cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unfair practices against Sellers by Ebay

Nothing new, and my story is the same story experienced by multitudes of Sellers on Ebay.  I am a small seller, super conscious about every sale no matter big or small.  I package all items in a gifting fashion, candies, thank you note, and on most sales a thank you gift, of course not possible with sales of a few dollars!  I recently sold a "GENUINE", vintage, rare ladies fragrance, original box, papers, full bottle, outer retail labels, etc.  I did not put a gun to any buyers head, received funds via PayPal, packaged, as usual, including a gift, I paid for Priority ship service ($7+) and customer opened case claiming "did not smell like the original" or the implication it was a fake!  Yeah, I went in my basement, someone filled a spray bottle, found a 30 year old box that housed original fragrance, made up some retail labels, looked really worn/weathered and fooled a customer...get real Ebay!!! Look at my feedback and read some of my "glowing" feedback!!! The fragrance is genuine, customer knows it, has buyers remorse, perhaps she found it cheaper somewhere else or with another Ebay seller, and all she has to do is make a claim it is not genuine!  Ebay representative opens a case, on my behalf, unauthorized, allowing her to return item at MY cost.  So now a customer gets to use my item, return at no cost, get ALL of her funds back and in other words she is out nothing!!!! Me, I am out a significant sale, ship cost to/from, fight for return of fees, and for what? For being an honest seller who has done nothing wrong, yet Ebay allows a "buyer protection guarantee" that basically gives a green light to any buyer who for whatever reason wants their money back! I have and have always had a No Return Policy on all my listings, and the only exceptions I have made were for any item arriving damaged, to date about 3 in 10 years!  Or, if I deceptively listed an item...NONE to date, in 10 years!  But now because of some representative in Escalation Dept. decides to play God, I have no option but lick my wounds and move on.  When do you find yourself or your representative accountable for their inability to distinguish irregularities in buyers claim? When do you say "NO" to a buyer who is deceitful, for whatever reason it be? You hurt your sellers and provide no "Sellers Protection" at all, yet we are the ones that make you money, and without sellers it goes without saying, you have no sales, no customers!!! You need to look within and find an equitable solution for BOTH the buyer AND THE SELLERS!!! Why is that so hard to do, answer, you don't care!  Believe me, and I am sure tons of sellers will agree with my wholeheartedly that there are MORE deceptive buyers than there are sellers!!!!!

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Re: Unfair practices against Sellers by Ebay

We feel your pain
Message 2 of 4
latest reply

@dbon3170 wrote:

Nothing new

You got it right with the first two words. 

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

This has been happening a lot to me lately as well. I have buyers purchase games, play them for a couple of weeks, then return them on my dime claiming they don't work. Just received a game back the other day with buyer claiming it was defective. Sure enough, I put the game in my console and it works fine.

The fact is, buyers change their mind and lie about the reasons for returns.

Meanwhile, ebay threatens sellers with added 5% final value fees if too many buyers claim an item wasn't as described and or defective. This is what concerns me the most.

Message 4 of 4
latest reply