cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USPS package dropped off and 4 hours later "delivered, individual picked up" but buyer is in Hawaii.

Hello- I dropped off an item in the secure USPS drawer today at 11:30. Buyer lives in Hawaii.  At 4:30, tracking states "delivered individual picked up".... help.... USPS is currently closed....

Message 1 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

Re: USPS package dropped off and 4 hours later "delivered, individual picked up" but buyer

The USPS had their scanner set to delivered instead of accepted when they scanned it. Contact your buyer and let them know not to be concerned about it as they probably got- or will get- a notification from eBay that the item was delivered.

Message 2 of 9
latest reply

Re: USPS package dropped off and 4 hours later "delivered, individual picked up" but buyer

Carrier mis-scan

The tracking on USPS will correct itself as the package travels along, but it will not correct itself on Ebay (unless something has changed).

The easier you are to offend the easier you are to control.

We seem to be getting closer and closer to a situation where nobody is responsible for what they did but we are all responsible for what somebody else did. - Thomas Sowell
Message 3 of 9
latest reply

Ohhhh... thank you sooo much!! Last thing I need is another ding.
Message 4 of 9
latest reply

Thank you!!
Message 5 of 9
latest reply

Coffeebean832 is right; USPS scanned your package as "delivered" instead of "accepted". Unfortunately, there will now be no more online tracking beyond that. I also just let the customer know USPS made a mistake, but not to worry because it is on the way, and expected to arrived as scheduled. I just had this happen this past week, and not for the first time. My customer panicked right off the bat, but calmed down with an explanation. Just a bit of a bother (for both buyer & seller), especially since we pay for that tracking. 

*IN the time it took me to type my answer, 3 other people managed to get ahead of me..LOL. I really  need to work on my typing skills..;) . Sorry for the mis-spelled handle coffeebean*

Message 6 of 9
latest reply

I didn't know it would correct itself with USPS; I will have to check and see for my last order. That is helpful to know. I wonder why Ebay (tracking) cannot update it as well? It would seem to be a worthwhile change,  but we are talking about Ebay here, so ...well, you know.

Message 7 of 9
latest reply

Thank you all soooo much!! I panicked... it’s a mild form of eBay PTSD- everyday its another issue... I’d be lost without all of your help!!
Message 8 of 9
latest reply

They probably used a priority drone to transport buyer from home to post office

Message 9 of 9
latest reply