cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We should not be rated on feedback from users that are in a bad mood.

I received neutral feedback. I sold a used item and stated that in the listing the wires are not included in the sale. I pointed this out to the buyer and sent a feedback revision and they did remove it with a messed-up remark to me.

The remark was>>>I'm in good mood today so you are lucky.

So we can have our feedback score stained by simply someone's bad mood.

They clearly did not read the listing.

I just wonder if there is a remedy for this any ideas would be wonderful to hear besides the ones I already know so please only smart replies:)

Thank you eBay, I love selling stuff here... I really do but please fix this issue.

Message 1 of 27
latest reply
26 REPLIES 26

Re: We should not be rated on feedback from users that are in a bad mood.

Feedback IS a mood. 

Send a buyer exactly what they expected (not what was listed, what THEY were expecting) and do it FAST!! and you put that Buyer in a GREAT MOOD- which is reflected in the fact that they go OUT OF THEIR WAY to find that purchase in their 'purchases' and leave GOOD Feedback. 

Send a buyer something that makes them unhappy in anyway, and that person is now in a BAD MOOD. They are NEVER in a GREAT MOOD if they have to leave a neutral or negative feedback.

So, Mood IS feedback.

Feedback IS mood, communicated.

Therefore, feedback control via mood control is 100% on the SELLER. 

Message 16 of 27
latest reply

Imagine there is a 5 star restaurant with a bunch of online reviews. Almost all are glowing reviews, but one is written and is only 2.5 stars out of 5 because the customer didn't read the menu and was surprised by the bill at the eend. Most people who look through the reviews and realize one out of hundreds is an anomaly and maybe even unreasonable. 

I had more sales than ever after I got my first negative feedback recently. 

Message 17 of 27
latest reply

99% of the negative feedback I've ever seen on anyone's feedback appears to be from a crackpot - and most people are aware of this.

Message 18 of 27
latest reply

Sellers are no longer measured by their Feedback rating score - this stopped several years ago - like maybe 5  by SWAG.  Once upon a time they were.

Stay on top of eBay changes  by reading the ANNOUNCEMENTS on your overview page

"I have the right to remain silent but I didn't have the ability." Ron White, Fritch, Texas
"Stay away from negative people, they have a problem for every solution." A. Einstein
The Devil made me do it! - Flip Wilson
If the band can only play loud - they ain't no good - peps too J.R. Johnson
Message 19 of 27
latest reply

@paullee707 wrote:

I received neutral feedback. I sold a used item and stated that in the listing the wires are not included in the sale. I pointed this out to the buyer and sent a feedback revision and they did remove it with a messed-up remark to me.

The remark was>>>I'm in good mood today so you are lucky.

So we can have our feedback score stained by simply someone's bad mood.

They clearly did not read the listing.

I just wonder if there is a remedy for this any ideas would be wonderful to hear besides the ones I already know so please only smart replies:)

Thank you eBay, I love selling stuff here... I really do but please fix this issue.

You only want smart replies and you want those reading the thread to think only the Buyer was/is the issue??

....... "The Ranger isn't gonna like it Yogi"......... Boo-Boo knew what he was talking about!

Posting ID Only.......
Yes, I have no Bananas, only Flamethrowers.......
Message 20 of 27
latest reply

Unfortunately there is no way to regulate the mood of a buyer when they leave you feedback.

We have to just hope for the best.

Undone - Bachman & Cummings
Message 21 of 27
latest reply

“Therefore, feedback control via mood control is 100% on the SELLER.”

If I send the item as promised, in good condition, and it arrives on time, the buyer will leave good feedback.

I agree that’s how it should work, but it doesn’t and sometimes we have to deal with histrionic, personality-disordered, and emotionally unstable people who tone-police and lash out on sellers for no good reason.  Like this:

3454E5FF-F1B4-4AB6-A01B-A0CA27A2D827.jpeg

Fortunately, eBay reviewed the messages and agreed that this buyer’s feedback was not an honest reflection of the transaction or our brief conversation, and it was removed.

Message 22 of 27
latest reply

@gdiesel70 wrote:

“Therefore, feedback control via mood control is 100% on the SELLER.”

If I send the item as promised, in good condition, and it arrives on time, the buyer will leave good feedback.

I agree that’s how it should work, but it doesn’t and sometimes we have to deal with histrionic, personality-disordered, and emotionally unstable people who tone-police and lash out on sellers for no good reason.  Like this:

3454E5FF-F1B4-4AB6-A01B-A0CA27A2D827.jpeg

Fortunately, eBay reviewed the messages and agreed that this buyer’s feedback was not an honest reflection of the transaction or our brief conversation, and it was removed.

That obviously looks like, per your statement that none of that occurred, a mistake by that buyer and was left that feedback, on accident- meant for another seller. 

Surprised you were able to 'respond' (and you shouldn't have responded, or responded like that- I would have said 'buyer must be mistaking me for another seller, none of that occured') and still have it removed. They usually will NOT remove once you've responded. 

Message 23 of 27
latest reply

@paullee707 

< any ideas would be wonderful to hear besides the ones I already know >    

Where did you put that list of the ideas you already know?   So I can avoid repeating them. 

Message 24 of 27
latest reply

ebay removes any feedback you ask them to if you call, it's the reason most buyers and sellers are leaving ebay

Message 25 of 27
latest reply

No,  it was meant for me.  I’m aware of the rules about responding to FB and normally do not respond. I called support, they wanted me to reach out. After a few days of no response (and slow sales after a busy period), I felt it was damaging and left my  $0.02.  I considered writing exactly what you suggested, but I knew this woman expected something from me that was beyond the terms of sale. 

I was being tone policed.  As a woman on the Spectrum, I’m used to being penalized for not performing the social niceties or whatever some people expect.  But I did my job and she got what she wanted, fast and as described. 

She didn’t like my tone, she asked if the item was torn or to be exact “what’s with that weird seam down the middle, it looks like it was torn or??????” because it had a  seam that she assumed shouldn’t be there. I sent her a screen shot from the manufacturers website showing the product (seam and all)  plus a link to another listing (same item different size), to show her the seam was part of the design. She then said “sorry for bothering you” then “ok, no problem!  Thanks”. Yet the act of reassuring her of the seam was taken as defensive when yes, it was a protective measure,  but it was not intended to be rude.

I said “hello” and “no worries, it’s not a bother”.   I  knew I didn’t want to sell to her because I detected patterns of a problem buyer and was  about to add her to my BBL when she bought it.  Almost 2 months had passed when she bombed my feedback with that diatribe. If you present your case to eBay with good, clear facts, they’re usually pretty good about removing dishonest feedback. I mean, in her head that’s what happened, but upon review, support didn’t find anything in our convo that warranted such a response. Especially since it arrived in 2 days, and had no complaints about the product. 

Feedback is to leave an accurate account of the transaction, not an emotional tirade because someone *thought* I wasn’t overly-saccharine. 

Message 26 of 27
latest reply

Some buyers are not nice 😠  Others just like to complain.   Nothing can be done

Message 27 of 27
latest reply