cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[UPDATE] BUYER SAYS I SENT EMPTY BOX FOR 800$ ITEM

3/13 - 0 feedback buyer newly created account filed dispute with paypal saying I shipped empty box to them

- tracking confirmed delivered and signed for

3/13 - I respond to the case saying the item was delivered and signed for and that this buyer is fraudulent

(there's nothing I can say to really prove myself in a situation like this)

3/13 paypal says they will email me if they need any more information from me (they never emailed asking for anything)

-for the record I am a top rated seller with 0 negative, hundreds of thousands in sales, and not a single previous claim of empty box shipped, and the buyer is 0 feedback with their account created in the last month.

3/21 paypal sides with the buyer

all he wrote was 2 sentences and got a 800$ refund, ebay could not make fraud any easier.  Now all you know this is what can happen for any item at anytime, all the buyer needs is a minute of his time to open a case and wrote two sentences to get a full refund.

this is the second time I have been defrauded for 800$, seller protection does not exist 

ebay allows fraud to happen and does not care about loyal sellers

Message 1 of 104
latest reply
103 REPLIES 103

Re: [UPDATE] BUYER SAYS I SENT EMPTY BOX FOR 800$ ITEM

No more excuses, give this seller back their money. According to ebay's policies, ebay insures everything it ships using the Global Shipping Program, which means you guys are liable and need to give back the seller their money. Otherwise ebay is committing fraud. Go look at the policies for GSP, what does it say?

Let me refresh everyone's memory here, it states quote, "Ship Cover Insurance isn't available for items sent to the shipping center. If you purchase USPS insurance, it only protects you against any loss or damage to the package until it reaches the US shipping center. However, the Global Shipping Program covers international shipment of the item."

See, it clearly states they insure these items, which means ebay is committing fraud by keeping insurance funds that don't belong to them. You guys owe this seller money, no arguing there.

Message 76 of 104
latest reply

@myangelandmyprincess wrote:

@gramophone-georg wrote:

@cellit wrote:

UPDATE - I filed appeal on PayPal , I called customer support and they reopened the case for me with the main argument as: “why would GSP forward the package overseas if it was empty”?

2 days later claim denied 

So they FINALLY made you whole! EXCELLENT.

It shouldn't have been this hard. Not even close to this hard.

I'd really like to know WHY this buyer was allowed to bypass eBay and open a PayPal case in the first place. I mean, if he's in a country where there's no MBG that's no excuse. The item was purchased on eBay.com and was sent to GSP/PB in Kentucky, USA. The entire  selling point/ premise of GSP was so that sellers can sell overseas while not being subject to this exact scenario- the INRs and the customs hangers, and the buyers who demand fabricated customs values.

If sellers are going to be subject to this garbage ANYWAYS there's absolutely no point for sellers to use GSP. Absolutely NONE.

Umm to me this sounds like the op didn’t get his money back.  The appeal was denied 

It looks like the OP knows the difference between a claim and an appeal- sounds like the "buyer's" claim was denied to me!

OP?

Chaos is NOT an "industry standard".
Message 77 of 104
latest reply

@gramophone-georg wrote:

@myangelandmyprincess wrote:

@gramophone-georg wrote:

@cellit wrote:

UPDATE - I filed appeal on PayPal , I called customer support and they reopened the case for me with the main argument as: “why would GSP forward the package overseas if it was empty”?

I'd really like to know WHY this buyer was allowed to bypass eBay and open a PayPal case in the first place. I mean, if he's in a country where there's no MBG that's no excuse. The item was purchased on eBay.com and was sent to GSP/PB in Kentucky, USA. The entire  selling point/ premise of GSP was so that sellers can sell overseas while not being subject to this exact scenario- the INRs and the customs hangers, and the buyers who demand fabricated customs values.

If sellers are going to be subject to this garbage ANYWAYS there's absolutely no point for sellers to use GSP. Absolutely NONE.

Umm to me this sounds like the op didn’t get his money back.  The appeal was denied 

It looks like the OP knows the difference between a claim and an appeal- sounds like the "buyer's" claim was denied to me!

OP?

Except for an appeal to opened the buyer claim was already closed and won by the buyer.   Generally with an appeal the buyer won’t even know an appeal has been made it’s between PayPal and the seller. Only thing left to win or lose is the appeal 

“Birth certificates show that you were born. Death certificates show that you died. Photographs show that you have lived.” -Unknown
Message 78 of 104
latest reply

@gramophone-georg wrote:

@cellit wrote:

Just because the item purchased was listed on .com doesn't mean the buyer was on .com when they made the purchase. If they saw and purchased the item on another site, their only option is to file a claim through that site if there is a process to do so or to file through Paypal. They can't file a claim on .com unless they were signed into .com and made the purchase here. A buyers claim has been based on the site they made the purchase on as long as I can remember.

As I said earlier, it usually shouldn't matter where the claim was filed. I don't know why this situation was different.

Message 79 of 104
latest reply

I got the impression too that the seller's appeal was denied.

Message 80 of 104
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

@gamersbaystore wrote:

No more excuses, give this seller back their money. According to ebay's policies, ebay insures everything it ships using the Global Shipping Program, which means you guys are liable and need to give back the seller their money. Otherwise ebay is committing fraud. Go look at the policies for GSP, what does it say?

