cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Summer Update 2018 , wow Spring is gone already !

https://pages.ebay.com/seller-center/seller-updates/2018-summer/index.html

Didn't know Spring was over, That hasn't even all sunk in yet.
They like to keep us on our toes don't they?

Message 1 of 27
latest reply
26 REPLIES 26

Re: Summer Update 2018 , wow Spring is gone already !

AND they're feeding the sharks

Crusader Cat is watching

Everyone thinks of changing the world, but no one thinks of changing himself. - L Tolstoy

"You are entitled to your own opinion, you are not however, entitled to your own facts."

Message 16 of 27
latest reply

No time to digest that an item is coming back to us now, Summer update it's all automated. So surprise surprise with your morning coffee! Don't spit on the keyboard. Automated holds on the way, probably Fall update. With automated returns ebay is going to want automated holds on the money.

Message 17 of 27
latest reply

@nawlinsron2 wrote:
Did I miss the part that says "all your listings will now be searchable 24/7, 365"?

Nah, We won't have to worry about searches or  returns that much:

Starting mid-September 2018, you will need to associate your Good 'Til Cancelled listings with the eBay catalog in the categories above. Otherwise, your listings may have minimal or no visibility to buyers.

So..pretty much as it is now - but they publicity came out and told you - You can LIST only - and if you don't sell - no worries - the return policies won't apply to you................

Message 18 of 27
latest reply

They're getting ready for when THEY start handling seller disbursements I guess.

Crusader Cat is watching

Everyone thinks of changing the world, but no one thinks of changing himself. - L Tolstoy

"You are entitled to your own opinion, you are not however, entitled to your own facts."

Message 19 of 27
latest reply

@ersatz_sobriquet wrote:

No time to digest that an item is coming back to us now, Summer update it's all automated. So surprise surprise with your morning coffee! Don't spit on the keyboard. Automated holds on the way, probably Fall update. With automated returns ebay is going to want automated holds on the money.

The automated returns is like what Amazon has implemented so that is where Ebay got the idea. 

I read through the changes and I'm worn out. All these things that are supposed to be great for my business yet my sales are down significantly despite a big increase in the number of my listings.

Message 20 of 27
latest reply

The difference is on Amazon, most people don't post a bunch of stuff up for sell, the key to making it on Amazon is through fullfilment and Ebay doesn't have warehouses. 

Message 21 of 27
latest reply

Are you refering tothe Fulfillment by Amazon program? Many people I know have fled over the huge increase in fees. 

Since Amazon went to automatic returns my return rate is up. I hardly ever get returns here but way too many on Amazon including the ever-popular "no longer wanted or needed". I am charged for the returns and have to monitor them carefully because if they come back and I don't quickly refund minus a restocking fees Amazon refunds the whole thing. 

Message 22 of 27
latest reply

Keep you on your toes???? It's more like knocking you on your butt! Ask yourself have any of these changes increased your sales? Are you doing better or worse than before? Do you follow along and just accept it or do you speak up when something is not right?

Message 23 of 27
latest reply

@keziak wrote:

@ersatz_sobriquet wrote:

The automated returns is like what Amazon has implemented so that is where Ebay got the idea. 

I read through the changes and I'm worn out. All these things that are supposed to be great for my business yet my sales are down significantly despite a big increase in the number of my listings.

Here's the real difference between the way Amazon does it and the way ebay is doing it:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/companies/banned-from-amazon-shoppers-who-make-too-many-returns/ar-A...

Message 24 of 27
latest reply

@nawlinsron2 wrote:
Did I miss the part that says "all your listings will now be searchable 24/7, 365"?

Now, how could you miss that?  It wasn't there.  Smiley Surprised

Not saying 'NO' doesn't mean 'YES'.

The foolishness of one's actions or words is determined by the number of witnesses.

Perhaps if Brains were described as an APP, many people would use them more often.

Respect, like money, is only of 'worth' when it is earned - with all due respect, it can not be ordained, legislated or coerced. Anonymous
Message 25 of 27
latest reply

Bwahahahaha!  I wonder what the topic of tomorrow's chat is going to be?  Smiley Wink

Not saying 'NO' doesn't mean 'YES'.

The foolishness of one's actions or words is determined by the number of witnesses.

Perhaps if Brains were described as an APP, many people would use them more often.

Respect, like money, is only of 'worth' when it is earned - with all due respect, it can not be ordained, legislated or coerced. Anonymous
Message 26 of 27
latest reply

@alfredn215 wrote:

Keep you on your toes???? It's more like knocking you on your butt! Ask yourself have any of these changes increased your sales? Are you doing better or worse than before? Do you follow along and just accept it or do you speak up when something is not right?

Oh I speak up, if you read the boards going back years & years I speak up !

Message 27 of 27
latest reply