cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to list laptop because eBay thinks it's an accessory.

When trying to list a laptop, I keep getting this error: 

"It looks like you're listing an accessory for a laptop. Accessories for laptops, including bundles that only include accessories, should be listed in one of the Computers/Tablets & Networking>Laptop & Desktop Accessories categories.

If you're listing a laptop that's bundled with accessories, please add the word “bundle” to your title. Don't add any accessories to your title if those items are typically included with a laptop. For example, since laptops usually come with a battery, don't add "battery" to your title, unless you have bundled an additional item. If you’re selling an item that is for parts, please select the “For Parts or Not working” item condition.

To complete your listing, please edit your category, or title."

I really wish eBay would turn stuff like this off and stop trying to "help" sellers when in reality you are pushing sellers to other platforms because you're making it impossible to do business here when you can't even do the basics like submit a listing. 

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Re: Unable to list laptop because eBay thinks it's an accessory.

@newlifece wrote:

When trying to list a laptop, I keep getting this error: 

"It looks like you're listing an accessory for a laptop. Accessories for laptops, including bundles that only include accessories, should be listed in one of the Computers/Tablets & Networking>Laptop & Desktop Accessories categories.

If you're listing a laptop that's bundled with accessories, please add the word “bundle” to your title. Don't add any accessories to your title if those items are typically included with a laptop. For example, since laptops usually come with a battery, don't add "battery" to your title, unless you have bundled an additional item. If you’re selling an item that is for parts, please select the “For Parts or Not working” item condition.

To complete your listing, please edit your category, or title."

What's the exact wording of the title you're trying to use? (and what exactly is the item you're listing?)

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

What category were you trying to list it under? Did you have battery in the title or the description? 

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

This has to do with how you word your title.  I have ran into this in the past, just had to change the wording or remove/add words to fix it.

Gator08041971  •  Volunteer Community Mentor 2024
Member of eBay since 2000

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

SAME issue on my side. Tried to list a video projector, that came with its remote. eBay flagged me for trying to sell an accessory in the wrong category. Then tried to sell a smart watch, that comes with its charging dock, and same red flag again from eBay.

It's VERY important to note in the tittle that an item comes with its charging dock, power block, remote...etc because often those normally included accessories are missing on some listings. So, people will look for a listing that state the item is indeed complete. But since a few weeks now, eBay flag those wrongly.

I even spent an hour on eBay support chat about the issue. They pass me through 5 different reps as well, and nobody has a clue how to fix this, while ALL of them acknowledged that this should not happen to begin with.

Message 5 of 5
latest reply