cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Store discounts not showing up on listings

I started a 20% off sale on all my items in my store and the sale price isn't showing up in the listing.For example,I have an item that is $59.99 regular price and with 20% off it would be $47.99.Yet it still shows the price of $59.99 until you scroll down to the bottom of the page where it says 20% off. You would then get the 20% off if you bought the item.It used to have the original price crossed out and listed the sale price.People who are scrolling through looking for stuff will never know it's on sale unless they click on the item and scroll down to the bottom of the page.It makes absolutely no sense whatsoever.

The people at ebay are saying this is the way it's supposed to be.Does anyone else have an issue like this?

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

Re: Store discounts not showing up on listings

I see your 20% off discount ad at the bottom of your listing.  Normally you have a small ad right above your pictures as well, and this is very helpful.  Your listing is not showing that and it might be that you did not fill out that area on the create promotion form?

I would edit your promotion and look to see if you missed this area.

Good Luck Selling!

Message 2 of 8
latest reply

MDM is extremely inconsistent these days.

I'm running one right now and I have the banner of "items on sale" at the bottom (thanks for that ebay) but at least I have the STP at the top & the discount, but it shows in search results for some of the items and not others.

It would also be nice if they had retained the ability to click on "on sale" items in your storefront.

Reality is the leading cause of stress.
Message 3 of 8
latest reply

a few days ago, i was on the phone with cs trying to figure out how to get the sale to list at top.  we tried varies sales, etc and never did get anything to show at the top of my listings.  then it was impossible to remove the 'sale' notice from the page bottoms.  i wound up just cancelling the listings we were experimenting on.  if the customer cant see that the item is on sale before they decide to buy, aren't you just harming yourself if you give a discount after they decide to buy at full price?

snow dogs that have owned me

SheRa ‘Barbarian Queen’ Sept 16, 1995 - Nov 17, 2006
Thor ‘God of Thunder’ Nov 17, 2006 – Nov 26, 2007
Mishka ‘Little Bear’ March 26, 2007 – Oct 22, 2016
Conan ‘Wolf’ Nov 14, 2007
Message 4 of 8
latest reply

According to the PTB, they now "select" which sellers get the banner at the top or bottom.

Of course, we peons aren't privy to what criteria they use as per SOP
Reality is the leading cause of stress.
Message 5 of 8
latest reply

The sale price is showing up now. Whatever the problem was,ebay fixed it. At least for now.

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

When I click on see all eligible items...........I get this that shows one with the strike thru and the others show nothing even on the listing itself  until you put them in the cart....at which time, they show 20% off......

perhaps it's lag time and the rest will eventually show the strike thru.....

image.png

Message 7 of 8
latest reply

Over the past few weeks I have seen three different sale formats in search view. I think they are running tests. One format is pictured in the above post, here are two more:

sale-pricing.jpg

Message 8 of 8
latest reply