cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Terminating account

Hello, I have been in the process of terminating my account for the past month. When I went to close the account today, I did not see the Manage Store button on the Hub Page any longer.  The option to cancel the account was listed there. Can anyone tell me where the new cancel account button is located. I  hope not to have to call eBay customer service. Thank you.

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

Re: Terminating account

https://accountsettings.ebay.com/uas

luckythewinner_0-1625083859442.png

Keep in mind that since you had a sale on May 26, eBay may not let you close the account until the window for returns and disputes has passed. 

Message 2 of 8
latest reply

Go to Help & Contact.

Type in: Close my account.

Follow the links and actually read what the pages say (right down to the bottom of the page).

Message 3 of 8
latest reply

@mothermary-sistersue wrote:

hope not to have to call eBay customer service. 

Use the link that @luckythewinner 

and no, you do not have to contact eBay (calling is out of the question anyway) to close your account.

he/him/guy/dude...you get the picture
Message 4 of 8
latest reply

Good luck to you. 

....... "The Ranger isn't gonna like it Yogi"......... Boo-Boo knew what he was talking about!

Posting ID Only.......
Yes, I have no Bananas, only Flamethrowers.......
Message 5 of 8
latest reply

Make sure you cancel all subscriptions before trying to close account.

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

Thank you! I just could not remember where I had found it before. I cancelled the store end of May. We had a 30 day returns policy with buyer paying return postage. We never had a disputed sale but we did not sell expensive items and would just refund their money and block the seller. It worked for us.  Some

things at our price point were just not worth the hassle.

eBay has been quite an experience with all the changes. But it is time to say adios!

Message 8 of 8
latest reply