cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tracked package not getting last crucial scan

I sent an item to a buyer that should have been received last Monday. And maybe it was. From the tracking history there's no way to know. I myself have recently received a couple of deliveries that didn't get that last scan proving delivery. I haven't heard from the buyer....yet. This kind of thing just bothers me. It's not a lot of money if I have to refund. But it irks me that I send a package that makes it clear across the country with scans daily....until the one that counts at my buyer's door and I can't do anything about it. Just venting a little, folks.

Message 1 of 13
latest reply
12 REPLIES 12

Re: Tracked package not getting last crucial scan

Unfortunatly, if you use USPS this kind of thing happens from time to time.  I lose about 2 to 3 a year in this exact same manner. USPS has yet to come up with an explanation.  I all likelyhood it got mis-delivered.  You will be hearing from the buyer soon enough.

Message 2 of 13
latest reply

If the USPS would start firing workers for not scanning that would help.

I just had one held at the post office for pick up and it was never scanned when the customer picked it up, the last scan was available for pickup.

Lazy and lame union postal workers know that the union has their back if they screw up and don't do their jobs.........

Message 3 of 13
latest reply

I hear you. I would contact the buyer myself BUT it's possible she has the item so that would just open an opportunity for fraud (although) I have no reason to think she's dishonest. I'm just waiting.
Message 4 of 13
latest reply

@oleander1993 wrote:
I hear you. I would contact the buyer myself BUT it's possible she has the item so that would just open an opportunity for fraud (although) I have no reason to think she's dishonest. I'm just waiting.

I would not contact the buyer.  Why put ideas where there are none.

You could call the Post Office and see what their screen shows as they tend to have more information.

In the meantime do nothing as this does seem to be happening lately.

We have been having a lot of temps since the regular Postman retired and when they are running late, they tend to skip the scanning of items.

Message 5 of 13
latest reply

With this new informed delivery that takes photos of first class mail (which I think is great) a delivery scan of a package seems simple. I am just waiting for the buyer to contact me, rather than contacting her. She may actually have the item so I don't want to stir things by asking if she got it. 

Message 6 of 13
latest reply

I usually send an email hoping they are happy with the item and please let me know if they arnt. If they havnt received it they will usually let you know at that point.
Message 7 of 13
latest reply

I think that is wise.  

Many the threads that state a seller asked a buyer if all was all right and did they get the item, only to have the buyer suddenly say they never received it.

Coincidence.  Smiley Wink

Message 8 of 13
latest reply

I'm learning that in many cases you should wait until the buyer complains about not getting it, because like I said, some of these are not getting scanned when the post office hands it to the customer, and don't beg for feedback either.

Message 9 of 13
latest reply

File a complaint with the USPS on their site - it does work; you may get a call from a US Marshall, and he did resolve the matter for me because the same thing happened to me back in '11.  When I saw on the caller id it was a US Marshall, I asked myself "what the heck did I do" LOL!  He was nice and he fixed the issue for me.

Message 10 of 13
latest reply

I thought I would update about the package. It showed up scanned in the destination city Monday 5/15, a week past when it should have been delivered, and the USPS finally shows it's 'delayed'. Really?? By 5/16 it's at another zip code in the destination city. Will it get to the buyer today? Only the shadow knows! And good advice @tonycea. I have never asked for feedback and never will. I do leave it for others 99% of the time.
Message 11 of 13
latest reply

@oleander1993 wrote:
I thought I would update about the package. It showed up scanned in the destination city Monday 5/15, a week past when it should have been delivered, and the USPS finally shows it's 'delayed'. Really?? By 5/16 it's at another zip code in the destination city. Will it get to the buyer today?

It depends on the exact wording of the latest scans you're seeing. (Feel free to post the tracking number here; you're not revealing any state secrets by doing so.)

The first scan in the destination city would be its arrival at the destination sort facility. From there it is relayed to the local post office responsible for that area (which would probably be that other ZIP code in the destination city that you mentioned). If that occurred in the early morning hours, it may make it out for delivery today. Later scans should tell you that.

Message 12 of 13
latest reply

The item was delivered today, 5/16! It took over two weeks....but at least got there.
Message 13 of 13
latest reply