cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The dreaded MC011

Hi everyone,

I used to be a seller of Pokemon cards and computer parts way back when in 2014-16 or so. I moved into real life and got a job, and stopped selling on EBay.

Fast forward 10 years and I lost my job. After this spread around, I was given the gift of a lifetime from a person I've built hundreds of computers for: he let me sell his inventory of unused parts and keep the money. The parts were worth quite a bit of money, tens of thousands of dollars, and I enthusiastically listed them all a few days back.

A few days later, some had sold, and eBay sends me a message saying my payouts are suspended. I thought it was odd, so I contacted support, and they said it was a "performance review" and would be lifted in a week or so. Today, I received a message saying to verify my bank account information. I did so, and it didn't go through; I called support, and we redid it; it seemed to go through.

A few hours later, I received the MC011 from eBay. They say "we noticed activity that we believe poses a risk to our community", and told me to upload proof of delivery for all my sold items. I haven't shipped anything just yet, but all the labels have been purchased, and everything is going to the post office on Monday. After I upload everything, does anyone have any advice on what to do? eBay is holding nearly $10k in payouts right now. If they ask me for receipts, I can provide invoices, but because my client gave them to me to sell, they will not be in my name; they will be in his. I can provide a notarized letter stating that he gave them to me, if need be. 

So what happens now? Am I just screwed? Is my money about to go into the aether, never to be seen again? So much for paying my mortgage...

Message 1 of 26
latest reply
25 REPLIES 25

The dreaded MC011

"they will not be in my name"...that's not good. "Notarized letter"...is that still done in this age?

Your funds are on hold if you didn't sell anything in a month's time...30 days usually...don't care how old your  account is or the feedback you have...just throwing that out now.

Verify bank account info....real important...they asked me for a copy of my first page account with the "bank logo" on it...bank gave to me "free" and I uploaded it to eBay in an email. Situation solved. Key word..."Bank Logo" has to be seen.

Maybe having receipts it will be OK with a different name...don't know.

You are making it complicated though...sales in your name means you will pay taxes on funds made...not anyone else...

You started out too heavy in selling...."10k"....ouch.

eBay doesn't say if your bank information goes through....you will find out if funds are released.

You have to do whatever eBay ask you to do...and wait to see when and if funds are released.

You will probably get no email "all is good". I basically looked at my account every night until I finally got "express payouts"...a big win where "available funds" are available 365 days a year after 10 PM...which is totally something else to work on if they OK to continue selling.

Message 2 of 26
latest reply

The dreaded MC011

It was probably the $1500 item that triggered the bots and those new items you had multiples of.

They perhaps think they were stolen. 

You won't get by with anything less that distributor invoicing they can verify if they chose to.

The money ~might show up in your states unclaimed property in 6 to 12 months.

Posting ID
Message 3 of 26
latest reply

The dreaded MC011

@12345jamesstamps wrote:

"they will not be in my name"...that's not good. "Notarized letter"...is that still done in this age?

Your funds are on hold if you didn't sell anything in a month's time...30 days usually...don't care how old your  account is or the feedback you have...just throwing that out now.

@12345jamesstamps 

You've made that statement before and I have told you this before: That's simply not true!

I have taken breaks many times for more than 30 days and was never subjected to holds after such a short vacation. Not to mention sellers can be active and go for longer than a month without making a sale. We hear about that all the time.

Message 4 of 26
latest reply

The dreaded MC011

Had you purchased ebay labels, the tracking would have been automatically uploaded. If not, you should have added the tracking numbers as soon as you made a label. It may be too late now.

Message 5 of 26
latest reply

The dreaded MC011

All the labels were indeed purchased through eBay.

Message 6 of 26
latest reply

The dreaded MC011

"Time Away" does not affect a 30 day hold....I don't know if you ever did "time away"....

because you are so secretive about what you sell or whatever or if you sell at all anymore.

I only need one account...

I have done weeks away on "time away" and it didn't affect my funds....and receiving funds.

Show us what you sell and when it was sold and maybe you can prove "that's simply not true!"

Some sellers have more than one account...and prefer to hide what they sell or what their feedback is...

Message 7 of 26
latest reply

The dreaded MC011

I came to the realization just now that, on the invoices for the parts from Newegg when they were new, it does list me under both bill to and ship to. I just checked this. 

Any advice on submitting these tracking numbers? Do I just wait for them to be delivered and message them with a list, or something?

Based on your replies, it sounds like I might need to get the lawyers involved, which, man... I don't want to have to do that. I really would like this to be solved amicably so I can get back to what I do.

Message 8 of 26
latest reply

The dreaded MC011

@12345jamesstamps wrote:

"Time Away" does not affect a 30 day hold....I don't know if you ever did "time away"....

because you are so secretive about what you sell or whatever or if you sell at all anymore.

I only need one account...

I have done weeks away on "time away" and it didn't affect my funds....and receiving funds.

Show us what you sell and when it was sold and maybe you can prove "that's simply not true!"

Some sellers have more than one account...and prefer to hide what they sell or what their feedback is...

Your statement was false.

I pointed it out.

Any experienced seller who visits the Community can see your statement was absolutely ridiculous.

Unless you care to provide some evidence?

Message 9 of 26
latest reply

The dreaded MC011

Please don't get into an internet fight here, guys... I really need assistance. 

Message 10 of 26
latest reply

The dreaded MC011

@thebirdman-joey wrote:

Please don't get into an internet fight here, guys... I really need assistance. 

I don't like to see anyone receiving incorrect information here. That can hinder someone's efforts.

Message 11 of 26
latest reply

The dreaded MC011

Your name on it...good.

Submit tracking numbers when requested.

It's probably just a 30 day hold.

Message 12 of 26
latest reply

The dreaded MC011

"I was given the gift of a lifetime from a person I've built hundreds of computers for: he let me sell his inventory of unused parts and keep the money. The parts were worth quite a bit of money, tens of thousands of dollars, and I enthusiastically listed them all a few days back."

Luckily you haven't shipped anything as you'll likely never see a red cent.  EBay runs a tight ship and will err on the side of righteousness even if it means squashing people's dreams.  You are skilled in building computers so should be able to find work in a snap.  

"Today, I received a message saying to verify my bank account information. I did so, and it didn't go through; I called support, and we redid it; it seemed to go through."

'Seemed to go through' is not definitive enough, it's like being sort of pregnant.  

Message 13 of 26
latest reply

The dreaded MC011

You may wish to read the user agreement that your subject to - ur fixed to binding arbitration. No court cases. All the best in getting it resolved. Just provide them each time with exactly what they request. No long winded explanations. The more you give them, the harder it is to resolve.

Message 14 of 26
latest reply

The dreaded MC011

We all give possible solutions to help on this platform...sellers and buyers can take it as advice or disregard it.

I am not asking for advice from you nor care what you say...can you just move on?

Message 15 of 26
latest reply