cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sudden drop in sales May 2022

Please, report 13E9AEB6-1AE4-4BE0-9A83-516FDA4C16F6.jpeghere if you recently within a week or so experienced sudden drop in sales. We can then ask Velvet to pass it on to technical team for review of the accounts. https://community.ebay.com/t5/Selling/Updates-are-happening-to-some-item-specifics-and-category/m-p/...

Message 1 of 837
latest reply
836 REPLIES 836

Add me to the list. Never seen anything like this in 20 years I've been selling on eBay. Thirty auctions ending last night had ZERO views - all of them. No sales in days and days. Four sales in a week, including two that hadn't paid previously. What a disaster! I am top seller rated with 64,000+ ebay sales. Something is very wrong

Message 31 of 837
latest reply

I checked back 3 weeks ago before Ebay made this view counter change, and everything looks about the same as before. Most auctions ended without sales. Go ahead and add your name though, everyone else will.

Message 32 of 837
latest reply

Please add me too. Mine have dropped as well. I sell American coins.

Message 33 of 837
latest reply

I had my first Thursday in probably over two years with zero sales and now we’re almost through Friday with zero sales still. I usually average about $10,000 worth of CGC Graded comics sold every month, most of these sales happen between Thursday and Saturday and now suddenly they’ve dropped to zero. 

Message 34 of 837
latest reply

You can add me to the list. It seems its going to be exhaustively long. But I personally had a great number of sales from May 2021-January 2022. Sales starting dropping by 50-60% in February and continued to be at a 60% drop until April. Then May came and now I'm at an 80-90% sales drop. 

Message 35 of 837
latest reply

Please add me to the list I sell internationally and not a volume seller, my sales and views drop off from cliff sharply within this 2 weeks, very obvious in page views and terrible, ig: A rare & hot item list for 1 week but just have 2 page view only(1 view may be is me coz I had use another device to look at it….), all traffic datas changed to red red red after eBay change the page views count!!! My store seems invisible again and just as i said before: Sales will drop/die when eBay made a change! Hope it will back to “normal” soon~~~~

Message 36 of 837
latest reply

Yessss sudden slow down way down, despite consistent daily listing and now even increased listing, sales/traffic etc all have decreased. Running in mud uphill 😫

Message 37 of 837
latest reply

@stainlessenginecovers

“You post on a public forum and you will get feedback. Just because it's not positive or doesn't back your thought process, does not make it wrong to post. 

But mostly, I am just trying to give you another view. I've been selling here since 2011- all in the Auto Parts & Accessories area. Lots of competition for views, but not lots for what I make/sell. 

Here's some information that you may find valuable. 

I have about 400 listings. Nothing added or changed since 2016, except I added about 8 new items (since 2020. In 2021 I added shipping costs (used to be free). 2 weeks ago, raised prices for 3rd time and now free shipping (was $59 w/ $7 shipping, is now $69 Free Ship; so an actual increase of 4%)

Number of Sales

2022             2021                2020              2019

Jan                    145               117                     70                   90

Feb                   183                125                   74                   70

Mar                  149                160                    131                 130

Apr                  145                196                    105                140

May                146(trend)  146                    105                80

Jun                                        165                    101                 78

Jul                                         97                        83               68

Aug                                     152                      65                  95

Sep                                     141                       98                 124

Oct                                    158                      47                    98

Nov                                   86                       28                    74

Dec                                   117                      74                    55

What I learned from all this is sometimes the weather effects my sales, certain holidays, etc, but overall, I don't know the real reason. 

Last year almost doubled the previous 2 years. 

Car shows are down in Cali (was 9 local, now 2); but how are they in other states? 

Price of cars has gone through roof (classics) but now more car shows?

Less than 5% of my sales are in the 8 western states (where I live); 80% are east of the Miss. River

But, the common denominator is that it, for the most part, has nothing to do with eBay. ”

Oh yes you are very helpful. You improved my sales in an instant. 

maybe I should work for Ebay so I won’t have any selling issues like you.

Message 38 of 837
latest reply

Add me to the list as well,  usually my sales are  steady around this time but instead its a ghost town,,

Message 39 of 837
latest reply

Yep never had a weekend where I wasn't wrapping and shipping... NOTHING this weekend been slow last few weekends but not this bad.

Message 40 of 837
latest reply

terrible sales since May 1st.

Message 41 of 837
latest reply

I would say people don’t have the money to spend, but here in Orlando they spending like crazy, went to Comic Con at convention center and couldn’t even get into the building, it was so packed! And people were spending money like Black Friday.  Walt Disney was the same over $100 admission & the park is FULL! So people have money.  I think the problem is with Amazon, why spend on Ebay” when you can get the same items delivered sometimes for less! In some cases, within 1-2 days.  Post office delivers when they feel like it these days, also a lot of big companies are selling on Ebay & they can sale their own for cheap!  So what happens? All customers go to them for the lowest prices, while most Ebay sellers try to sale above retail prices & you have to to make up for all the Ebay charges & shipping costs….

Message 42 of 837
latest reply

I HAVE NO VIEWS AND NO SALES!!!

Message 43 of 837
latest reply

You can add us to the list.   For the last week, it just died. We were rolling good this month and then just nothing at all happening with views and traffic.

Message 44 of 837
latest reply

@slippinjimmy eBay could try to use its overall volume to negotiate even shipping better rates. Of course higher rates means more fees for eBay so there could be a conflict of interest between sellers and eBay corporate that needs to bolster earnings during a decline in GMV and buyers.

Message 45 of 837
latest reply