cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Summer Update 2018 , wow Spring is gone already !

https://pages.ebay.com/seller-center/seller-updates/2018-summer/index.html

Didn't know Spring was over, That hasn't even all sunk in yet.
They like to keep us on our toes don't they?

Message 1 of 27
latest reply
26 REPLIES 26

Re: Summer Update 2018 , wow Spring is gone already !

Well, the Spring seller update came out on February 27.   eBay has their own special calendar. But at least their seasons are  about 3 months long.

Message 2 of 27
latest reply

Tired of it.  It's not the changes, it's the constant barrage of manipulation.  Imagine if you lived in a land where the laws changed every other week - and sometimes, they didn't tell you.  

Message 3 of 27
latest reply

Amen

Good Moms let you lick the Beaters.

Great Moms turn them off first.
Message 4 of 27
latest reply

Get out the shovels. 

I was reading the ebay goals for 2018 and couldn't stop laughing when I came to 75% of buyers check return policies.  I think it should say - 75% of the buyers we asked  check return policies, the rest have learned the MBG policy very well because ebay is a great educator.

(*Bleep*)
Message 5 of 27
latest reply

Yep they KNOW the ONLY 'return policy" they need to care about here is eBay's.

Crusader Cat is watching

Everyone thinks of changing the world, but no one thinks of changing himself. - L Tolstoy

"You are entitled to your own opinion, you are not however, entitled to your own facts."

Message 6 of 27
latest reply

how much stuff do most people return?

"Believe in something, even if it means sacrificing everything" Colin Kaepernick the new face of NIKE
Message 7 of 27
latest reply

@jason_incognito wrote:

What do you sell?
Guess this depends on what type of items many sell
Do you sell clothes? Shoes?

Or a computer or printer part that specifies model but buyers request returns for doesn't fit .

Back in 2016 I asked about return metrics showing on dashboard for buyers remorse of doesn't fit, etc. and why they are showing these & when they planned on using them against sellers
Well really this is exactly what is happening now

This is beyond sad. 

Message 8 of 27
latest reply

@labs118 wrote:

@jason_incognito wrote:

What do you sell?

Or a computer or printer part that specifies model but buyers request returns for doesn't fit .

Back in 2016 I asked about return metrics showing on dashboard for buyers remorse of doesn't fit, etc. and why they are showing these & when they planned on using them against sellers

This is beyond sad. 

Especially since ebay encourages returns! They encourage the seller to offer 30 day returns and they put the big blue "return this item" on the buyers purchase history. What gives? They are basically holding the sellers hand as they walk the plank.....and then pushing them overboard.

One life is all we have to live
Love is all we have to give

**Formerly known as MissJen316**
Message 9 of 27
latest reply

@missjen831 wrote:

@labs118 wrote:

@jason_incognito wrote:

What do you sell?

This is beyond sad. 

Especially since ebay encourages returns! They encourage the seller to offer 30 day returns and they put the big blue "return this item" on the buyers purchase history. What gives? They are basically holding the sellers hand as they walk the plank.....and then pushing them overboard.

Yes they are !!!

Give 30 day returns & hey do it for free & if you have to many then we are going to charge you more
sounds like a Win Win to me Smiley Surprised

Message 10 of 27
latest reply

Did I miss the part that says "all your listings will now be searchable 24/7, 365"?
Message 11 of 27
latest reply

@michael_atw wrote:

Tired of it.  It's not the changes, it's the constant barrage of manipulation.  Imagine if you lived in a land where the laws changed every other week - and sometimes, they didn't tell you.  

Right there with you. So tired of it all that I am working through consolidating my stores figureing out what's still a fit here vs what would be better elsewheres and moving stuff out.

i just can't play this game anymore.

The Race is over
The Rats won.
Message 12 of 27
latest reply

@missjen831 wrote:

@labs118 wrote:

@jason_incognito wrote:

What do you sell?

This is beyond sad. 

There's a plank? I thought they were just flinging them over the side. 

The Race is over
The Rats won.
Message 13 of 27
latest reply

To me? Not much, but I don't sell jewellery, clothing or electronics

Crusader Cat is watching

Everyone thinks of changing the world, but no one thinks of changing himself. - L Tolstoy

"You are entitled to your own opinion, you are not however, entitled to your own facts."

Message 14 of 27
latest reply

@labs118 wrote:

@jason_incognito wrote:

What do you sell?

This is beyond sad. 

We already knew as soon as those stats started turning up. I LOVE the way a "request" gets the same status as an actual SNAD case too.

Crusader Cat is watching

Message 15 of 27
latest reply