cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We removed some search results to show you the most relevant listings. View all results

I just searched for ms64 (anacs,pcgs,ngc) within US Coins --Half Dollars and don't see my listing, I got

We removed some search results to show you the most relevant listings. View all results

My listing is this:

1947 MS64 PCGS Walking Liberty Half Dollar nice luster

It's MS64 and it's PCGS and it's a half dollar, so what is NOT most relevant about it?

Message 1 of 25
latest reply
24 REPLIES 24

I need some help. I search for "ms64 (anacs,pcgs,ngc)" without the quotes, of course, under:

Coins & Paper Money > Coins: US > Half Dollars

I got 4,999 results. How many did your search turn up?
Message 2 of 25
latest reply

@foxidation wrote:

I just searched for ms64 (anacs,pcgs,ngc) within US Coins --Half Dollars and don't see my listing, I got

My listing is this:

1947 MS64 PCGS Walking Liberty Half Dollar nice luster

It's MS64 and it's PCGS and it's a half dollar, so what is NOT most relevant about it?

I've shared screenshots of similar issues on here. The issue comes and goes, and is very annoying.

I've searched items where the product was was included in MPN, Title, and Other Part Number, and it was showing up as "matching less". Yet there was items that ONLY had the same code in "Other Part Number" with a solid match.

I don't understand how an item with the same code in MPN, Other Part Number, and Title doesn't match as well as Other Part Number alone. But I guess that's the AI logic we're working with here 😕

Message 3 of 25
latest reply

@foxidation 

Not sure what criteria eBay is using to determine "most relevant results", but that search of the category "half dollars" returns about 5000 results. But the "relevant results" fits on one page when using 200 items per page. So there is some serious filtering going on, at least when using the "lowest first" sort order.

However, I do see your item if I change the sort to "ending soonest" rather than "lowest first", at least until the item ends in the next hour or so:

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=m570.l1313&_nkw=ms64+%28anacs%2Cpcgs%2Cngc%29&_sac...

Those results span 26 pages at 200 items per page, so there is no apparent filtering going on for that sort. Changing back to "lowest first" still fits on one page, though. Odd.

When I use "best match", your item is the 23rd result out of that 5000 or so results. No idea why you score high on "best match" but do not make the cut on "relevant results". Seems like they should be measuring similar traits.

If you have that "lowest price" sort bookmarked, you can change that to the "all results" by adding "&_blrs=recall_filtering" to the end of the URL, or just bookmarking the "view all results" page instead.

Message 4 of 25
latest reply

A few months ago, I searched for the exact title of an item I wanted to buy (it was on my selling account watch list instead of my buying account). The search gave me about 20 results total, and none of them was the specific item I wanted to buy, but somewhat similar items. I ended up cutting and pasting the url from one browser to the other so I could purchase it. (Of course I had trouble with 'this card can not be accepted', but that's another rant...)

I have been having trouble finding most of the things I want in the search lately, so I have been buying drastically less from this site.

Message 5 of 25
latest reply

Sorry.  It was Half dollars --Walking Liberty,  And I had it sorted by Ending soonest, so it should have been in about the first five listings as it ends in about 90 minutes from now.

Message 6 of 25
latest reply

I get this "relevant results" message on every search I do. Every freaking search!!! It's extremely annoying to click EVERY TIME to see ALL results, not just stupid ones selected by eBay.

And also, did anybody noticed now 'sponsored items' are messing up their search??? They include them in the beginning, before normal items start, and they break the search sequence - for example, if a search is by low price, they show me useless high price sponsored  items first, not last. Again, it's extremely annoying - I made a notice to myself to never buy these items, so they will go away eventually.

Message 7 of 25
latest reply

@mrv71 

I get this "relevant results" message on every search I do. Every freaking search!!! It's extremely annoying to click EVERY TIME to see ALL results, not just stupid ones selected by eBay.

Are you using bookmarked or saved searches? If you bookmark or save the "view all results" version, you should only have to do that once per saved search.

I think berserkerplanet wrote a redirector script to undo that "relevant results" filter -- let me see if I can find a link for you.

Regarding sponsored listings, I do not see those any more since I use Ad Block Plus browser extension with the setting "Allow Acceptable Ads" unchecked.

Message 8 of 25
latest reply

@mrv71 wrote:

Ha! So do I! Like you, I prefer to judge for myself which results are relevant to my search, so I always click to see all results.

I have never had that number change! If it's showing me 148 results originally, it still shows me 148 results after I click to see all results. It might just be a coincidence surrounding the items I search for, but I always get a kick out of that. 

Message 9 of 25
latest reply

@pburn 

I have never had that number change! If it's showing me 148 results originally, it still shows me 148 results after I click to see all results.

The number does not change, but the search results shown actually do. Even thought it says 148 results, eBay will not show you all 148 unless you follow that "view all results" link.

Message 10 of 25
latest reply

@mrv71 

Here are a couple of berserkerplanet's posts about avoiding various default search behaviors that might be useful and relevant to your situation:

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Bidding-Buying/is-there-a-way-to-stop-ebay-from-automatically-changing...

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Technical-Issues/Completed-amp-Sold-Search-Not-Working-Right-Completed...

The second thread has some insight into search behavior, and how to get around various limitations. Though I believe the Redirector stuff requires using an old version of Firefox that allows for older plug-ins that no longer work in the current version.

Message 11 of 25
latest reply

Oh, for goodness sake! I guess I've never actually counted the results! LOL!
Message 12 of 25
latest reply

>>Though I believe the Redirector stuff requires using an old version of Firefox that allows for older plug-ins
>>that no longer work in the current version.

Einar Egilsson (the Redirector author) stated that the Firefox WebExtensions rewrite was completed years ago, and the 3.0 versions were it. https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/redirector/versions/

Some info here: http://einaregilsson.com/redirector/ links to Firefox, Chrome, Opera versions

I'm running the latest Redirector v3.2.1 in FF52 (an obsolete XPI extension browser - not FF WebExtension based like the new Firefoxen).

However, although that v3.2.1 is an XPI format, it appears to also be a WebExtension version. I'm unclear on this as I don't do WebExtensions, but it looks like that XPI container may be new Firefox compatible and the contents are somehow dual purpose. When I tore it apart and looked at the contents they do indeed appear to be WebExtension material.

In other words, I think that 3.2.1 version may compatible with newer Firefox browsers.

Looked at the Chrome store page but it gave no indication of version compatibility.
Opera addons page version also doesn't indicate version compatibility.

Folks will just have to try installing it and see, but I think it might work in newest browsers.
Message 13 of 25
latest reply

@pburn wrote:

@mrv71 wrote:

Ha! So do I! Like you, I prefer to judge for myself which results are relevant to my search, so I always click to see all results.

I have never had that number change! If it's showing me 148 results originally, it still shows me 148 results after I click to see all results. It might just be a coincidence surrounding the items I search for, but I always get a kick out of that. 

It's even better when it would say something like "148 results" but then when you click show all, there's "130 results".

Message 14 of 25
latest reply

@zamo-zuan wrote:

@pburn wrote:

@mrv71 wrote:

It's even better when it would say something like "148 results" but then when you click show all, there's "130 results".

Hahaha.......YES!! I've had that happen. Or switching between low to high price, best match, etc. Different numbers all over the place.

Message 15 of 25
latest reply