cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unfair feedback limits on buyers. They give you unfair feedback and eBay will not let you give neg.

Buyers who do not try to contact you when they are not satisfied with purchase item, have no right to give unfair negative feedback unless they first contact seller and at least try to resolve issue. Many buyers only want to give negative feedback. This issue must be corrected by EBay’s policy. This not only hurts the seller, but also, Ebay. This is what I would refer to as being discriminated against since you have no choice but to give positive feedback, which helps the buyer and hurts the seller. I have had a few situations where the buyer didn’t have the courtesy to try to resolve issue, never stating any problems, just giving negative feedback, and refusing to withdraw feedback. When contacting EBay, they acknowledge your reporting, but refuse to let you know what they have done to resolve issue. What kind of policy is this, after all I thought EBay was a fair place to sell , but not anymore!,,,,

Message 1 of 52
latest reply
51 REPLIES 51

Unfair feedback limits on buyers. They give you unfair feedback and eBay will not let you give neg.

No one cares about feedback.     There is one fabric seller with the most horrendous feedback year after  year and people still buy from her.

The problem with feedback for buyer is that sellers would retaliate with negative feedback and than the buyer would leave and never come back to Ebay to purchase.

Respond to your negatives and move on.

Message 2 of 52
latest reply

@whatmorefabric wrote:

No one cares about feedback.    

That is not true. As a buyer I almost always look at feedback.  As a seller I know from interactions from a few buyers that some do indeed look at feedback, especially when choosing from sellers who are all selling widgets at close to the same price.  Only Ebay, for some perverse corporate reasoning, does not care about feedback, even though it would be oh so simple to give feedback some light weight input into the seller metrics algorithm.

Message 3 of 52
latest reply

" I have had a few situations where the buyer didn’t have the courtesy to try to resolve issue, never stating any problems, just giving negative feedback, and refusing to withdraw feedback."

-----------

Some people think not getting the proper item, in proper condition, the first time upon delivery ... is a negative experience.

So you want to neg a buyer, because they first negged you?

Thanks,

Lynn

Lynn

You love me for everything you hate me for

Message 4 of 52
latest reply

If feedback concerns you,  you are one of the few.    Surveys done by  the retail association show that feedback has little or no bearing on whether someone buys from you.      They are more concerned with delivery time,  price and quality.

Message 5 of 52
latest reply

You have one negative feedback --- relax.   I have one too, but that's life.  Not everyone will be happy with their purchases.   Follow-ups are important, though, and I chose not to leave one because everything I came up with sounded snarky and would have reflected badly on me for my future buyers.  I don't think saying you reported your buyer does you any favors either with future buyers. 

Even if they had contacted you first they can still leave a negative if that is how they felt about the transaction. 

Message 6 of 52
latest reply

There is no rule that says a buyer must contact a seller before leaving feedback.

You don't have to give a buyer positive feedback.  You can choose to leave no feedback.

You can receive a neg whether or not the buyer contacts you for resolution.  Resolution does not erase a bad transaction, nor does a refund.  Fixing a problem does not mean there was no problem to fix in the first place.  

Due to privacy rules,  they do not disclose what action has occurred on someone else's account.

Sorry about your neg.

Message 7 of 52
latest reply

So you are knowingly breaking the rules leaving negative comments for buyers, yet are complaining about buyer behavior that is NOT a violation? Do you see any hypocricy with that position?

Life isn't fair. Stop breaking the rules. Buyers get to leave negative comments, sellers don't. Not since 2008.

Message 8 of 52
latest reply

@grandspz do you know why brick and mortar stores don't publicly shame people who leave them bad feedback on sites like Yelp? Because it's UNPROFESSIONAL and petty. It would drive far more business away than a bad review.

Message 9 of 52
latest reply

I know you think otherwise, and that is your right, but the buyer may have reason to not contact the seller. 

Message 10 of 52
latest reply

i do not agree with you  feedback is concerning for the good sellers if there is no feedback system, buyer and sellers will rush out, for seller feedback is very important but for buyer he will get positive so he don't care, feedback is opinion of buyer but not in all cases, ebay has to do alot of homework to fix the issues what the other member start thread about.

Message 11 of 52
latest reply

Buyers who do not try to contact you when they are not satisfied with purchase item, have no right to give unfair negative feedback unless they first contact seller and at least try to resolve issue.

When a buyer is unhappy because he did not receive what was promised, he has already

• lost the time it took to find the item
  • lost the time it took to order it
  • lost the time it took to receive it
  • lost the use of his money in the meantime
  • lost the opportunity to buy other listings from other sellers

Some buyers just want to want other buyers and move on and don't want to invest more time an energy into a failed transaction.

I have had a few situations where the buyer didn’t have the courtesy to try to resolve issue, never stating any problems, just giving negative feedback, and refusing to withdraw feedback. When contacting EBay, they acknowledge your reporting, but refuse to let you know what they have done to resolve issue.

Buyers are not required to invest additional time and energy dealing with non-performing sellers, are not required to withdraw feedback, and are permitted to leave negatives. eBay didn't resolve your issue because there was no issue to resolve.

What kind of policy is this, after all I thought EBay was a fair place to sell , but not anymore!

eBay has never been a fair place to sell. Ever. If that was your impression, you were hopelessly misinformed.

Message 12 of 52
latest reply

i agree with you, buyer has to contact the seller before leaving feedback because feedback is what buyer experience about transaction or item, so seller should be given always a chance to make it right for buyer if buyer is right, in some cases scammers or competitors come and leave you negative feedback to upset your motivation, so do not give up, i had almost 26 negative feedback but i fought for it when i am on my right and get it removed.
here is tip :
No matter what, always being professional with buyer, always first try communicate with buyer to solve the issue but if buyer refuse to get resolution from you then call cs then you no need waste your time with such dumb buyers, and ebay see communication between buyer and seller, some decisions are based on situations and like your above scenario i personally think that feedback can be removed if buyer is not trying to cooperate you, you can also appeal the case by saying you have offered replacement or refund if you did already, and tell cs that after all offering buyer refused to withdraw so that means he is competitor not a buyer and he is trying to do bad stuff.
usually buyers when get some offer from seller to solve the issue they accept it . if you no get resolution from one cs , call again and talk to different cs again,some cs Representative only follow policy lines, but some have ability to see in depth.
Do not give up! scammer and bad buyers and bad sellers deserve to be out from this platform.
Message 13 of 52
latest reply

you represent only one side of this topic, other side is there are also bad buyers and scammers, and the current policies has some loop holes which allow scammers or bad buyers or competitors to take advantage. your explanation is good for good buyers, but not all buyers are good. same not all sellers are good, so the check and balance policies need alot of improvement, i have so many returns mostly buyers like to tricked me by selecting any reason but when time frame passed they do not return the product and case close in my favor, so when this happen a lot its mean scammers and bad buyers are abusing the policies and increasing so fastly.
Message 14 of 52
latest reply

If buyers request a return and then decide not to return something, how does this mean bad buyers and scammers are misusing the policies? You even said the case was closed in your favor.

If they filed SNAD and sent you back a rock, that would be abusing the policy. Deciding not to go through the hassle of returning is NOT a scam.

Things are fair. The same rules apply to most sellers. The same rules apply to most buyers. They do not get the same rules because one group is considered more professional and one group is customers. This has not been a peer to peer site for over a decade. Sellers like the sales that go along with there being a professional site yet some don't want to be professional.

Message 15 of 52
latest reply