Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WHY THE CHANGE ON SAVED SELLER LIST. CAN NO LONGER EDIT THE LIST

Message 1 of 18
latest reply
17 REPLIES 17

Re: WHY THE CHANGE ON SAVED SELLER LIST. CAN NO LONGER EDIT THE LIST

To make changes, click on the three vertical dots next to the heart. It gives you four options such as "add note to self" and "subscribe to e-mails",  "contact seller" and "view profile".

I was in the process of posting when I happened upon your post. Since I am here, I will vent my frustration and avoid being harassed for being unable to handle change.

I just went to my Saved Seller List and I cannot believe what eBay has done to it.

First, there are two columns and you read them from left to right. So, you read the first Seller in Column one then the second Seller in column two. Then the third Seller in Column one and the fourth in column two and on and on ad nauseum.

Second, when you go to the page, the Sellers are sorted by "date added". Who remembers when they added a Seller? You can change it to sort "by name", but every time you leave the page it reverts to sort by "date added".

Third, I can see no way to delete a Seller from my list.

Fourth, why do I need to have each Seller in a roughly 2" x 6" rectangle?

What genius thought this up?  What a huge time waster!!!!!!!!

It is absolutely the worst re-vamping of a list I have ever seen.

Message 2 of 18
latest reply

I'm just wondering, I've never tried to edit that list. Why does it need edited? I add a seller that I like to buy from and forget about it. 

Message 3 of 18
latest reply

Why does it need edited?

A lot of times sellers that were favorited years ago, are now NARU. I go through and purge the non-existent ones every couple years.

Message 4 of 18
latest reply

What idiot came up with this awful change?? Takes twice as long to use as a simple clear list.. Won"t stay on sort by name or return to where you were last... And you can't delete anyone... What the heck!

Message 5 of 18
latest reply

Here is what I did right or wrong. I use saved sellers mostly for reference. To compare pricing. so in my favorites list was saved sellers just a click away. Some genius at ebay decided that was too easy and changed to the mess we see now. I deleted my saved seller in my favorites and now go to the home page and can look up "by seller"  if you have a list to go by just type the sellers name and their site will come up. i did it with most of my sellers and now by using this method it is almost as easy to access. 

HOME PAGE

ADVANCED

CLICK BY SELLER BOX

TYPE IN SELLER

IT WILL REMEMBER SEVERAL OF YOUR SELLERS WHEN YOU CLICK ON THE PLACE TO TYPE THE SELLER

Message 6 of 18
latest reply

It was done by another one of their idiot programmers that does not have a clue and Ebay could care less.

If they would allow the list  to remain alphabetical permanently, it would be passable but when morons think they know how to program and managers can do no better, it a pure bad joke that again sellers pay for.

Message 7 of 18
latest reply

I agree.. the new list setup is awful....

Message 8 of 18
latest reply

If you prefer an alphabetical text list, you could try using your feed page:

https://www.ebay.com/feed

From there, click on the number of saved sellers to see a drop-down, four-column text list of your saved sellers. You can right click on each seller username to open the seller profile in a new tab.

Not the most elegant workaround, but still better than the new Saved Seller page.

Message 9 of 18
latest reply

I agree entirely.  This new "look" for the saved sellers page is way too cumbersome - and downright ugly.  This may sound like it's hyperbole, but it's not: I am less likely now than I was before to scan my favorite seller pages and stores, and to buy from them.  I can take my money elsewhere, where my eyes and brain don't go through the irritation of this new format (and through the trouble of having to re-sort the sellers alphabetically every time I go to that page).  I hope that sellers on eBay realize that, by doing this, eBay may be cutting into their sales.  Frankly, this new format just looks and feels insulting, and it is hard for me to gather the patience to scan for items and make purchases if I feel like someone is trying to make that process harder for me and insulting me in the process.

Message 10 of 18
latest reply

I AGREE THE LIST IS ALMOST USELESS NOW. All it needs to be OK is have it in 1 COLUMN SORTED ALPHABETICALLY THE WAY IT ALWAYS WAS FOR AT LEAST THE LAST 10 YEARS  No one wants this list to go side to side! And having it revert to Sort By Date Added every time you click on it is ridiculous. This is not a function that needs a brilliant programming change!

Message 11 of 18
latest reply

On my page if I click on the SAVED SELLER HEART SYMBOL, it will turn it off and that seller will delete when I exit the page

Message 12 of 18
latest reply

That’s how I deleted a saved seller as well…just click on their heart.  When you refresh the page the seller is gone.

Message 13 of 18
latest reply

Only my opinion but this latest update is very poor. To list by "date added" serves no purpose and the ability to change (but only temporarily) the listing back to alphabetical order, is very poor implementation of an "improvment".
The use of a visually larger list across two columns makes quick scrolling through the list considerably more difficult and is counter intuitive. Overall it far less efficient by way of being more inconveniet and time consuming to interact with.
I'm sure it will/has reduced sales for both buyers & sellers alike. 0/10 Ebay!
Please improve this improvment or change it back.

Message 14 of 18
latest reply

i about had a stroke when i saw this, it was fine the way it is and it seems ebay doesnt care as you cant get a hold of anyone in ebay support unless you fake a problem, i had options before as in getting email notifications now thats gone to,it was perfect the way it was, i dont get it, i see this alot with other things like facebook, spectrum changing things when they were perfectly fine unless developers want to keep there jobs and make up bogus **bleep** to change as they dont care, im sick right now,ugh

Message 15 of 18
latest reply