cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sponsored Listings within Stores

I don't know if this has been brought up yet as I haven't had much time to check in on this board recently. A quick search didn't turn up this topic.

I was checking something from my store page and found that eBay is showing sponsored listings on my store page. This wasn't happening last week. Yes, they were my own sponsored listings, but if a buyer is already browsing our stores- not browsing in general search- then we sellers shouldn't have to deal with sponsored listings and additional ad fees. Are we competing against ourselves now?

I use promoted listings to help my listings be found in general search amongst the millions of listings from other sellers. Within my own store it's really easy for a buyer to find my listings without sponsored listings popping up- especially when buyers filter by category.

Obviously this is a fee grab by eBay, but I think it's done in incredibly poor taste.

Message 1 of 26
latest reply
25 REPLIES 25

Re: Sponsored Listings within Stores

I won't be able to make the chat on Wednesday, but if you're around feel free to ask- maybe just keep it broad-

On a seller's storefront page (not listing page), should sponsored listings of that seller's own listings be appearing?

If they say no then link this thread. If they say yes then leave it alone. 🤷‍♀️

Edit- That's so weird. I used an emoji of a woman shrugging. It appeared fine in draft, but when the post went live it changed to 2 emojis- a guy shrugging and a female symbol.

Message 16 of 26
latest reply

@coffeebean832 

I should be around for the chat on Wednesday, so I will ask.

Message 17 of 26
latest reply

@coffeebean832 

Well, the chat has a dedicated topic today (eBay Standard Envelope), so I cannot ask the question this week.  Maybe next week?

Message 18 of 26
latest reply

@coffeebean832 

I am no longer seeing sponsored listings showing in my store.  How about your store?

Message 19 of 26
latest reply

@mcdougle4248- Looks like they're gone! 😀

Message 20 of 26
latest reply

Back when this issue was going on I made changes to my store. We had the option to control the sort order of our listings in our store view as buyers would see it. I used to use Best Match, but changed that when this glitch was going on.

eBay made some changes to the Manage Store page and controlling listing sort order is no longer an option- so now both of my stores are stuck on however I had them set when eBay removed this control feature. Is this an oversight and can we get the ability to change store sort order back on the Manage Store page, please tyler@ebay?

Message 21 of 26
latest reply

@coffeebean832 wrote:

Back when this issue was going on I made changes to my store. We had the option to control the sort order of our listings in our store view as buyers would see it. I used to use Best Match, but changed that when this glitch was going on.

eBay made some changes to the Manage Store page and controlling listing sort order is no longer an option- so now both of my stores are stuck on however I had them set when eBay removed this control feature. Is this an oversight and can we get the ability to change store sort order back on the Manage Store page, please tyler@ebay?

Is there any chance you can get us some insight on this tyler@ebay?

Message 22 of 26
latest reply

@coffeebean832  - on the original topic here, not sure if you saw it but on another thread yesterday the ads team confirmed sellers would receive credits for any ad fees for sponsored listings that were shown in their own stores due to this "intermittent bug"

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Selling/Sponsored-Items-WITHIN-my-eBay-store/m-p/32167805/highlight/tr... 

Hopefully Tyler can get the store sort order issue bumped up and taken care of too. 😊

Message 23 of 26
latest reply

@coffeebean832 wrote:

@coffeebean832 wrote:

Is there any chance you can get us some insight on this tyler@ebay?

@coffeebean832 Hello! Tyler asked me to take a look at this and I see what you mean. My own account no longer has that display setting either. I've filed a ticket and I'll keep you posted with any info I get back. Thanks!

Velvet,
eBay
Message 24 of 26
latest reply

@coffeebean832 wrote:

Haha what?? How coincidental is that?

Message 25 of 26
latest reply

Both of my stores are stuck on different sort orders which tells me that eBay did not made a decision to remove the sort option because they wanted to force all stores into the same format. That leaves two options-

- Removing it was an oversight and hopefully they can add it back.

- Removing it was intentional- but eBay was too lazy/sloppy to clean things up and make them uniform across stores.

Message 26 of 26
latest reply