cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Terapeak? Need Help From A Blue

trinton@ebay I need help.

First, this is not my selling account, this is my buying account. A few moments ago I looked up my selling account to check on the fees that I've paid since the start of the year. Here's a snippet:

Store (Basic): Subscription Fee (Jan-31-20 - Feb-28-20) Jan-30-20 23:00:00 PST Subscription fee US $21.95
Terapeak: Subscription Fee (Jan-31-20 - Feb-28-20) Jan-30-20 23:00:00 PST Subscription fee US $19.00

The store subscription fee is fine, as I have a basic store. But what is this Terapeak subscription fee? I have no idea what Terapeak is, and whatever it is, I don't want it. So, unless I missed the memo that said "Congratulations, you have been automatically been enrolled in Terapeak at the cost of 19 bucks a month, then this fee has got to be a mistake. A  costly mistake.

I know I didn't opt into any Terapeak program. Have any other sellers gotten erroneously charged for whatever this Terapeak program is? Check your fees...odds are I'm not the only one.

Meanwhile, can one of the blues tell me what happened here? And how to correct it. Do I have to call ebay to resolve this? What time is best to call?

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

Re: Terapeak? Need Help From A Blue

I'm not a blue, but free access to Terapeak is included in the basic store subscription. There's something to check first - go to 'manage subscriptions' in your 'manage my store' in the seller hub and under "active subscriptions" see if there is a separate line item for Terapeak.

ETA: As you see in my screen capture I have the 'free access' notation and just the billing for my yearly basic store subscription.

When you dine with leopards, it is wise to check the menu lest you find yourself as the main course.

#freedomtoread
#readbannedbooks
Message 2 of 8
latest reply

chapeau-noir, yes, I had done that before I posted. My line item reads the same as yours (being free). Yet, according to the fees that I've been charged, I was charged for Terapeak.

Message 3 of 8
latest reply

This is how Terapeak should appear on your monthly invoice. If you're seeing a charge for it then you should contact customer service billing department. Ask them for a credit for all the month's you've been charged and ask them to ensure it's fixed for next month and go forward. Check all of your invoices from the last year before you contact them.

Screen Shot 2020-02-19 at 12.45.21 AM.png

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.
Message 4 of 8
latest reply

@fabreedwar wrote:

Meanwhile, can one of the blues tell me what happened here? And how to correct it. Do I have to call ebay to resolve this? What time is best to call?

From the community guidelines:

"While eBay employees will be on the discussion boards from time to time,  the Community is not a dedicated customer service channel This is a peer-to-peer support community – inclusive of sellers, buyers, and eBay employees. It is a place to get tips and advice from Community members.  If you require assistance directly from eBay Customer Support, please visit our Customer Support portal via the Help & Contact link."

Message 5 of 8
latest reply

@pburn wrote:

@fabreedwar wrote:

From the community guidelines:

"While eBay employees will be on the discussion boards from time to time,  the Community is not a dedicated customer service channel This is a peer-to-peer support community – inclusive of sellers, buyers, and eBay employees. It is a place to get tips and advice from Community members.  If you require assistance directly from eBay Customer Support, please visit our Customer Support portal via the Help & Contact link."

Do you think they will ever have 'Khoros-associated' poster identify themselves when posting on the board(s)?

Not saying 'NO' doesn't mean 'YES'.

The foolishness of one's actions or words is determined by the number of witnesses.

Perhaps if Brains were described as an APP, many people would use them more often.

Respect, like money, is only of 'worth' when it is earned - with all due respect, it can not be ordained, legislated or coerced. Anonymous
Message 6 of 8
latest reply

wastingtime101, the $19 Terapeak subscription fee doesn't show up on my Invoice for January. My Subscripton and onetime fees appears just as yours, with a $19 savings for Terapeak.

The $19 dollar subscription fee shows up on a different screen. Try this and see what you get...
Go to your My Ebay page, then click on Seller Account, then on that page click on Fees, then on that page click on Customize View, and then select a period from Jan 1, 2020 to the present. You will then be presented with a listing of fees very detailed and broken down bit by bit. It is on that page that the $19 dollar fee for Terapeak shows up as fee...at least for me it does.

However, the invoice doesn't list it. Weird, and a bit confusing.
Message 7 of 8
latest reply

That's literally dozens of pages of fees for me to go through so I'm not going to spend the time.

If you're seeing the fee there then I'm guessing there's also a credit in there somewhere zero-ing out the amount.

Since it's showing there but not on your invoice then I wouldn't worry about it as you're not being charged.

Edit: While I didn't go through the myriad of fee pages, I did take a look at the credits tab since it's much shorter and I see the $19 terapeak credit there. In other words, there's probably a charge on the fees page and a subsequent credit on the credit page resulting in zero due on your invoice. Mystery solved.

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.
Message 8 of 8
latest reply