Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Strange feedback, Strange buyer

Item sold Nov 6.

Shipped Nov 7.

Delivered per USPS tracking Nov 14.

On Dec 15, buyer leaves Negative feedback, "I didn't receive it till today."

No prior communication with buyer.   No messages, no cases.

Buyer has feedback score of 1.  Only one feedback on his profile.  From me.

Buyer ID history:  Joined Nov 6, same day as purchase.  No prior IDs on the account.

Experienced sellers:  what's going on here?  

Typos courtesy of Lithium.
Message 1 of 28
latest reply
27 REPLIES 27

Re: Strange feedback, Strange buyer

What did the eBay delivery estimate say? If it was delivered within that time frame you stand a shot at getting the feedback removed.

i had one that was delivered early and the buyer left me a negative saying I should have shipped it faster. CS removed it.

Make sure you put this person on your blocked list.

The Race is over
The Rats won.
Message 2 of 28
latest reply

I say it's a new member not familar with the site and that English is not their main language.  The phrasing 'not ...  until today' is a classic example of someone not fluent in the language and can mean 'I got it today'.

Ignore it and move on.

Forget keeping up with the Joneses. Be the Finklegrubers!
OK kids, time to get the Dodge loaded up again. I hear 'Poppy's By the Tree' calling. This trip might be a long one too.
Message 3 of 28
latest reply

@the_fancy_fox wrote:

What did the eBay delivery estimate say? If it was delivered within that time frame you stand a shot at getting the feedback removed.

i had one that was delivered early and the buyer left me a negative saying I should have shipped it faster. CS removed it.

Make sure you put this person on your blocked list.

(to recap, it shipped day after order, delivered about 5 business days after that)

Not sure how I would see what the eBay delivery date estimate said.  Can the seller even see that?

Yes, I'll block him.  

The process for feedback removal would be call eBay customer service?

Message 4 of 28
latest reply

----------

Possible reply:

Paid Nov 1, Shipped Nov 2, USPS Tracking Shows Delivery Nov 14

(adjust above dates if needed)

jmtcw,

Lynn

Lynn

You love me for everything you hate me for

Message 5 of 28
latest reply

@chrysylys wrote:

I say it's a new member not familar with the site and that English is not their main language.  The phrasing 'not ...  until today' is a classic example of someone not fluent in the language and can mean 'I got it today'.

Ignore it and move on.

The comment in the feedback was written in entirely idiomatic American English. 

Message 6 of 28
latest reply

Respond with:
"Tracking shows your package was delivered on November 14. Thank you for your purchase."
Message 7 of 28
latest reply

I sent a message to the buyer saying thank you and giving the dates and details asking if I can help with anything or if there was a mix-up

Message 8 of 28
latest reply

I didn't receive it till today.

-------------------------------------

That looks like a complaint from the buyer, meaning, the buyer thinks the item took too long to be delivered..

Message 9 of 28
latest reply

OR the buyer has been seeing all the 3 day shipping commercials and assumed it meant anything they buy on eBay.

Member of the Grumpy Old Man crew
Message 10 of 28
latest reply

@stoneledge wrote:

The process for feedback removal would be call eBay customer service? 

In this case yes, because it sounds like your buyer is not experienced enough to figure out how to revise the feedback thru a feedback revision request.

Message 11 of 28
latest reply

It's possible that the package was delivered to a third party, like a neighbor, who forgot to pass it along. That happened to me once: Shipped a set of trading cards to a buyer, UPS left it with an elderly neighbor who forgot about it. Buyer didn't get it until a month later.

Really, who knows what happened? Could be clueless in all sorts of ways, especially since this is a new buyer.

Unless one neg is really going to do you an injury, I'd forget about it and move on. Maybe post a feedback response (calm and businesslike, of course) that the package was delivered on 11/7.

Message 12 of 28
latest reply

@stoneledge wrote:

Item sold Nov 6.

Shipped Nov 7.

No prior communication with buyer.   No messages, no cases.

Buyer has feedback score of 1.  Only one feedback on his profile.  From me.

Buyer ID history:  Joined Nov 6, same day as purchase.  No prior IDs on the account.

Experienced sellers:  what's going on here?  

Google the address you sent it to. Is it a reshipper?

Chaos is NOT an "industry standard".
Message 13 of 28
latest reply

Maybe the package was mis-delivered on November 14 to a neighbor and finally given to the buyer. Maybe the "delivered" scan should have been "notice left." ~~C~~
My Glass Duchess
Quoting Mom: In polite society, "hey" is for horses.
Message 14 of 28
latest reply

Bingo.   dtexleye3 got it. He or she ID'ed the problem. It's the 3 Day Delivery policy eBay dreamed up that fails to properly explain their hot flash on this one.

Many buyers read and think it means they will have their purchase in their hands three days for their purchase date.  I fell for it for 20 minutes (an exaggeration on my part, it really took almost 24 minutes) to realize this wasn't possible given the method of shipping which wasn't FedEx overnight. Therefore it meant something else. Then I discovered it was the sellers time to get the goods to the infallible Post Office.... LOL 

I'm sure many sellers are pleased with this Guarantee, however I laugh because I don't ever want my reputation linked to that of the infallible Post Office. How many billions have they lost in the last several years?

"Fly the Big Ones"
Message 15 of 28
latest reply