cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unfair feedback limits on buyers. They give you unfair feedback and eBay will not let you give neg.

Buyers who do not try to contact you when they are not satisfied with purchase item, have no right to give unfair negative feedback unless they first contact seller and at least try to resolve issue. Many buyers only want to give negative feedback. This issue must be corrected by EBay’s policy. This not only hurts the seller, but also, Ebay. This is what I would refer to as being discriminated against since you have no choice but to give positive feedback, which helps the buyer and hurts the seller. I have had a few situations where the buyer didn’t have the courtesy to try to resolve issue, never stating any problems, just giving negative feedback, and refusing to withdraw feedback. When contacting EBay, they acknowledge your reporting, but refuse to let you know what they have done to resolve issue. What kind of policy is this, after all I thought EBay was a fair place to sell , but not anymore!,,,,

Message 1 of 52
latest reply
51 REPLIES 51

Re: Unfair feedback limits on buyers. They give you unfair feedback and eBay will not let you give n

I AM NOT AGAINST BUYERS OR SELLERS I AM AGAINST THE BAD BUYER AND BAD SELLER 

This is often misunderstood.

Message 46 of 52
latest reply

Re: Unfair feedback limits on buyers. They give you unfair feedback and eBay will not let you give n

@bosmingfarg wrote:
I gave a seller a less than good feedback because she refused to tell me why they sent me the wrong hat, and not the one pictured. She told me to sell my hat to someone else. Whaaa ? she offered me a discount refund, but I closed my Paypal account. It isn't the money that bothers me, it's the fact that no one can tell me how a wrong hat gets sent. If I had done that as a seller, I would tell her keep the hat, and I will mail you the one you ordered. I hate to leave bad feedback, but the verbal sparring gets old in a hurry. Simple question "why did you send me the wrong hat ?"

I think the simple answer is she sent you the wrong hat by mistake.

Message 47 of 52
latest reply

Unbelievable. What about legitimate differences of opinion?

PLUS - You wouldn’t believe the carpy  junk I got on a regular basis in the old days, the retaliatory negs I got for my honest outrage, and the money I wasted because no protections were in place for buyers. I almost bailed!

Instead, I decided to sell. In one of the pickiest categories. And to be spectacularly careful what I listed and how I described it.

Message 48 of 52
latest reply

@grandspz wrote:

Wow, are you for real.

Yes, absolutely.  

Message 49 of 52
latest reply

Because the buyer isn’t your hostage. 🙄

Message 50 of 52
latest reply

@arisdisc wrote:

I think a GREAT POSITIVE CHANGE in here (I know, they are VERY RARE these days) would be for Ebay to REQUIRE the buyer at least 'contact' the seller before being able to leave negative feedback. Once that's done, it's fair game for both parties.

Why would that be so difficult??

The contacting isn't so difficult; it is the aftermath that might be.  

Message 51 of 52
latest reply

It's very sad is it is now that a seller has to just keep calling and get negatives removed. If they made buyers contact sellers to tell them they are giving a negative then it would make it even easier to have the neg removed. A seller would cry to Ebay and show them a rude message from an angry buyer and the neg would be gone.

Message 52 of 52
latest reply