cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Update: Feedback Enhancements now Visible

Over the past few months, we’ve been working to improve the feedback experience for buyers on eBay. We are making these changes in order to give potential buyers better insight into your products.

Starting last month, eBay sellers have been able to preview images on their sold multi-quantity items feedback. With the success of the program thus far, we are starting to make those images available to buyers as well. We will continue to test images on feedback into 2024.

Richer text and images in feedback can add credibility and drive sales by instilling additional confidence for interested buyers as they shop. To date, we've already collected almost a million images and the vast majority are associated with positive feedback and showcase the great products and positive experiences buyers have with our eBay sellers. Existing policies related to feedback and feedback removal will also apply to images.

These updates will help to add trust to reviews, increase buyer confidence and  drive conversion for your listings. 

As always, thank you for selling on eBay.

The eBay Team

Message 1 of 94
latest reply
93 REPLIES 93

@fern*wood wrote:

I really dislike the change to auto-set feedback preferences to most relevant.  That makes me look like I haven't sold or received any feedback within the last six months.  I have be sure to manually switch it back to most recent whenever I view any buyer or seller's feedback and this choice does not stick and has to be done every time.   Not helpful and very annoying.

I dont think it was intentional to have most relevant be the setting that comes up first. I think its more likely that whoever added the new programming did not think to make it a sticky setting or did not know how to add the additional coding for that. (Before Most Relevant came along there was only one order to the feedback results so there would be no need for coding to read a stored user setting because there were no alternate choices anyway.)

It would be great to have an explanation for why they did it that way but unless the Monthly Chat makes a miraculous (late) appearance next week I am not sure if they will ever talk about it.

Message 76 of 94
latest reply

I'm not going to hold my breath for any type of explanation.  Ebay reps seem to have abandoned us for the most part and few explanations surface these days for any of the changes.  I'm still looking for clarity on the new offers testing, but haven't seen anything on that either.

Message 77 of 94
latest reply

@fern*wood wrote:

I'm not going to hold my breath for any type of explanation.  Ebay reps seem to have abandoned us for the most part and few explanations surface these days for any of the changes.  I'm still looking for clarity on the new offers testing, but haven't seen anything on that either.

Somewhat ironically, I received a survey request entitled "Seeking Feedback from eBay Sellers" back on Monday of this week. I dutifully filled it out and sent it in, complete with a rather lengthy paragraph for one particular answer. As with many of their surveys, it ends by asking if they can contact me for more discussion, so I said Fine, here's my contact info, etc.

Three days later, yesterday, they sent me the same survey again🙄 As it happened, I had written my essay reply in a Notepad session that was still sitting on-screen (I don't get around to cleaning up anything, including my Windows sessions), so I pasted that in again, made the same other choices again, and sent it in again.

I guess I might expect a third copy on either Sunday or Monday coming up. Will post updates as they occur.

Message 78 of 94
latest reply

@fern*wood wrote:

I really dislike the change to auto-set feedback preferences to most relevant.  That makes me look like I haven't sold or received any feedback within the last six months.  I have be sure to manually switch it back to most recent whenever I view any buyer or seller's feedback and this choice does not stick and has to be done every time.   Not helpful and very annoying.

I find it incredibly obnoxious that our preference of "most relevant" or "most recent" is not a sticky setting. We have to change the selection every single time we visit a feedback page. I prefer to be efficient in my selling and buying activities. Constantly having to change settings is not helpful.

At the very least eBay should make that a sticky setting based on what the user last selected. Please escalate this feedback on feedback elizabeth@ebay kyle@ebay devon@ebay . Thank you.

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.
Message 79 of 94
latest reply

Add me to the list!

slippinjimmy_1-1708255312182.png

Message 80 of 94
latest reply

@wastingtime101 wrote:

@fern*wood wrote:

I find it incredibly obnoxious that our preference of "most relevant" or "most recent" is not a sticky setting. We have to change the selection every single time we visit a feedback page. I prefer to be efficient in my selling and buying activities. Constantly having to change settings is not helpful.

At the very least eBay should make that a sticky setting based on what the user last selected. Please escalate this feedback on feedback elizabeth@ebay kyle@ebay devon@ebay . Thank you.

Even worse: I change from "most relevant" to "most recent" then switch to feedback left for others. Then switch back to all feedback received and it's back on "most relevant". It won't even stick the setting when I'm changing tabs but staying on the same FB page! This had to have been designed by someone that does not actually use the feedback page.

elizabeth@ebay kyle@ebay devon@ebay 

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.
Message 81 of 94
latest reply

I echo This had to have been designed by someone that does not actually use the feedback page. @wastingtime101 

They have complicated the feedback page so greatly......it's a travesty...........

Message 82 of 94
latest reply

They're looking at it one-sided in my opinion @dhbookds, which is from a buyer's perspective and not from a seller's perspective. They are not factoring in that sellers use it as a customer service tool.

But even as a buyer, I will always change sort to most recent over most relevant. I want to see how the seller is performing today, not one year ago. 🤷

GLORIOUS!

