cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unfair eBay Decision to Seller

Bought and used the new shipping/tracking label from eBay and payed the USPS/eBay calculated price for it. The post office at destination asked for 40 cents more from the buyer.

When I was told by the irate customer I offered to refund the difference of the 40 cents.

Buyer responds with NO but wants "pay for my time to run home to get the money.

Also, pay for my car, the gas to the post office - my time waiting AND the 40 cents.

Then gives me nasty negative feedback. Cost me higher eBay fees, knocks my rating down.

All this from using the eBay tracking label. This label was inaccurately calculated

I write to eBay and they side with the buyer and will not remove feedback and what goes with it.

After being with eBay for more than 20 years  I've had it and I have decided to wind down my shop and my purchases with eBay.  They can be so unfair.

Message 1 of 51
latest reply
50 REPLIES 50

The buyer is not just annoyed about the 40 cents.

Everything you have listed is likely to have understated the cost of shipping, could have postage due and inconvenience a buyer.

You have made it clear that you are not aware of the restrictions on the packaging for the postage you are using.

You have probably inconvenienced other buyers or cheated the post office.

How should the buyer have reacted to what he would assume to be a pattern of inconveniencing buyers?

His request to be paid for his time and gas was probably an attempt to make clear that you have been an inconsiderate seller. His FB is valid.

Message 31 of 51
latest reply

Yes, maybe you made a mistake with shipping, but I think the feedback you left for your idiot buyer was spot on, no matter if all the morality police are telling you otherwise.  Nobody deserves running into ignorant scamming buyers like you ran into over 40 cents. 

Message 32 of 51
latest reply

@adkhighker wrote:

Yes, maybe you made a mistake with shipping, but I think the feedback you left for your idiot buyer was spot on, no matter if all the morality police are telling you otherwise.  Nobody deserves running into ignorant scamming buyers like you ran into over 40 cents. 

How is the buyer scamming? They were charged money to be able to pick up their package due to the SELLER'S error in shipping an item via a shipping method that it did not qualify for.

OP's items are non-machinable and thus CANNOT be shipped via ESE, as anything shipped that way needs to be machinable. This is 100% on the OP.

Message 33 of 51
latest reply

"How is the buyer scamming?"

I guess you missed the part where where the buyer insisted that the OP pay for their car, the gas to the PO, and for their time to go there and back....all over a 40 cent issue. Maybe it sounds like an honest buyer to you but to me it has scammer written all over it. Scammer, dishonest predator as well.

Message 34 of 51
latest reply

@adkhighker wrote:

I guess you missed the part where where the buyer insisted that the OP pay for their car, the gas to the PO, and for their time to go there and back....all over a 40 cent issue. Maybe it sounds like an honest buyer to you but to me it has scammer written all over it. Scammer, dishonest predator as well.

So this buyer is a scammer and would have tried some other scam if his package did not have 40 cents due?

My opinion is that he is not a scammer, but a P'd off buyer.

Papa Was A Rolling Stone - The Temptations
Message 35 of 51
latest reply

I labeled the buyer as a scammer for trying to do ONLY what he tried to do to the OP.  I never mentioned anything about the buyer trying some other scam if his package didn't have 40 cents due, but nice try at putting your words into my mouth. 

Message 36 of 51
latest reply

@adkhighker wrote:

I labeled the buyer as a scammer for trying to do ONLY what he tried to do to the OP.  I never mentioned anything about the buyer trying some other scam if his package didn't have 40 cents due, but nice try at putting your words into my mouth. 

Fair enough.

Keep in mind, he wouldn't have said  what he did if the package didn't have 40 cents postage due.

Papa Was A Rolling Stone - The Temptations
Message 37 of 51
latest reply

Only forty cents?  Fedex has  hit some sellers up for over a thousand dollars.   They have gone soft.

Message 38 of 51
latest reply

@adkhighker wrote:

Sounds perfectly fair to me, honestly. The SELLER inconvenienced the buyer, who was expecting to simply receive the item they ordered (and paid the shipping for) with no ado.

Message 39 of 51
latest reply

You honestly think it's "perfectly fair" for a buyer to demand what he did of the OP?  I can understand any buyer being inconvenienced over having to go to the PO to pick up his package because of a 40 cent issue, one that was not even done on purpose by the seller.  But for anyone to think it's perfectly fair for the buyer to insist that the OP also pays in his words "for my car, the gas to the post office - my time waiting" is puzzling at the very least.

Message 40 of 51
latest reply

@adkhighker 

". . .one that was not even done on purpose by the seller."

Except that it WAS done on purpose by the seller -- by deliberately shipping a roach clip using the eBay Standard Envelope (ESE) -- the seller purposefully shipped an item that is NOT qualified under the rules for the ESE, to avoid shipping at the correct (and higher) USPS Ground Advantage rates.

Message 41 of 51
latest reply

So you're saying the OP didn't make an honest mistake on the shipping end of it, but that he tried to chisel the buyer out of 40 cents? 

Message 42 of 51
latest reply

@adkhighker wrote:

You honestly think it's "perfectly fair" for a buyer to demand what he did of the OP?  I can understand any buyer being inconvenienced over having to go to the PO to pick up his package because of a 40 cent issue, one that was not even done on purpose by the seller.  But for anyone to think it's perfectly fair for the buyer to insist that the OP also pays in his words "for my car, the gas to the post office - my time waiting" is puzzling at the very least.

Do you think it's fair that the buyer had to pay to pick up an item that had free shipping?
If the seller wasn't trying to be cheap, they would have paid the correct postage and there wouldn't have been a problem.

Yes, it was done on purpose.

The seller needs to use the correct shipping service.

Have a great day
Message 43 of 51
latest reply

Do you think it's fair that the buyer had to pay to pick up an item that had free shipping?

Comparing what's fair, when it comes to what the OP did to the buyer as compared to the demands that the buyer made to  the OP is like comparing apples to oranges.

Message 44 of 51
latest reply

Not sure where anyone is getting the ESE usage from.  Did I miss somewhere along the way where seller states ESE usage ?

That buyer could have just picked that item up next trip when they had 40 cents.  USPS would hold the item for them. If I had been there, I would have given the 40 cents to the buyer. 

They were likely more stressed about not being able to use the purchase on the trip home.

Message 45 of 51
latest reply