cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unfair: He buys, unhappy, returns, opens case, gets refunded w/ return back postage...

He’s a serial negative giver..  eBay should have a metric about these dissatisfied buyers.  

Why is he still allowed to leave me feedback?  He Hasn’t done so yet but why can he still have the open option to leave feedback on no complete sale?

It’s unfair. Something doesn’t make sense.

No transaction.  I made no sale.  Returned $1341.

When you see his feedback left for others, you are mighty afraid & as the seller you have no power even when he says item not as described over and over again to many sellers and in my case, it was exactly as described, and pictured.

I said I’d take it back and refund him way before he opens the eBay case against me.

He should not be allowed to leave me any feedback.......

A non-buyer, returner should not be allowed to leave feedback on a non-transaction.

& I am mighty afraid of these serial negative unhappy vindictive buyers.

He can leave me a negative and I and other sellers can only leave him a positive?

Bad deal EBay!

Message 1 of 22
latest reply
21 REPLIES 21

Re: Unfair: He buys, unhappy, returns, opens case, gets refunded w/ return back postage...

Your right it is unfair.  But dont let it get ya down feedback really dont count anymore so its not the end of the world.  We have to bounce back from them all the time.  You can call and there is a chance they will remove it for you.  Best regards

Message 2 of 22
latest reply

Re: Unfair: He buys, unhappy, returns, opens case, gets refunded w/ return back postage...

The moment he won or bought the item, it became a transaction.
Message 3 of 22
latest reply

The moment he returns item, is refunded 100% it no longer is a transaction & it is not a sale.

It once upon a Time was a sale but not forever and after.

The sale was cancelled, deleted.

I have no money from selling an item.  It’s clearly not a sale.

Yet he still has the ability to leave a negative or a positive and I as the seller can only leave him a positive!

Unfair!  No good practice which should be changed.

Message 4 of 22
latest reply

@jewelbiz wrote:

He’s a serial negative giver..  eBay should have a metric about these dissatisfied buyers.  

Why is he still allowed to leave me feedback?  He Hasn’t done so yet but why can he still have the open option to leave feedback on no complete sale?

It’s unfair. Something doesn’t make sense.

No transaction.  I made no sale.  Returned $1341.

When you see his feedback left for others, you are mighty afraid & as the seller you have no power even when he says item not as described over and over again to many sellers and in my case, it was exactly as described, and pictured.

I said I’d take it back and refund him way before he opens the eBay case against me.

He should not be allowed to leave me any feedback.......

A non-buyer, returner should not be allowed to leave feedback on a non-transaction.

& I am mighty afraid of these serial negative unhappy vindictive buyers.

He can leave me a negative and I and other sellers can only leave him a positive?

Bad deal EBay!

EBay keeps saying they are getting stricter on this type of seller. But past sellers who we seen act like this are still selling on eBay.

Crazy story....

One seller purchased some engine mounts for his vehicle from us then uploaded pictures, strangely he decided to take the pictures of himself opening our package, on his bathroom floor?? Which, btw, was a pretty dirty bathroom. And he claimed the box (a large USPS flat rate box) was empty inside... yet he took out the shipping paper we had wrapped tightly around the mounts we sent, and the paper was still folded up tightly in the shape of the mounts.

Our customer service attempts to help him out, and asks if he could send us a picture of the box in the condition he received it, and the shipping label on the box for us so we can inquire with USPS.

The shipping box is actually in perfect condition? But he did not send the pictures of the label. So we requested again.

He responds and says he's driving to shop and will send the pic once he gets to his shop. We didn't think too much of that comment at the time, to notice the strangeness of it.

Then a few mins later we receive a picture. This time, the picture was taken in the back seat of a car??? 

If you received an empty box in the mail, why on earth would you bring this empty box in the back seat of your car as you drive to your shop??? It makes no sense. 

But then we noticed, he was generous enough to take a few more pictures of the box from different angles as well. We could see around his shop, and we see the vehicle the mounts are for in the background of the picture. And based on the upholstry, we can see the vehicle the mounts are for, are the vehicle he put the "empty box" in to, to take the pictures. 

At this point, it was pretty obvious what was going on. It really stings to know that as he is giving these claims to eBay, at this exact moment, he is installing our mounts in to that vehicle...

If the box was really empty, why would he have taken it to his shop with him, and stashed it in the back of the car the mounts are for??? As if it's normal procedure to bring empty boxes around with you???

We aren't sure what to do about this guy at this point. And then he nicely leaves us some negative feedback. Stating that we "cheaped out on shipping and he never received his parts"??? It was his own choice to choose free USPS shipping! We offered other shipping methods, how could we be held responsible??? 

So I look at his feedback history. I notice a pattern of this. He does this to MANY sellers. On the first page of feedback alone, I counted 7! I keep counting through... more than 15 times I've counted up to. Then I go to the next page... and I see another feedback. But I notice something strange - This negative feedback was feedback for US!!! This guy did the same thing to us in the past!!! Apparently, we forgot to blacklist the guy last time, and he did it to us again!

We call eBay regarding all this, and we're told "Maybe he has problems at his local USPS in a bad area". I say this does not make any sense... if his local USPS causes such issues, to where it has happened DOZENS of times, it should be his own responsibility to choose a shipping method that does not lose items! 

