cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unfair eBay Decision to Seller

Bought and used the new shipping/tracking label from eBay and payed the USPS/eBay calculated price for it. The post office at destination asked for 40 cents more from the buyer.

When I was told by the irate customer I offered to refund the difference of the 40 cents.

Buyer responds with NO but wants "pay for my time to run home to get the money.

Also, pay for my car, the gas to the post office - my time waiting AND the 40 cents.

Then gives me nasty negative feedback. Cost me higher eBay fees, knocks my rating down.

All this from using the eBay tracking label. This label was inaccurately calculated

I write to eBay and they side with the buyer and will not remove feedback and what goes with it.

After being with eBay for more than 20 years  I've had it and I have decided to wind down my shop and my purchases with eBay.  They can be so unfair.

Message 1 of 51
latest reply
50 REPLIES 50

@buyselljack2016 wrote:

Not sure where anyone is getting the ESE usage from.  Did I miss somewhere along the way where seller states ESE usage ?

OP's own words: "Bought and used the new shipping/tracking label from eBay and payed the USPS/eBay calculated price for it."

The only "new shipping/tracking label" is ESE.

Message 46 of 51
latest reply

@zobal99 wrote:

Bought and used the new shipping/tracking label from eBay and payed the USPS/eBay calculated price for it. The post office at destination asked for 40 cents more from the buyer.

When I was told by the irate customer I offered to refund the difference of the 40 cents.

Buyer responds with NO but wants "pay for my time to run home to get the money.

Also, pay for my car, the gas to the post office - my time waiting AND the 40 cents.

Then gives me nasty negative feedback. Cost me higher eBay fees, knocks my rating down.

All this from using the eBay tracking label. This label was inaccurately calculated

I write to eBay and they side with the buyer and will not remove feedback and what goes with it.

After being with eBay for more than 20 years  I've had it and I have decided to wind down my shop and my purchases with eBay.  They can be so unfair.

If you used an eBay label, you should get charged by USPS directly if it's short paid. I've gotten notifications from Paypal (how I pay for my labels) and they tell me they've charged or refunded $1 because the weight is over or under what I thought when they check.

Your buyer sounds like someone I'm related to that sends messages like that to sellers asking to be reimbursed for her time spent on a silly little problem.

C.

Message 47 of 51
latest reply

@toomuchstuffagain35 wrote:

Yeah, the nasty comments from others were uncalled for, from both posters AND the buyer.

A .40 overage, and buyer was charged? Pretty sure that sounds like a postal worker not understanding the ebay Standard Envelope, OR possibly, the OP used a rigid top loader or something to cause it to be non machinable.

If I was @zobal99 I'd be refunding the buyer the .40 and not a penny more. Not sure though if ebay allows you to refund less than a dollar, so there's that as well. (Even though they're happy to remit a less than dollar payout for some reason).

You can refund less than a dollar. I've refunded 75 cents when combining shipping on a couple of postcards (where there isn't much shipping in the first place, but I refund a little bit).

C.

Message 48 of 51
latest reply

A roach clip shipped in a ESE?

Hmmmmmmm.

Papa Was A Rolling Stone - The Temptations
Message 49 of 51
latest reply

@inhawaii wrote:

A roach clip shipped in a ESE?

Hmmmmmmm.

Mmm... Hmm... FB shows a clear "Alrightttyyy then."

Message 50 of 51
latest reply

@adkhighker 

"So you're saying the OP didn't make an honest mistake on the shipping end of it, but that he tried to chisel the buyer out of 40 cents? "

No.

What I'm saying is that the OP "didn't make an honest mistake on the shipping end of it," but that the OP deliberately side-stepped the ESE rules by shipping an item that clearly doesn't qualify for the ESE.

And the OP's intent wasn't to chisel the buyer.

The OP's intent was to chisel USPS out of 40 cents, which the OP could have paid up front by paying the non-machinable envelope charge.

That's what I'm saying.

Message 51 of 51
latest reply