cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

They're here......we now have 24 photos available in the listing gallery

ebay had announced this at ebay Open with a "November time frame"....and we now have them available in the new listing form (or at least I do....maybe this is being rolled out gradually?)

While this wasn't high on my list of changes I'd like to see, I'm still happy to see it!

Message 1 of 19
latest reply
18 REPLIES 18

That's just outstanding.   I can hardly wait to use it. 

Message 2 of 19
latest reply

Went and tried to revise a listing and 24 pics available.

Message 3 of 19
latest reply

I guess that's great news for some  ... but who needs 24 pictures for a listing?

Cannonball - Supertramp
Message 4 of 19
latest reply

I have it now too.

I would guess this is really good for collectibles.

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 5 of 19
latest reply

@inhawaii "but who needs 24 pictures for a listing?"

Perhaps it's easier to understand if you ask: who could use an extra photo or two, beyond the 12 we had been allowed?

Just within the last couple months, I've created listings where I would have been very happy to use 13 or 14 instead of 12. And , knowing this change was coming, I've held off on listing some large lots, where I will definitely benefit from having more than 12 photos....I might even end up using all 24.

The thing is, most listings will not use 24 photos. Many will still use 12 or , even more likely, less than 12. But will some of us take advantage of this change? Absolutely, and I am thankful ebay has provided it (and even more thankful that there is no extra fee for using more than 12.)

From a fee perspective, keep in mind, it isn't as if ebay is suddenly going to need to provide double the storage space for photos. Most listings will never have anything close to 24 photos.

Message 6 of 19
latest reply

Well i'm happy for you.   

It's not too often that we get MORE from ebay.   😃

Cannonball - Supertramp
Message 7 of 19
latest reply

Validation that haven’t sold much for three days because of more updates.

I wish they would update the updates to quit killing sales.

I wish the dummies would leave things alone in Q4. Hosting double the photos. That should help the inferior servers handle things better. Nobody looks at anything other than the first photo and the price. They don’t see things two photos deep let alone twenty.

For everything that happens conditions exist such that nothing else could have happened.
Message 8 of 19
latest reply

@inhawaii wrote:

I guess that's great news for some  ... but who needs 24 pictures for a listing?

95% of the time I use less than 12. Coming back into winter, right after the holidays, I'll be back to selling a lot of vintage electronics and I could always use just a few extra photos. I sometimes reach 12 and do a video just to cover some things I missed. This is welcome news, great to have them if you need them.

Message 9 of 19
latest reply

Lol. Actually working on a listing now where I need them!

Message 10 of 19
latest reply

That's great, now I don't have to count to 12 anymore now I have to go watch Seamse Street to learn how to count to 24.

Message 11 of 19
latest reply

@inhawaii wrote:

I need more than 12 on a regular basis.  Usually not as many as 24, though I could see it on a very expensive item. 

This is great news!  I'll have to see if Sixbit has caught up yet. 

This one goes to Eleven - Nigel Tufnel

Simply-the-best-for-you Volunteer Community Mentor
eBay Seller since 1996

Message 12 of 19
latest reply

@simply-the-best-for-you  SixBit has always had 24 slots, because ebay Motors (not Parts and Accessories) has long allowed 24. So, I think it should not be a problem...

Message 13 of 19
latest reply

@inhawaii wrote:

I need more than 12  much of the time. Probably not the full 24 very often if at all.  

Posting ID
Message 14 of 19
latest reply

@my-cottage-books-and-antiques wrote:

@simply-the-best-for-you  SixBit has always had 24 slots, because ebay Motors (not Parts and Accessories) has long allowed 24. So, I think it should not be a problem...

@my-cottage-books-and-antiques  Yes, what I meant is that the program has to allow it, as in not give an error message if you exceed.  I just tested it & it did NOT work with the version I'm on.   No error message, but it only uploaded 12, not the 13 I had.   

However, I am not on the most current release.  I don't have time to upgrade right now.  I'll try to do it later & report back.  

This one goes to Eleven - Nigel Tufnel

Simply-the-best-for-you Volunteer Community Mentor
eBay Seller since 1996

Message 15 of 19
latest reply