cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The new Listing Tool is Gabage!

Why does ebay every year continue to re-invent the wheel and fail to listen to sellers. The new listing tool is a hot pile of trash and it should not be rolled out. What should happen is the IT Web designer should have their heads rolled for this and be canned post haste by ebay. It wasn't broken and didn't need to be fixed! The new tool takes me longer to list items now and this is not efficient ! Ebay if you can't listen to your sellers when it comes to fixing buyer fraud at least do us a solid and stop messing around with the tools we use to list items!!

Message 1 of 38
latest reply
37 REPLIES 37

Re: The new Listing Tool is Gabage!

I never really complained about those things because they didn't  impact listing items on Ebay.  The new lister is slower and more clunky to use.   

Message 31 of 38
latest reply

To be fair when it first came out months ago it was awful.  They did improve a few things like getting rid of a lot of the pop up boxes (like the one they used to have to scan in the UPC).   It is still far from being usable though..

Message 32 of 38
latest reply

Obviously nobody is happy with the new listing tools and if you believe eBay will change it.... Think twice...  Currently there are a ton of threads voicing opinions regarding the stupidity of the new listing tools and how time consuming it is  to list items.

Personally I do not and never have used eBay's listing tools.  I opted to use Turbo Lister when it was available for FREE and then they discontinued it.  Brilliant!  When Turbo Lister died I signed up for SixBit....  At that point in time they had an offer for $14.95 per month... don't know if that is still available but I am happy to pay the $14.95 per month for SixBit.

In the long run it saves you time and the stress of using eBay's NEW and IMPROVED listing tools.

Message 33 of 38
latest reply

I have tried Sixbit a few times and I just can't get into it.  I find their templates kind of clunky to use.. 

Message 34 of 38
latest reply

@powell-memorabilia wrote:

Do you recall any “the sky is falling because I’ve been moved to the seller hub” posts?  Most of us do - and the narrative was the same.  Seller hub is great - just took some getting used to for some folks.  Now, most like it more than the antiquated my eBay page.  Remember the resistance to PayPal?  To MP?  Seems like we’re all still fine.

For those of us who don't want to use the Seller Hub,  My eBay is still available.  It's my choice.  From what I've been reading, eBay is not offering that same type of choice to those who don't want to use the old listing form.

Resistance to PayPal?  Back in the day sellers liked PayPal so much that eBay was forced to buy PayPal and close down it's own Billpoint system.

An then there is MP:

Is MP as glitch free as PayPal?  No (see the Sept 18,19 failure to send out payments and seller struggles to verify bank accounts and credit cards).  Is its customer service better?  No.  Are its year-end reports better.  Not for me last January.

Alive?  Yes.  Happier about MP after 2 years on it?  No.

Message 35 of 38
latest reply

I take it you don't recall the draaaama when eBay went to Paypal only and nixed paper payments?  My gawd, I thought people were going to commit hari kari over it. 

People need to get a grip.

When you dine with leopards, it is wise to check the menu lest you find yourself as the main course.

#freedomtoread
#readbannedbooks
Message 36 of 38
latest reply

@chapeau-noir wrote:

I take it you don't recall the draaaama when eBay went to Paypal only and nixed paper payments?  My gawd, I thought people were going to commit hari kari over it. 

People need to get a grip.

Oh, yes, I remember that, although not quite to the extent you describe.

For me, the difference between those two events is a matter of degree:

When paper payments were nixed, my eBay selling buddy was already on PayPal and didn't have much to say about the change.  She already knew how to get payments via PayPal.

When she was dumped onto the new listing form a couple weeks ago my buddy was crying on the telephone.  She was afraid she would never be able to list anything again.  I tried to help her as much as I could from what I had learned reading this board.  She was in a use-this-weird-tool-or-quit situation.  It was overwhelmingly stressful.

Message 37 of 38
latest reply

And what % of eBay sellers did they poll to get that 68%? That number means nothing unless you know how many people they ask for their opinion. I can guarantee it wasn't 100% of sellers, you'd be lucky if it was 25% who were asked. 

Message 38 of 38
latest reply