cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

They're here......we now have 24 photos available in the listing gallery

ebay had announced this at ebay Open with a "November time frame"....and we now have them available in the new listing form (or at least I do....maybe this is being rolled out gradually?)

While this wasn't high on my list of changes I'd like to see, I'm still happy to see it!

Message 1 of 19
latest reply
18 REPLIES 18

Re: They're here......we now have 24 photos available in the listing gallery

Anonymous
Not applicable

I noticed it today as well. While it will be useful for "some" listings I wonder if it will affect how our listings are seen. I know Ebay does not favor listings that have less than 8 photos, now with having 24 image slots, should we have at least 12 to be seen high in the search results?

Message 16 of 19
latest reply

@Anonymous I don't worry about the number of photos. I use what makes sense for my items. While ebay may consider photo quality and number as a factor in search placement, it's only one factor...and not a decisive one. (And I'd guess photo quality is more important than photo number.)

Message 17 of 19
latest reply

Hmmm. I list through Inkfrog. Launched an auction with 16 photos in the doll category. Buyers in that category like to see every little thing so this is a great option for me. eBay only picked up 12 of my photos for the upper left page view. Sixteen photos show up in my Inkfrog description but only the first 12 display on the eBay auction page in the upper left area. Perhaps it's an Inkfrog kink. Perhaps the doll category doesn't qualify.

Is there a list of eBay

categories out there that allow 24 photos?

Message 18 of 19
latest reply

@lcp45 

All the categories now allow 24 photos. (with maybe a few exceptions, such as real estate or whatever)

Check to see if you need to update inkfrog. I use Sixbit and had to do an update recently to get the 24 photos (haven't tried it yet)

Message 19 of 19
latest reply