things on Ebay.  But especially accurate ETAs.  

It is really simple to correct the location in bulk and it is much better for this to be accurate anyway no matter the Ebay rule.

@buyselljack2016 

Message 24 of 30
latest reply

I thought any "official" ebay email or message with be directed to YOU (your name) and not "Dear Customer".

Strange Way - Firefall
Message 25 of 30
latest reply

@a_c_green wrote:

@jlr_enterprise wrote:
"There is evidence on your account that you are purchasing items from an online retail or marketplace site after you sell the item on eBay and having that retailer ship the item directly to the customer."

Okay, so this message seems to be triggered by your sales, not by your listings. Are you printing your labels through eBay/PayPal, or buying postage over the counter? If the latter, are you uploading your tracking number for each sale? Does the tracking show an origination at the ZIP code indicated in your listing?

Is it possible that they are seeing sales but no shipping info, and concluding that you are buying the item somewhere else after making a sale on eBay? That seems to be what they're accusing you of doing.

If they are drop shipping, they aren't creating their own shipping labels.  Their vendor would be.  Then they are likely to upload the tracking number to Ebay.  

Message 26 of 30
latest reply

As i have stated this seems to be a letter sent by mistake, as that is what i have been told twice when i called ebay. It's been 6 weeks and we still have our top seller status. We ship through shipstation, which automatically sends the tracking info to ebay. We ship everything from our warehouse, ups, fedex ground, fedex express, and the usps pickup from us daily tracking shows picked up from our zip code.

Message 27 of 30
latest reply

@jlr_enterprise wrote:

As i have stated this seems to be a letter sent by mistake, as that is what i have been told twice when i called ebay. It's been 6 weeks and we still have our top seller status. We ship through shipstation, which automatically sends the tracking info to ebay. We ship everything from our warehouse, ups, fedex ground, fedex express, and the usps pickup from us daily tracking shows picked up from our zip code.

I wouldn't bank on that.  You've gotten mostly bad information from the call center, why would that portion be correct and everything else wrong?

If you drop ship, how do you create your own labels? 

OH WAIT, OK you are NOT a drop shipper if you own these products, you just have them located at different warehouses.  Do I have that correctly???

@jlr_enterprise 

Message 28 of 30
latest reply

There is only one warehouse. Everything ships from it, it is the same address that is on the ebay account/ship from location. All tracking number show we ship from this address. No, we do not dropship anything.

Message 29 of 30
latest reply

@jlr_enterprise wrote:

There is only one warehouse. Everything ships from it, it is the same address that is on the ebay account/ship from location. All tracking number show we ship from this address. No, we do not dropship anything.

OK got it.  Sorry I was confused.  I had thought you were a drop shipper but you aren't which makes this even more puzzling.

Something keyed the system to send you that email, but clearly from what you describe it was incorrect.  Since it has been 6 weeks and you have heard nothing else, maybe they removed the warning from your selling records as their error.  

At least I hope that is the case.  I sincerely hope this does not come up for you again.

Message 30 of 30
latest reply