Message 83 of 94
latest reply

@wastingtime101 

I'm looking at it as a buyer............to me the most recent IS the most relevant.......

Message 84 of 94
latest reply

@wastingtime101 wrote:

@wastingtime101 wrote:

Even worse: I change from "most relevant" to "most recent" then switch to feedback left for others. Then switch back to all feedback received and it's back on "most relevant". It won't even stick the setting when I'm changing tabs but staying on the same FB page! This had to have been designed by someone that does not actually use the feedback page.

elizabeth@ebay kyle@ebay devon@ebay 

I know this was mentioned already in this thread but I would reiterate here: I think the most likely reason that the setting for [Most Recent/Most Relevant] is not a sticky one (saving the user's preference for next time) is simply because it never occurred to anyone writing the code that the user might want to save the setting. 

That, in turn, comes from the Feedback ordering originally being hard-wired as Most Recent by design. Thus there would be no existing code to consult the user's preference settings, because there was never any alternative in the first place: nothing being stored for that, or a cookie being set, or whatever.

Whoever added the new code for selecting "Most Relevant" (whatever the heck that is supposed to be -- I have not seen that actually explained in detail anywhere) would have had to write additional code for saving the user's choice and retrieving it in the next session, extra work that they were probably not asked to do, or did not think of before turning in the new code.

For example, you can set your Search result ordering preference in the Desktop view (e.g. "Newly Listed" instead of the silly "Best Match"), and the code will remember it for next time. But if you're in the Mobile app, no one thought to code that setting to save the user's choice there, so if you want your Search results in Newly Listed order in the Mobile app, you have to select it yourself every... single... time. 

It's not strategy; it's just incomplete work.

Message 85 of 94
latest reply

@wastingtime101 wrote:

@fern*wood wrote:

Hey @wastingtime101 I couldn't agree more; a sticky setting would be ideal in my opinion too.  We'll be glad to pass this feedback along to the appropriate teams!

Kyle,
eBay
Message 86 of 94
latest reply

kyle@ebay wrote:

@wastingtime101 wrote:

@fern*wood wrote:

Hey @wastingtime101 I couldn't agree more; a sticky setting would be ideal in my opinion too.  We'll be glad to pass this feedback along to the appropriate teams!

kyle@ebay , @seller_news_team 

When I check my own Feedback history the default is Most Resent.  When I check Customer or Potential customer's FB in either the Message flow, Bids on Auctions or Sold items the default is Most Relevant which I have to change every time.

-Users are used to Most Recent and have been for years, I don't recall seeing hundreds of threads here complaining about that because it was never an issue

-Technically there is no such thing as "Most Relevant" because the Feedback "history" is just that, it is the History of a Member's receipt of or issuance of Feedback, period. 

-This is another example of someone or some group over thinking something and thinking it is an improvement when in fact it isn't ... 

Regards,
Mr. Lincoln - Community Mentor
Message 87 of 94
latest reply

Maybe do us all a favor and stop doing anything, as everything you do causes more issues and problems, in the beginning feedback was on a level playing field and kept everything in check, if you were/are a problematic buyer/seller it was easy for all parties to see and make their own risk judgement...but one day someone cried they got a bad feedback and will not use ebay any longer...ebay said we can't have that and rolled out the halo to fit atop every buyers head for they can do no wrong! And said just report it to us and we will take care of the deadbeats(apparently NOT) as now you use it as an excuse to roll out this autopay to force any purchase to be paid for automatically, which also blocks and makes any attempt at combining shipping impossible.....None of the above benefits a seller...and continues to hinder sales.....

Message 88 of 94
latest reply

I also fail to see where the simple fact of using common sense should have applied first, whatever you did that brought back negative feedback THAT WERE ONCE LEGITMATELY REMOVED BY EBAY! to redisplay publicly, tell me exactly what does that do to promote more sales by throwing out the illegitimate neg feedbacks into the public eye, that is why they were removed in the first place! But now you dredge them back up and the result is buyers will see them and not know or look any further and go elsewhere....again instead of promoting (as you are paid by sellers to do) you hinder more sales and aggravate the sellers more...It also makes your feedback score chart faulty as it falsely reflects incorrect percentages where you brought back the removed feedbacks to display for everyone, but failed to refactor those into the equations and now makes the feedback rating display inaccurate and displaying false information...so exactly what is your purpose of doing this....

Message 89 of 94
latest reply

@itsjustasprain wrote:

I dont think it was intentional to have most relevant be the setting that comes up first. I think its more likely that whoever added the new programming did not think to make it a sticky setting or did not know how to add the additional coding for that.

It would be great to have an explanation for why they did it that way but unless the Monthly Chat makes a miraculous (late) appearance next week I am not sure if they will ever talk about it.

@itsjustasprain @fern*wood 

More info was provided back in November including an FAQ about relevancy. Not sure how many of your questions it will answer.

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Selling/Feedback-enhancements-now-visible/td-p/34092132

GLORIOUS!

Message 90 of 94
latest reply