cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sudden drop in sales May 2022

Please, report 13E9AEB6-1AE4-4BE0-9A83-516FDA4C16F6.jpeghere if you recently within a week or so experienced sudden drop in sales. We can then ask Velvet to pass it on to technical team for review of the accounts. https://community.ebay.com/t5/Selling/Updates-are-happening-to-some-item-specifics-and-category/m-p/...

Message 1 of 837
latest reply
836 REPLIES 836

Re: Sudden drop in sales May 2022

@ci1000 wrote:

velvet@ebay.com

It's a bit sad that the techs don't want any more users that are having problems.  Most techs appreciate additional information which helps them, in the long run, with targeting the problem.

Most of the people responding to this thread are experienced sellers and this is not just a bunch of people that are unhappy with their sales.  This has been an ongoing issue that started for me in mid May.

Don't want to jinx it but my sales have improved enough over the past 10 days that I am able to pay my utility bills and buy some food.  Wow... never thought it would come to this on eBay...

Thanks for any help you can give us!

Hi @ci1000! Given the length of this thread alone, there are a number of accounts for them to review, which is why I believe they didn't actively need me to continue asking for accounts to send over. They can view the thread and pull usernames as necessary as you're right, the more example accounts they can get the better.

I hope my saying that didn't make you believe that they're no longer looking into this, as I can assure you they are. If sales are down for sellers, then that can mean buyers aren't finding what they want, and lower sales affect everyone involved; sellers, buyers, and eBay.

I appreciate you sharing your insight and selling experience with us though, and I hope your sales continue to improve! I'll follow-up to this thread with any information I am provided by the team I reached out to. 😊

Velvet,
eBay
Message 256 of 837
latest reply

agreed

Message 257 of 837
latest reply

We are also having the same issue, a big drop in sales over the last couple of weeks.

Message 258 of 837
latest reply

Nothing has changed since May if anything it has gotten worst.

Message 259 of 837
latest reply

I think maybe time for another ebay inquisition in the line of management, starting with CEO on down the line. It's purely evident there are major issues with the site that directly affecting selling, item visibility, promoted listings standard and recently more inflated suggested rates (which were always designed to get sellers to elect more anyways but let's face it no is going to pay total of 20%+ to sell here), search, item view count, listing tool and bulk editor issues and they are all connected/affecting one another. Many posts on this thread from long time seller accounts and successful sellers alike, it isn't coincidence all experiencing same issues and large drop in sales  past 2-3 months (let's just say since last "seller update" - which always translate to loss of sales but this is ridiculous). Ebay is not willing to fix the issues they created. All these sellers are losing money, and so is ebay but they don't seem to care about that either. Paying for a store that ebay can't create a decent set up for. 

The great truth is there isn't one
And it only gets worse since that conclusion...
...There is something about the rigid posture of a proper, authentic blind
As if extended arms reached to pass his blindness onto others.
Message 260 of 837
latest reply

Sales are dismal at best!

Message 261 of 837
latest reply

My sales have dropped drastically.  And I find thousands of posts from sellers experiencing the same thing.  Inflation does not explain it.  Something else is going on.  I would like to hear what eBay is doing about this.  Sellers are being choked out of existence.  This needs to be fixed.  Drastic action is necessary.  eBay - DO SOMETHING!

Message 262 of 837
latest reply

Something is seriously wrong, 

I listed over 30 items within 2 weeks and only one has sold what's very little views on everything else everything else everything is promoted more than the average going rate for that category..

Is an US seller also experiencing some of their new or created listings from July not being searchable in International sites like eBay UK is eBay UK but being active

I contacted eBay chat many times I had to shuffle through a few clueless agents about my about my issues and I was told it's reported it's being worked on and one of the agents said they have complaints from many different sellers , the agent said "site issue complaints" so I guess there's a slew of problems all affecting the platform 

For the 1st time in years I have stopped trying to buy new inventory because I'm not sure if I live even be able to sell it with what's happening right now I feel like I'm at a standstill

Message 263 of 837
latest reply

I emailed the CEO and got a 3rd party response....... it was better than most but generally the response was "that's your tough luck" and all the other lies they have been perpetuating on why my sales are bad.

This was 2 days ago.

HK

Message 264 of 837
latest reply

It's bad and keeps getting worse. The only few sales I'm getting are from offers at LOW prices. The last 2 weeks down around 70% of my norm. Barely enough to justify paying for a store here. Yes something is off on Ebay..

Message 265 of 837
latest reply

@paraquip wrote:

I emailed the CEO and got a 3rd party response....... it was better than most but generally the response was "that's your tough luck" and all the other lies they have been perpetuating on why my sales are bad.

This was 2 days ago.

HK

@paraquip doesn't surprise me, I wouldn't mail the CEO since they are fully aware and authorized all the things that created the mess, mail the board. 

Message 266 of 837
latest reply

If you have that email address I'll be happy to take it and launch another email over there.

My guess is it will be the same response but I'm willing to try.

HK

Message 267 of 837
latest reply

@paraquip wrote:

If you have that email address I'll be happy to take it and launch another email over there.

My guess is it will be the same response but I'm willing to try.

HK

it would, likely, yes, untill the quarterly reports show loss and then the board will be all ears. 

Message 268 of 837
latest reply

please add me to the list yet again, because nothing has changed since the last week of May. FEEDING the EBAY beast with new listings daily ALWAYS has resulted in items selling even VERY OLD items. 8 years experience with this tried and true method of kick starting sales. BUT, THIS DOES NOT WORK ANYMORE! And I do not know what you people have done to the search but it is absolutely horrible. I know there are literally hundreds of certain items I search for and the returned search results no matter what I look for is literally NOTHING, not a ONE. Just a 5 course plate of food thrown at the wall. That has been the results for the last 3 months.

Message 269 of 837
latest reply

couldn't have said that any better. THANK YOU!

Message 270 of 837
latest reply