cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Updates to how you sell to German customers on eBay

THis is an easy fix--I'm not selling to Germany anymore. I'm tired of government bureaucracy that costs me time and money. I won't sell to Germany any more. No problem for me, less hassle and paperwork. Thanks.

Message 1 of 89
latest reply
88 REPLIES 88

Care to explain?  What issue with Germany?

This one goes to Eleven - Nigel Tufnel

Simply-the-best-for-you Volunteer Community Mentor
eBay Seller since 1996

Message 2 of 89
latest reply

Yes, do tell

Message 3 of 89
latest reply

Germany is one of my best foreign markets and not paying the 39 Euros to participate will probably cost me money in the long run but I'm more than willing to forego that income rather than bow down to their dictates.  I hope my current German customers understand why my products are no longer available to them.  

Message 4 of 89
latest reply

Ok great! What about England France Spain or any other country in Europe? 

Message 5 of 89
latest reply

@audiotagsiowa wrote:

Germany is one of my best foreign markets and not paying the 39 Euros to participate will probably cost me money in the long run but I'm more than willing to forego that income rather than bow down to their dictates.  I hope my current German customers understand why my products are no longer available to them.  

Why are you paying 39 Euros to participate? I sell all over Europe, including Germany, and I do not "pay" to participate.

An explanation is definitely in order.

Message 6 of 89
latest reply

There are not many German buyers on ebay anyways. I was wondering why there are no buyers from Europe lately; Germans in Germany used to be my buyers, maybe one in twenty was from Germany - but I haven`t seen a German address in a few years (I got a German scammer who moved to the US-but that is another story).

I still see buyers from the UK (but they are not EU anymore). It was the best part of ebay to be exposed to international buyers; it generated at least 1/3 of all of my sales. Unfortunately, things changed and ebay is losing valuable international buyers.

Message 7 of 89
latest reply

The EU changed the VAT rules last summer and sales from Europe dropped sharply after that. 

Message 8 of 89
latest reply

@hawk731 wrote:

THis is an easy fix--I'm not selling to Germany anymore. I'm tired of government bureaucracy that costs me time and money. I won't sell to Germany any more. No problem for me, less hassle and paperwork. Thanks.

@hawk731 : What updates are you referring to, and what money is it costing you (as opposed to your buyer) to sell or ship to Germany?

Message 9 of 89
latest reply

There are important updates to how you sell goods to German customers on eBay. Starting on July 1, 2022, it is a legal requirement for sellers of commercial goods to Germans to have a valid Lucid-IdNr (packaging license) connected to their eBay account.

As part of your Extended Producer Responsibility (EPR), you are obligated to follow these regulations set by the German Packaging Act (VerpackG). These regulations focus on sustainability and are designed to prevent and manage waste.

To comply with these changes, you’ll need to license your packaging with a dual system and register with the LUCID packaging register.
How to license your packaging
We have partnered with Lizenzero, a company that offers a straightforward way to license your packaging digitally using the Interseroh+ system. Please visit their website and contact their team if you have any questions or need guidance.
Visit Lizenzero
How to register your packaging with LUCID
Firstly, you’ll need to provide the Central Agency Packaging Register with:
  • Your company name, address and contact details
  • Your VAT / Tax ID
  • A declaration that your packaging is licensed with a dual system
You will then receive your EPR number. Enter this along with the amount of packaging you are using when you open an account with a dual system. Our partner Lizenzero lets you open an account without the number, but it should be provided as soon as possible. 

Please be sure to take the necessary steps outlined above by the deadline of July 1, 2022, or else we will be legally required to restrict your selling privileges for the German market.

Thank you for selling on eBay, 
The eBay Team
Message 10 of 89
latest reply

That only applies to sellers who produce their own commercial goods that have packaging. It doesn't apply to sellers who are just reselling things.

Message 11 of 89
latest reply

Thanks for sharing!

Message 12 of 89
latest reply

Looks like a giant pain in that area found below your lower back.

Message 13 of 89
latest reply

And we needed to know that you are not selling to Germany any more because . . .? 

Message 14 of 89
latest reply

I'm considering not selling outside the U.S.  It looks like I can change all 150+ at one time.  May be the easiest.

Message 15 of 89
latest reply