Let me refresh everyone's memory here, it states quote, "Ship Cover Insurance isn't available for items sent to the shipping center. If you purchase USPS insurance, it only protects you against any loss or damage to the package until it reaches the US shipping center. However, the Global Shipping Program covers international shipment of the item."

See, it clearly states they insure these items, which means ebay is committing fraud by keeping insurance funds that don't belong to them. You guys owe this seller money, no arguing there.

Hi @gamersbaystore, happy to clarify. Ship cover insurance would cover the item up to the point that it is delivered to the Global Shipping Program sort facility. This program is run by a third party, Pitney Bowes, that would assume responsibility for anything that happens to the package after it is received at their sort facility. Loss or damage would be covered by the Global Shipping Program when an eBay or PayPal dispute is opened.

If a seller is facing a PayPal dispute for a Global Shipping Program related issue, they should contact PayPal to discuss their concerns. PayPal is able to hold the third party shipper accountable and protect the seller in the same way that eBay is.

Message 81 of 104
latest reply

Thanks for the clarification Trinton, but the end result is that paypal is refusing to refund this seller or help in anyway. They have not received any funds back according to their statements here. The seller clearly stated that their claim was denied.

You stated "Loss or damage would be covered by the Global Shipping Program when an eBay or PayPal dispute is opened."

Then why is the seller getting the run around from both ebay and paypal? And why did paypal take the sellers funds to begin with? And why are they refusing to give them back?

Likewise, ebay's policies state quote, "If an item is lost or broken during international shipping, ebay money back guarantee cases will be resolved in your favor, and your seller performance standards won’t be affected."

The big keywords here, "Resolved in Your Favor."

Keep in mind, its not paypal that's making any guarantees here, its ebay.

This means ebay itself assumes such liability to ensure the seller is not negatively affected by lost or damaged packages. But that doesn't appear to be the case.

With all do respect, is there something you can do to help them?

Message 82 of 104
latest reply

@gamersbaystore wrote:

Thanks for the clarification Trinton, but the end result is that paypal is refusing to refund this seller or help in anyway. They have not received any funds back according to their statements here. The seller clearly stated that their claim was denied.

You stated "Loss or damage would be covered by the Global Shipping Program when an eBay or PayPal dispute is opened."

Then why is the seller getting the run around from both ebay and paypal? And why did paypal take the sellers funds to begin with? And why are they refusing to give them back?

Likewise, ebay's policies state quote, "If an item is lost or broken during international shipping, ebay money back guarantee cases will be resolved in your favor, and your seller performance standards won’t be affected."

The big keywords here, "Resolved in Your Favor."

Keep in mind, its not paypal that's making any guarantees here, its ebay.

This means ebay itself assumes such liability to ensure the seller is not negatively affected by lost or damaged packages. But that doesn't appear to be the case.

With all do respect, is there something you can do to help them?

We're actually waiting to hear back from the OP.  It's not clear if the BUYER's claim was denied after the seller appealed or if the SELLER's appeal was denied.  The OP on this has not responded to this request for clarification.

@cellit 

Message 83 of 104
latest reply

" I had a buyer get turned down buy both eBay and PayPal on a bogus claim then won through credit card chargeback."

If you won the Paypal case, the chargeback was paid by Paypal, not from your account. That is how Paypal protected you. They are the ones who ultimately got scammed. For some reason, Paypal does inform you that the buyer opened a chargeback, and you may wait up to six months for it to clear your open cases
Message 84 of 104
latest reply

The postal inspector and police all this others the doing nothing waist of time I had a issue I got scammed out of 550$ on eBay called the police the said is a Civil matter
Message 85 of 104
latest reply

Hello

I feel the pain. This is typical during the holidays for me. The thing is eBay in these case 99% of the time sides the buyer. Even with documents weight etc. I was told I sent a "empty box or I shorted them. You would think if it was an empty box, USPS would have said some to a 2 pound box.

As you stated it is so easy  to pull the wool over the eyes of paypal/ebay.

Message 86 of 104
latest reply

Why can ebay not limit new or guest buyers to a certain dollar amount until they prove they are not scammers?  Would not be hard to code.

Patd

Message 87 of 104
latest reply

They're supposed to. That's what new seller "limits" and holds are for, but they don't seem to be enforcing the system very well at all.

eta: oh - BUYER limits - yeah not likely I'm afraid

Reality is the leading cause of stress.
Message 88 of 104
latest reply

Allow it/ More like they encourage and facilitate it. Sorry this happened to you - PayPal recently cost me 158..03 - so you are not alone.

I am a founding member of the eBay Community Expert Group: a USA volunteer mentor with over a decade of experience. I am not an eBay employee.

Live simply. Care deeply. Love generously. Speak kindly. Laugh loudly. Act responsibly. Rejoice daily. Help cheerfully. Plan carefully. Criticize sparingly. Invest wisely. Forgive willingly. Shop seriously. Play fairly. Learn graciously.
Message 89 of 104
latest reply

Because all people are basically good. 

That is in ebays motto. I think that has been proven wrong multi times over. 

Dear God, please help me to be
the person my dog thinks I am.
Message 90 of 104
latest reply