cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USPS scans Out For Delivery then Your Package Delivery Has Been Delayed (anyone seen this before)

Sent item to buyer via USPS Priority Mail.  USPS tracking scans show normal activity: Arrival At Unit then Out For Delivery, but then Your Package Delivery Has Been Delayed.  This is a new one for me as I have never seen this particular scan before.  Has anyone had any first hand experience with a package being scanned Out For Delivery then a little while later scanned Your Package Delivery Has Been Delayed.  It has been a few days since this last scan with no new updates.  I'm getting worried as I did a search on the internet about this scan and from the other posts it doesn't look very good.

Message 1 of 17
latest reply
16 REPLIES 16

Re: USPS scans Out For Delivery then Your Package Delivery Has Been Delayed (anyone seen this before

This is the new way they cover their behinds when the carrier forgets to scan at delivery. It has replaced the old "Delivery Status Not Updated" that used to show when they didn't scan. I have about 50 so far since they started, but most of them have received feedback so it's just laziness on the PO part. Just waiting for scammers to realize thisis a freebie goldmine waiting to happen because the PO won't help and eBay CERTAINLY won't help should someone file an INR

Message 16 of 17
latest reply

Re: USPS scans Out For Delivery then Your Package Delivery Has Been Delayed (anyone seen this before

@castlemagicmemories wrote:

I thought you were in Hawaii!

Rocky Mountain High!

WAIT JUST A MINUTE! Are you telling me that you aren't in a magic castle right now? OMG the horror! scream I was picturing Rapenzel wrapping items and setting them on the window sill, and tiny blue birds with ribbons in the beaks came to pick up the package and deliver them to the recipient.... O wait, RMH, that was just a drone. Smiley LOL

Message 17 of 17
latest reply