cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The classic My eBay All Selling page was developed over 20 years ago.

Well, then, update it with the latest technology instead of forcing sellers to use the new and updated junk.

Message 1 of 36
latest reply
35 REPLIES 35

Re: The classic My eBay All Selling page was developed over 20 years ago.

i hate the new page, the classic page was so easy to get around

Message 16 of 36
latest reply

@kennys-kollectibles wrote:

They will never admit it that the people that came up with the design 20 years ago

were much better at designing internet pages than they can today. 

That is so true, just because it's old, doesn't mean it's better, just like this analogy:

Yesterday's ink free girls:

ZZZZ_46.jpg

The NEW and improved girls of TODAY:

ZZZZ_45.jpg

😎

Message 17 of 36
latest reply

@allpostersonline.com wrote:

SO WHAT? I'm not going to put up with their stupid design layout. I'm not just going to accept sit quietly and not speak up. I'm paying extremely high fees and they keep reaching deeper in OUR pockets every step. The least eBay could do is make it easier to do business with them. This new design looks worse than a AMAZON page. Frankly I'm ready to give up on eBays ability to understand their sellers needs.

If only eBay comprehended who is paying to keep their lights on, and their pig mask fund filled.

Message 18 of 36
latest reply

perhaps if some of the sellers that are complaining so much about the new seller page, had transitioned to Seller Hub a few years back when that was new, they'd not feel so "entitled" to have "the classic view".

eBay advised sellers years ago that the Seller Hub would be the way of the future for eBay sellers...

Message 19 of 36
latest reply

The problem was the lack of notification.  I shipped a package this morning with the old classic seller page and came home to see if I sold anything else and the page was gone replaced by the seller hub.  You can minimize all the worthless tabs and get to the main list of what you are selling.  If you like the classic seller page like me then just go to the Listing page and remove the top tabs by minimizing them.  It gets you as close to a classic page look as you can get right now.

Message 20 of 36
latest reply

Just stop.  No one likes them going cheap with the site.  Everything they are doing is for lining their pockets.  Up with fees, down with expenses.  It's their decision; their business & they can do as they please.  We get that.  We don't have to like it & we pay fees so we can speak our minds.  I put up with all, for now.  Once they want to force MP on me, I'm done.  Stay safe all.    🙂

Message 21 of 36
latest reply

Well, I am a tenacious old cuss, and I tried "one simple trick" that any old MacHead worth their floppies knows.

I do not use any browser but Firefox, so I don't know if this works on any other.

Use our old bookmark.  What you will find is that your OLD PAGE is STILL THERE, doing everything it used to, but only for a second, until their accursed "REDIRECT" is triggered.

To stop a program from accidently launching after you mistakenly clicked on it, you could always hit "Command period" to stop it from launching all the way.

Once you see the old page load in, give it the old "apple-period" and it will stop fully loaded and not give the redirect a chance to do its evil deed.

lol. 

Message 22 of 36
latest reply

That's like having one of your legs amputated and having a year to learn

how to walk with one leg......but newsflash....walking with two legs is easier.  

The fact is.....the new seller hub is not user friendly, and it takes more time to

do business that it did before.   I've learned it.....it simply takes longer. 

There is no short cuts.   The classic view is  a superior format.  Truth. 

Message 23 of 36
latest reply

@kennys-kollectibles wrote:
No amount of time will allow us sellers to adjust to this nightmare.  

It took me about two days. I was annoyed at first but it's actually not that hard to adapt to. Some people can, some people cannot.

Message 24 of 36
latest reply

ever read the terms of use for eBay?... because as a seller YOU do Agree to abide by that or you'd not continue to sell here...

suck it up buttercup!!

Message 25 of 36
latest reply

Whoever designed that landing page that had EVERYTHING at a glance that you could just click and go wherever your hearts desired fast and efficiently deserves a Nobel prize and THAT page needs to be up front again on the MY EBAY TAB OR SUMMARY TAB linked to everything else. 

Message 26 of 36
latest reply

OH YES!!!!!!

Message 27 of 36
latest reply

@annadryl wrote:

It took me about two days. I was annoyed at first but it's actually not that hard to adapt to. Some people can, some people cannot.

For what it's worth, my mother is 80 years old and had no problems learning how to use the Seller Hub when I showed her what to do in case something ever happened where I was unable to take care of my sales. I showed her how to print shipping labels, how to check for and respond to any messages, and how to go through and end listings in bulk. She can handle all of that just fine.

Message 28 of 36
latest reply

We all agree !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Message 29 of 36
latest reply

You see I joined long before you were even born.

I go by the agreement I had with ebay when I joined. 

fyi, I never said I can't deal with it....it's just

a huge huge hassle is all. 

It's a poorly concieved page design by someone who

doesn't understand what is needed to sell on the site. 

Anyone with common sense could start from scratch

and make up a new design that is more effective. 

Now that the selling page is so bad, now ebay

can put together a team to come up with "improvements".   

Message 30 of 36
latest reply