cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The new Listing Tool is Gabage!

Why does ebay every year continue to re-invent the wheel and fail to listen to sellers. The new listing tool is a hot pile of trash and it should not be rolled out. What should happen is the IT Web designer should have their heads rolled for this and be canned post haste by ebay. It wasn't broken and didn't need to be fixed! The new tool takes me longer to list items now and this is not efficient ! Ebay if you can't listen to your sellers when it comes to fixing buyer fraud at least do us a solid and stop messing around with the tools we use to list items!!

Message 1 of 38
latest reply
37 REPLIES 37

68% of sellers prefer the new tool.  I suspect that the remaining 32% haven’t given it a fair shake.  Listing is easier with the new tool - if you are selling similar items and once you are used to the improved layout.

Message 2 of 38
latest reply

Can you imagine what travel would be like if someone didn’t “reinvent the wheel” every so often?

Message 3 of 38
latest reply

Sellers, eBay has come up with a new and improved listing tool for you! Time to stop complaining!

Improved eBay InterfaceImproved eBay Interface

Message 4 of 38
latest reply

@powell-memorabilia wrote:

68% of sellers prefer the new tool.  I suspect that the remaining 32% haven’t given it a fair shake.  Listing is easier with the new tool - if you are selling similar items and once you are used to the improved layout.

I find that 68% number hard to believe.  Sounds like eBay propaganda to me.  Seems to me like many of the "improvements" come from some dolt, trying to justify their job, who has never used eBay, as a seller.  JMHO

Message 5 of 38
latest reply

The current listing tool was created with the purpose of forcing just one interface that had to be compatible with the weakest link - the phone app.

Eliminating enhanced desktop eBay tools does not seem like progress.  

Message 6 of 38
latest reply

68% is as reliable as the political polls. Total garbage like the new listing tool.  There is no rationale that could explain why the new listing tool is more popular than the old desktop tool.  Similarly, I have been on ebay since 1998 and their phone up, from the point of the seller's needs is also a total garbage.

Message 7 of 38
latest reply

@powell-memorabilia wrote:

The new tool is a nightmare on a slow DSL connection (2.5 on a good day). Nothing I can do about having slow internet. It is just click here ... spin spin spin ... click there ... spin spin spin ... wait wait wait. Gosh! I still miss Turbo Lister!

I think this messy tool is just a ploy to get sellers to switch to using third party listing services and then eBay won't have to maintain a tool at all.  Or it is just job justification because that department has to keep coming up with stuff so they look busy.

Message 8 of 38
latest reply

I totally agree. It's very frustrating to use and doesn't streamline the process, but makes it slower. Many times I'll lose the font size of one line and have to go back and do it over, or the font style comes out different than what I used. Terrible "upgrade."

Message 9 of 38
latest reply

I don't trust "polls" I've never been asked and I hate it.

Message 10 of 38
latest reply

hahha 68% of sri lanka sellers maybe

Message 11 of 38
latest reply

As a seller who lists hundreds every day I really hate this new listing tool, so slow and it deletes all my specifics after I filled them all in. This listing tool feels so unfinished. It 5x my listing time, I spend enough time on eBay already I really want to touch some grass.

Message 12 of 38
latest reply

The new listing tool is thrash. It takes longer to create the listings. There are settings missing as well. Turbo lister was awesome for creating listings. Are there any good tools now that are free?

Message 13 of 38
latest reply

I agree!  Too much clutter to go through and double check to make sure what you want on the listing is on there and not missed.  Definitely takes twice as long to list.  Annoying.

Message 14 of 38
latest reply

I agree. Taking me twice as long and not having any fun!  I  like to focus on my title and description. Instead I am spending enormous amounts of time clicking endless product specific buttons that open up to more options etc. all taking up time and energy.  The shipping section is awful.   Editing pictures is awkward. Want to scream.   EBAY Listen to your sellers!!!!! Bring back the old listing tool or at least let us have a choice.  

Message 15 of 38
latest reply