cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The dreaded MC011

Hi everyone,

I used to be a seller of Pokemon cards and computer parts way back when in 2014-16 or so. I moved into real life and got a job, and stopped selling on EBay.

Fast forward 10 years and I lost my job. After this spread around, I was given the gift of a lifetime from a person I've built hundreds of computers for: he let me sell his inventory of unused parts and keep the money. The parts were worth quite a bit of money, tens of thousands of dollars, and I enthusiastically listed them all a few days back.

A few days later, some had sold, and eBay sends me a message saying my payouts are suspended. I thought it was odd, so I contacted support, and they said it was a "performance review" and would be lifted in a week or so. Today, I received a message saying to verify my bank account information. I did so, and it didn't go through; I called support, and we redid it; it seemed to go through.

A few hours later, I received the MC011 from eBay. They say "we noticed activity that we believe poses a risk to our community", and told me to upload proof of delivery for all my sold items. I haven't shipped anything just yet, but all the labels have been purchased, and everything is going to the post office on Monday. After I upload everything, does anyone have any advice on what to do? eBay is holding nearly $10k in payouts right now. If they ask me for receipts, I can provide invoices, but because my client gave them to me to sell, they will not be in my name; they will be in his. I can provide a notarized letter stating that he gave them to me, if need be. 

So what happens now? Am I just screwed? Is my money about to go into the aether, never to be seen again? So much for paying my mortgage...

Message 1 of 26
latest reply
25 REPLIES 25

Re: The dreaded MC011

@thebirdman-joey 

You won't find a lawyer willing to help you sort this out after they take a look at the TOS you agreed to when you listed the items.  Now moving on....

I would definitely be submitting those invoices. 

I dont know exactly what eBay asked for or how they wanted it submitted.  

If you bought the shipping thru eBay, they have the tracking but if they asked for it again, submit it.

If you care to cut and paste the MC011 here, less any personal information,  that would be helpful for others reading your posts.

I am also sure you can Google information on MC011 and how to deal with it. Just make sure to read from plenty of internet posters before taking anything as truth.

You can also search for MC011 here and find threads as well.

Best of luck.

Posting ID
Message 16 of 26
latest reply

Sure. Here's the full text of what I got:

Capture.PNG

Message 17 of 26
latest reply

@thebirdman-joey 

Well, from reading the cut-and-paste, I don't see that they've asked for invoices, so put to rest the worries that "If they ask me for receipts, I can provide invoices..." part of the equation. It sounds like you're ready to cross that bridge if you get to it.

For now... make sure and upload all of the tracking and keep uploading whatever they ask for. Good luck and good golly...

Message 18 of 26
latest reply

True we give possible solutions, but the problem here with the one that you repeatedly post about " if you haven't sold anything in 30 + days" is just a compilation that you have developed that is not a fact. 

Message 19 of 26
latest reply

@thebirdman-joey 

I missed the part about not having shipped the items....

If it were me, I would more than likely exit stage left on this eBay idea and look for another place to sell.

I dont know what the best idea would be to deal with this but cancelling the orders and moving on might be one.

Your customers have not received anything so eBay does not owe you squat.

If you cancel with Out of Stock as the reason, eBay will charge your account the Final Value Fees. 

Cancelling as Buyer Requested or Problem with Address and eBay won't charge Final Value Fees. 

You can go into Seller Hub and void the shipping labels in the Orders tab at the bottom where you find Shipping Labels. 

I am not saying this is what you should do, just is an option, but overall it don't look good for the home team.

Whatever you do, do not leave loose ends and money owed as eBay will send it to collections, it will hit your credit score and you won't ever be able to use eBay again.

Posting ID
Message 20 of 26
latest reply

@mtgraves7984 wrote:

@thebirdman-joey 

Well, from reading the cut-and-paste, I don't see that they've asked for invoices, so put to rest the worries that "If they ask me for receipts, I can provide invoices..." part of the equation. It sounds like you're ready to cross that bridge if you get to it.

For now... make sure and upload all of the tracking and keep uploading whatever they ask for. Good luck and good golly...

Yes, as soon as they submit the tracking numbers eBay comes back with the request for invoicing.....

Posting ID
Message 21 of 26
latest reply

Well, all the items were delivered today, and I submitted the tracking information. They immediately came back with a demand for ID, proof of address, and invoices. 

We'll see how this goes; will keep you updated.

Message 22 of 26
latest reply

What information should be included in invoices? Can I use an Alibaba invoice?I purchased all the labels from ebay so tracking information is already there and I have all the receipts from the post office for shipping orders. Can I provide those to eBay?

Message 23 of 26
latest reply

I got suspension because there are number of item not received requests. I used Royal mail letter size label that cost me 0.85 pounds but they did not provide tracking and also did not update if the item is delivered or not.. and losses parcel very often 

Message 24 of 26
latest reply

@thebirdman-joey. Yes, just keep submitting everything they ask for.  Nothing more, nothing less.   Good luck.

Posting ID
Message 25 of 26
latest reply

So after digging up all that information (I had to go back many years for some of these invoices), they now want proof I paid for all this. Which I didn't; the company paid for them.

We'll try to get the documents, but I guess it's the end of the line for me. Will let you know how arbitration goes.

Thanks for your help, everyone.

Message 26 of 26
latest reply