Furthermore, his comments in his negative feedback should not be allowed. It's not US who cheaped out on shipping. It is HIM who cheaped out on shipping, especailly if he is aware that his "post office is delivering empty packages weekly". 

In the end, nothing we said really mattered. The buyer was completely protected. Nothing we said would help our case. 

This buyer is still buying on eBay today.

I will believe eBay is actually cracking down on malicious buyers, when I see that this buyer is no longer allowed to purchase on eBay. Until then, I don't believe they are cracking down at all. This guy was easily the most abusive seller I seen in terms of sheer bulk of negatives, and it's extremely obvious from feedback alone that HE is a problem.

Message 5 of 22
latest reply

Always been pretty sure E Bay do not care about sellers, we deal with daily abusive buyers, Buyers who steal repeatedly from sellers, lying with SNAD'S, well overnight i got my first Negative in over a year, Buyer is in tears over how abusive i was, Really !! Well this is just plain ridiculous, he claims in a return the levi jeans are fake, no problem common occurance heard it all before, what i always do is upload all my Levi store purchase receipts to any case where this stunt is pulled to assure them what they have is real, clearly showing Store address, date, items purchased with MPN concurrent with listings on sale now, I then go the extra mile and contact Levi Customer service with the reason they claim fake and have it explained for them, all this is visable for all to see, i decline the return as he files fake but explain more than happy to accept the return but postage is his responsibility, I call E Bay explain thouroghly what is going on, he is abusing the return process by claiming fake, they accept my items are real and where they are purchased from, they accept Levi's explanation, they know the buyer is incorrect but still insist i accept the return as it is, I bite the bullet on that but what about the feedback, Totally lied and has made a false statement, E bay acknowledge this but will not remove it, are you kidding me ?this buyer if you could read the messages has a toilet for a mouth, yet he claims he was in tears, absolute **bleep**, so basically whatever happens you are fighting a losing battle, seriously thinking of selling of what remains then i'm done, don't need or want it, I could tell you a lot more about this buyer who also sells but i think you get the picture, jeans didn't fit that's it, nothing more, I trust intelligent buyers to see his comment for what it is, Retaliation.

Message 6 of 22
latest reply

Contrary to popular belief most buyers are not on Ebay to jump through hoops, endure drama and run a gauntlet only to get their own money back.

If they returned, it was likely a disappointing transaction for them. They went through a bunch of stuff for nothing. Of course they should have the right to leave feedback.

Message 7 of 22
latest reply

If he leaves you a negative you can try reporting him as a serial negger. Also put him on that list that stops him from coming back.

Message 8 of 22
latest reply

"We aren't sure what to do about this guy at this point. And then he nicely leaves us some negative feedback. Stating that we "cheaped out on shipping and he never received his parts"??? It was his own choice to choose free USPS shipping! We offered other shipping methods, how could we be held responsible???"

------------------

If he said he got an empty package, make an insurance claim with the USPS.

And also, the lost mail / rifling report, or whatever they call it now.

Lynn

Lynn

You love me for everything you hate me for

Message 9 of 22
latest reply

If you make a reservation at a hotel and when you get there instead of a room you get a refund of your money, are you all warm and fuzzy inside? Did they treat you right? They send you off to find a last minute replacement and hope they can get even a decent deal?

I obviously don't want my money, I want the item I bought. If all I wanted was my money I would have never bought from you and I'd sit that stack of 20s on my coffee table and stare at that instead?

"Believe in something, even if it means sacrificing everything" Colin Kaepernick the new face of NIKE
Message 10 of 22
latest reply

@jewelbiz wrote:

The moment he returns item, is refunded 100% it no longer is a transaction & it is not a sale.

It once upon a Time was a sale but not forever and after.

The sale was cancelled, deleted.

I have no money from selling an item.  It’s clearly not a sale.

Yet he still has the ability to leave a negative or a positive and I as the seller can only leave him a positive!

Unfair!  No good practice which should be changed.

So you think that the buyer should be happy with their refund and just go away?

Honestly, this type of attitude is why I buy less and less here these days. 

Sellers accuse every buyer who wants a return of being a scammer and and expect glowing feedback rather than owning up to their mistakes.

Message 11 of 22
latest reply

I also had an international buyer last year with 82 INR Negative Feedback out of the last 100, She got mine i made sure of that,82 out of the last 100 items not received ?? still here today, still filing INR Daily, still being allowed to do it.

WHAT IS GOING ON ??

Message 12 of 22
latest reply

Sir,

I haven’t had a return in almost a decade selling here 20+ years.

The buyer in question in this instance is always leaving negatives, neutrals 

and even his positive feedback is coming to him negative with major problems.

Message 13 of 22
latest reply

@jewelbiz wrote:

LOL.

Message 14 of 22
latest reply

@jewelbiz wrote:

Sir,

I haven’t had a return in almost a decade selling here 20+ years.

The buyer in question in this instance is always leaving negatives, neutrals 

and even his positive feedback is coming to him negative with major problems.

So this wasn't a return?  You got paid and just refunded?  That really won't make your argument look good nor does it mean there was no transaction.  Even if it was a return, it was a transaction.  You can't unring that bell with a refund.

Message 15 of 22
latest reply