cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Update: Feedback Enhancements now Visible

Over the past few months, we’ve been working to improve the feedback experience for buyers on eBay. We are making these changes in order to give potential buyers better insight into your products.

Starting last month, eBay sellers have been able to preview images on their sold multi-quantity items feedback. With the success of the program thus far, we are starting to make those images available to buyers as well. We will continue to test images on feedback into 2024.

Richer text and images in feedback can add credibility and drive sales by instilling additional confidence for interested buyers as they shop. To date, we've already collected almost a million images and the vast majority are associated with positive feedback and showcase the great products and positive experiences buyers have with our eBay sellers. Existing policies related to feedback and feedback removal will also apply to images.

These updates will help to add trust to reviews, increase buyer confidence and  drive conversion for your listings. 

As always, thank you for selling on eBay.

The eBay Team

Message 1 of 94
latest reply
93 REPLIES 93

@wastingtime101 wrote:
More info was provided back in November including an FAQ about relevancy. Not sure how many of your questions it will answer.

Not many. 😉 But thanks for posting that link. I did see that FAQ when it first came out but others may have missed it.

I dont really buy their explanations of how the 'relevance' sort is supposed to help. 'Relevance' is subjective anyway - especially for sellers of one-off items. But mainly their non-explanation of why the setting (Relevance vs. Recent) cannot be made a sticky setting just sounds like an excuse for a programming oversight:

1. Will I be able to save my preference for sorting?

• Currently you will not be able to save your preference for a particular sort, but you will have the option to change the sort on your feedback profile page on any platform

'Currently' sounds to me more like 'Oh carp we forgot to save the preference setting' but hopefully that will get fixed in a future year. 

Message 91 of 94
latest reply

@itsjustasprain wrote:
'Currently' sounds to me more like 'Oh carp we forgot to save the preference setting' but hopefully that will get fixed in a future year.

Forgot it? More like it never occurred to them until people brought it up on this forum and by then it was too late to code it in to the release. At best it'll be coded into the first round of updates. They loved their changes so much they couldn't possibly fathom others would have issues and see a loss of functionality. Clearly the people that designed it do not sell or buy much on this site.

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.
Message 92 of 94
latest reply

@wastingtime101   Thanks for the link to the Q&A.........finally got an answer on how relevancy is computed........sigh.......  Sounds like to me they got a "new" tool and just had to use it somewhere....whether the ultimate product was viable or not. 

The idea that a feedback from a year ago is more relevant than the current ones is just ludicrous. 

Not only don't they sell/buy much, I doubt whether they have common sense.....

Message 93 of 94
latest reply

@wastingtime101 wrote:

@itsjustasprain wrote:

Forgot it? More like it never occurred to them until people brought it up on this forum and by then it was too late to code it in to the release.

I agree. I've spent literally decades in IT and Tech Support, and I like to think that I can recognize an oversight when I see it. This problem has all the hallmarks of Unexpected Side-Effects that come from trying to add new functionality to existing code, especially when the enhancements are done by coders who either (1) did not write the original code, or (2) did not understand the purpose or use of the end product (or both). 

The Feedback ordering has always been hard-coded for chronological order, so the new functionality for "relevance" ordering had to be piggybacked on to the existing page. I would describe that "Most Relevant/Most Recent" switch as more of an On/Off switch, deciding whether to override the old chronological order with the new branch for relevance order instead. It's set to be Default On, showing  the "Most Relevant" ordering, but when the user changes it, that change is not stored (as a cookie or whatever) because no one thought to do that, nor is there any code to retrieve that user setting the next time the page is called.

Given that no one in eBay seems to want to take responsibility for the work (or, God forbid, explain it here), we may never know for sure.

Message 94 of 94
latest reply