cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Speaking of Guaranteed Delivery...

How many ebay delivery trucks have you spotted lately?

Message 1 of 43
latest reply
42 REPLIES 42

Re: Speaking of Guaranteed Delivery...

Don't forget if the stuff does not arrive in time it is YOUR fault for choosing the carrier.  Even if the buyer chooses the carrier it is your fault for going along with it.  

Message 2 of 43
latest reply

@ittybitnot wrote:

Don't forget if the stuff does not arrive in time it is YOUR fault for choosing the carrier.  Even if the buyer chooses the carrier it is your fault for going along with it.  

Hi @ittybitnot, I need to clarify that eBay will cover the shipping refund, voucher, or return shipping label if an item with Guaranteed Delivery is delivered late. eBay will also remove any negative feedback related to a late delivery. Sellers that use the handling time option just need to ship the item out withing their stated handling time. If this requirement is met, eBay will take care of the rest! (I do need to mention that through 2018, eBay will cover the shipping refund, voucher, or return shipping cost even if the seller doesn't meet their handling time).

@nawlinsron2, eBay is guaranteeing that if an item isn't delivery by the guaranteed date, we will compensate the buyer from our own pockets. I encourage everyone to carefully read through the Guaranteed Delivery FAQ for more details.

Brian,
Community Team
Message 3 of 43
latest reply

The ol' heads I win, tails you lose dichotomy.
Message 4 of 43
latest reply

"eBay is guaranteeing that if an item isn't delivery by the guaranteed date, we will compensate the buyer from our own pockets. I encourage everyone to carefully read through the Guaranteed Delivery FAQ for more details."

Compensation notwithstanding, who gets the black eye for a late delivery?
Carrier? Seller? ebay?
Point being...does the buyer, especially a NEW buyer, get a 24 pt heads up when they pay about all the ramifications of a "late" delivery? Specifically, that the seller is absolved of all responsibility if the item is shipped and scanned within the stated handling time?
Message 5 of 43
latest reply

brian@ebay wrote:

@ittybitnot wrote:

Hi @ittybitnot, I need to clarify that eBay will cover the shipping refund, voucher, or return shipping label if an item with Guaranteed Delivery is delivered late. eBay will also remove any negative feedback related to a late delivery. Sellers that use the handling time option just need to ship the item out withing their stated handling time. If this requirement is met, eBay will take care of the rest! (I do need to mention that through 2018, eBay will cover the shipping refund, voucher, or return shipping cost even if the seller doesn't meet their handling time).

@nawlinsron2, eBay is guaranteeing that if an item isn't delivery by the guaranteed date, we will compensate the buyer from our own pockets. I encourage everyone to carefully read through the Guaranteed Delivery FAQ for more details.

Thanks for the clarification but I would like to add that this only works as long as you have the carrier scan the label within your handling time. Its no different then the requirement for TRS. And yes I read the part about 2018 exception but in 2019 its going to matter.

I ship everything I sell the same day or next. I have 100% on my Tracking Uploaded on Time metric yet I have a 1.8 Deficit on my Late Shipment rate because USPS is NOT required to scan my delivery confirmation label until its actually delivered.

Now to be fair most of the time they do. But busy local terminals will often pass that task to the main shipping hub. So if you want to make sure your covered you will need to stand in line and watch them scan every item. Even better get a scan sheet so you can prove you shipped it on time. 

Message 6 of 43
latest reply

GD begs the question...why is that neanderthal "your item has shipped" nomenclature still in existence in response to a label simply being printed?
Message 7 of 43
latest reply

@nawlinsron2 wrote:
GD begs the question...why is that neanderthal "your item has shipped" nomenclature still in existence in response to a label simply being printed?

Sigh. It just sounds better, and more exciting --

analogous to "lock and load", which is physically impossible.

Message 8 of 43
latest reply

Sounds more like intansient/irrational thinking.
Message 9 of 43
latest reply

I encourage everyone to carefully read through the Guaranteed Delivery FAQ for more details.

Yeah, especially your buyer, who probably misunderstood that "guaranteed" didn't mean guaranteed delivery, it just meant some kind of guanranteed compensation when it didn't arrive on time. 

If this requirement is met, eBay will take care of the rest!

Sure, just like "Your responsibility ends when the package is accepted at the GSP"?

The Floggings Will Continue Until Morale Improves.
Message 10 of 43
latest reply

Hi brian.t@ebay.

We all know that once a seller's guaranteed delivery doesn't meet the deadline, for whatever reason, seller will pay, one way or another.

So here's my question, having been in a close situation:

When the seller rushing to the post office in a flood or on icy roads, or another act of God, in order to meet her handling time, dies as a result of ebays promised delivery, which she/he did may not have agreed to, what then?

Will his or her dependents be taking care of?

Who pays for the funeral?
Message 11 of 43
latest reply

Brian.t@ebay

This is not a hypothetical question. It will come up. Legal must have a plan.

Answer it.
Message 12 of 43
latest reply

Hi Brian.  Why does my Site Preferences opt-in for GD say Ebay will cover late deliveries through June 30 then the next paragraph states through 2018. Which is correct?Screenshot_20180602-202657.png

Message 13 of 43
latest reply

If ebay had any semblance of a QC procedure, that question would not have come up.
It's hard to be World Class by assumption.
Message 14 of 43
latest reply

@ittybitnot wrote:

Yep.  That is exactly what Trinton told me (us) here.   I don't understand why we have to be forced into GD just to be covered by eBay.  As long as the tracking link under our sold listing shows it was scanned within our promised handling time, eBay should cover those, should USPS be late in delivering them, IMO.  

Message 15 of 43
latest reply