cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Store Owners: June Insertion Fees

Hey guys. This is a heads up to take a quick look at your June fees to date. Fixed price items that I listed on June 1st were incorrectly charged insertion fees when they should have been part of my store listings. They were GTC renewals and never had an issue before.

CS has reported the error and I was credited back the fees.

After a couple of calls, that is.

And after the first rep tried to tell me my category did not qualify as part of the Fixed Price store listings... um, a kitchen item? That was not charged an insertion fee last month or the month before? Suuuuure. Click. Thanks for the frustration. Fortunately the rep I spoke with when I called back actually had a clue!

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Re: Store Owners: June Insertion Fees

You have to wonder if part of their training is--If you don't know the answer, make something up. 

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

Maybe part of their informal training (tips from co-workers)?

To be honest, it's possible the first rep was looking at restrictions for auctions even though I clearly stated several times it was fixed price GTC on its 4th renewal with no insertion fees charged the first 3 times. He kept asking me completely irrelevant questions, too. I think he was looking at the wrong part of his script.

The last rep I spoke with who fixed the situation did not appear to be reading from any kind of script. She was clearly going through prompts on her screen for filling out forms and reports, but she understood what I said to her and she knew exactly what she was doing, where to look, and very quickly verified the problem, issued a credit, and filed a report with the tech team.

She also asked me to wait on the line for the credit to go through which I appreciated. Usually the reps are trying to hang up on you telling you to check back later for the credit and most of the time it never shows up. It was a complete 180° from the first call and I was grateful to get a rep who was able to perform her job well.

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

It's nice to hear about a good CS experience for once. I've called in quite a bit when issues come up. Some of them do not have a clue and barely speak English. Others are better. One time I demanded to speak to a supervisor and it was like night and day.  We had a quick conversation since she  understood what I was talking about, unlike the front line staffer who laborously echoed back what I said  but was unable to respond in any helpful way.

Message 4 of 4
latest reply