cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USPS has messed up the shipment of a package and I have no idea what to do!!

Hope someone here can help with this.  My stress level is through the roof.  I sent out a Buyer's items on Nov. 14/17, with guaranteed 4-7 day delivery.  I checked the address on eBay & PayPal...they matched.  I've been following the tracking progress, as the Buyer wanted her package by the 25th of Nov.  It was going to Winston Salem, NC, and arrived in Greensboro NC on Nov. 19th.  For some reason the tracking shows that the package was re-routed to a "new address" and ended up in Walnut Cove, NC, then was sent back to Greensboro.  I have no idea what is going on!!  I sent a message via eBay to the Buyer to alert her and to contact me, hoping she could shed some light on the "new address" info.  She contacted me and it appears she is now **bleep** off...rightfully so.  I have NO IDEA what I am supposed to do now, as the package is bouncing back and forth between two postal stations, which makes no sense, and not being delivered to the Buyer.  Here is the tracking info off the USPS site:

November 23, 2017, 9:43 pm 
Arrived at USPS Regional Facility 
GREENSBORO NC DISTRIBUTION CENTER  
Your item arrived at our USPS facility in GREENSBORO NC DISTRIBUTION CENTER on November 23, 2017 at 9:43 pm. The item is currently in transit to the destination. 

November 23, 2017, 5:19 pm 
Departed USPS Regional Facility 
GREENSBORO NC NETWORK DISTRIBUTION CENTER  

November 23, 2017, 9:16 am 
In Transit to Destination 

November 22, 2017, 9:42 am 
Forwarded 
WALNUT COVE, NC  

November 21, 2017, 6:55 am 
Arrived at Unit 
WALNUT COVE, NC 27052  

November 20, 2017, 9:22 am 

November 19, 2017, 8:22 pm 
Arrived at USPS Regional Destination Facility 
GREENSBORO NC NETWORK DISTRIBUTION CENTER  

November 19, 2017, 9:35 am 

November 18, 2017, 9:35 am 

November 17, 2017, 9:35 am 

November 16, 2017, 9:35 pm 
Arrived at USPS Regional Facility 
CHICAGO IL INTERNATIONAL DISTRIBUTION CENTER  

So basically, the package is in the right state, but not getting to the right address.  The post office I use always checks the delivery addresses while processing the packages to make sure they are legit.  I now have to deal with an increasing upset Buyer, and a package that is in limbo.  Any suggestions would be helpful.  Thank you!!

Message 1 of 49
latest reply
48 REPLIES 48

@pjcdn2005

I had some help tweaking it this weekend.  My niece, a wise Millenial, who sells on .com and also separately on .ca,  pointed out the differences to me, and helped me sort some things out.  There are definitely significant differences between the two sites from an operating standpoint.  The change to Standard Shipping outside the US certainly extended the time which helps enormously.

It was the shipping within Canada not showing up that was most vexing.   But she did exactly what you described with the drop down on the international section, choosing flat rate, then Canada, in addition to the US.  Problem solved.  And you're right about no delivery time estimate given.  She has it on her .ca site though.

Personally I don't think my rates or prices are going to appeal to Canadians who will be shown the conversions if they use the .ca site for browsing.  It always looks better in USD.  I know some Canucks who have postal boxes just across the border in Buffalo or Detroit where they have items sent to save money, but they live and die by eBay shopping as re-sellers,  so it's worth their while.

Message 46 of 49
latest reply

did this ever get delivered? my item is in the same situation

Message 47 of 49
latest reply

This thread is from 2017. Any information it contains is probably out dated. 

Message 48 of 49
latest reply

Hi everyone,

Due to the length of time that has passed since this thread began, we have locked it from future replies. If this is still an issue that warrants discussion, don't hesitate to begin a new thread here.

Thanks.

Message 49 of 49
latest reply