cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We should not be rated on feedback from users that are in a bad mood.

I received neutral feedback. I sold a used item and stated that in the listing the wires are not included in the sale. I pointed this out to the buyer and sent a feedback revision and they did remove it with a messed-up remark to me.

The remark was>>>I'm in good mood today so you are lucky.

So we can have our feedback score stained by simply someone's bad mood.

They clearly did not read the listing.

I just wonder if there is a remedy for this any ideas would be wonderful to hear besides the ones I already know so please only smart replies:)

Thank you eBay, I love selling stuff here... I really do but please fix this issue.

Message 1 of 27
latest reply
26 REPLIES 26

Re: We should not be rated on feedback from users that are in a bad mood.

@paullee707 wrote:

Thank you eBay, I love selling stuff here... I really do but please fix this issue.

What is the fix that you would propose? Who would decide what the buyer's "mood" was when he left feedback, and how would they decide? 

Because the "fix" eBay already offers - the seller asking the buyer for a revision - seems to have worked for you. 

Message 2 of 27
latest reply

Since a Neutral doesn't lower a seller's score, I think it's pointless to have one revised. But I don't see that you have a Neutral.

Message 3 of 27
latest reply

I feel they did fix this problem when they removed neg/neutral feedback from the list of possible defects.

Message 4 of 27
latest reply

Just how would ebay be able to verify someones mood before leaving feedback?

For some......It seems wisdom has been chasing you, but you have always been faster.
Message 5 of 27
latest reply

Well, as  you know the neutral wouldn't figure in your feedback score to begin with.  As for assessing the ephemeral moods or the basic temperaments of buyers when leaving feedback, or sellers when replying to it, there is just no way to do that. 

All any of us can do when we get a neg or neutral is ignore it if we deserved it, as we sometimes do, or reply to it briefly, calmly, factually.

I think most buyers who look at seller feedback can spot the ones that seem to have been left by the irrational and the impossible-to-please customers, and will put more stock in a seller's balanced and professional reponse.

-

Message 6 of 27
latest reply

Someone's mood is impossible to predict, especially on line.  The neutral isn't going to affect your feedback.  If anything it's going to make the buyer look ridiculous. Chalk it up to the business, nothing is perfect in this life...trust me. 

Message 7 of 27
latest reply

With a mood ring silly! You have to wear one when leaving feedback and you have to press it against your touchscreen to show you are in a good mood. 😅

Problem solved! or not.... or not...

Message 8 of 27
latest reply

Guess eBay could issue all buyers  one of those "Mood Rings" that were really pop back in the '70s along with Nehru jackets & polyester leisure suits.  Some were real cheap a plastic band.   Can buy them on eBay with  "free shipping" as well..  The buyer  would have to send a message to eBay with an image of  ones current mood as an attachment before  they could leave  any feedback for any one.

https://www.atlasobscura.com/articles/was-the-mood-ring-a-gateway-drug-to-an-era-of-self-obsession.

never had one but my  12 yo daughter did.

"I have the right to remain silent but I didn't have the ability." Ron White, Fritch, Texas
"Stay away from negative people, they have a problem for every solution." A. Einstein
The Devil made me do it! - Flip Wilson
If the band can only play loud - they ain't no good - peps too J.R. Johnson
Message 9 of 27
latest reply

It should be monitored better for the bad apples. It works once in a while but not about 90% of the time.

Message 10 of 27
latest reply

Too many infractions including neutral does take top seller away.

Message 11 of 27
latest reply

@paullee707 wrote:

Too many infractions including neutral does take top seller away.

Neutral feedback does not have the ability to take the top rated seller rating away.  Your dashboard will show you what counts as a defect and thus can down grade your seller rating.

Message 12 of 27
latest reply

You don't have any neutral feedback, but eBay is not going to remove/not remove feedback based on a buyer's mood. Some people are always in a bad mood.

eBay will remove feedback when it violates policy.

Inceptions
Volunteer Community Mentor, buying and selling on eBay since 2004

Message 13 of 27
latest reply

@paullee707 wrote:

I received neutral feedback. I sold a used item and stated that in the listing the wires are not included in the sale. I pointed this out to the buyer and sent a feedback revision and they did remove it with a messed-up remark to me.

The remark was>>>I'm in good mood today so you are lucky...

By the way, I would not take that seriously or think it means he was in a bad mood when he left the neutral.  It's really just a figure of speech, used casually, nearly always in a slightly teasing but friendly way.

-

Message 14 of 27
latest reply

along with sellers. People have good days and bad days some people don't let the small stuff get to them others do. People are people.

Message 15 of 27
latest reply