cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something new has been addled.

So in checking one of my sales I noticed this new link in the bottom left of my picture. And, yes, it is an active clickable link.

similar.jpg

This is, of course, in addition to the multitudinous promoted ads that already populate my listings.

WILL THIS SABOTAGE NEVER END !!!!!!!

Message 1 of 66
latest reply
65 REPLIES 65

Re: Something new has been addled.

@lux-libri wrote:

"Something new has been addled"

-----------

Freudian typo of the week ...

@lux-libri I was just going to say something similar.  😂 

I think many of us are wondering if someone at eBay isn't addled with all of these changes and tests.

Message 16 of 66
latest reply

@jewelbiz 

And scary.  My husband had his debit card scanned by some random stranger in Walmart for $300.  Just walked by him with his phone aimed at his front pocket.  Thankfully the funds were returned.  Who knows what can happen here? I'm sure all the scammers are doing their homework as we communicate.  

PS Looking forward to some fall photos from NYC.  😊

Message 17 of 66
latest reply

Get hubby an RFID wallet.

"If a product doesn't sell, raise the price" - Reese Palley
"If it sold FAST, it was priced too low" - also Reese Palley
Message 18 of 66
latest reply

With ebay I'd assume the link will send you to a page that has those that paid the most to promote. 

Message 19 of 66
latest reply

On ebay, it's likely you will only get a list of those that paid the most to promote on these links. 

Message 20 of 66
latest reply

It's all part of the magical innovations. What a joke!

Message 21 of 66
latest reply

Knowing ebay it will lead buyers to what 'ebay considers similar' so it shouldn't be a problem

Message 22 of 66
latest reply

@hartungcards wrote:

OK - I'm not afraid of the average buyer seeing what my competition has.  Better?

The problem is not competition, it's distraction.

When you dine with leopards, it is wise to check the menu lest you find yourself as the main course.

#freedomtoread
#readbannedbooks
Message 23 of 66
latest reply

Don't you think that the number you potentially lose, will equal the number you get?

Even for ebay, wouldn't it even out in the long run?

If I come to buy a red widget, I'm only going to buy one red widget.  

Once I land on a page and decide to buy it I've already done my research and looked at all the red widgets.  Maroon ones, pink ones, and three or four red ones.   Once I've gone thru the list and selected the one I think I want ... I buy it.   A cute link on the corner of the pix isn't going to distract me. 

Message 24 of 66
latest reply

I checked my listings and they have the same check similar in the lower left of the photo.

I checked them out and most of the items it pulls up aren't even the same type of product let alone the same product.

I also noticed that a lot of them are China sellers.

Message 25 of 66
latest reply

i went to your listing and clicked on the find similar button. it shows me a page of mugs. none of the mugs are the one you are selling so you dont have to worry. 

the key word here is "similar".  and from my viewpoint it is a waste of time to display "similar" items.  if i am already on your page that means your mug is of interest to me. i dont want to see a page of items for something else. 

now if the page showed the exact same item at a lower price then i would be concerned. but that is not what is being displayed. 

when my wife shops the internet she always starts on google and always starts at a specific retailer with alot of product. then she finds what she wants on that retailers site and copies the image to google search. google displays all products which have that exact same image. she price compares based on that display. but the key is the image is exactly the same as what she is interested in. exactly the same and offered by many online retailers.  

"similar" doesnt work for comparison. 

Message 26 of 66
latest reply

@chapeau-noir wrote:

The problem is not competition, it's distraction.

Exactly. 

No one asked, but I am looking forward to the day when having feedback default sorted by relevance seems right.
Message 27 of 66
latest reply

I carry a little cash, a credit card, a driver's license, and insurance cards.  I rarely have a debit card on me as I only use an atm once in a blue moon.  

Two recent wallet thefts within the family (past month).  One at the hospital, and another in a distract/grab theft.

If you don't need to carry a debit card and multiple credit cards, don't. 

I don't even carry a purse anymore, just an "inexpensive" smartphone inside a wallet case.  One of the above thefts included also grabbing the fairly new iPhone along with a wallet full of credit cards.

Watch what you have in your wallet.

A single MasterCard/Visa and a little cash...kats rule!

KrazzyKats
Volunteer Community Mentor

Message 28 of 66
latest reply

@hartungcards ,

Keeps sellers on their toes. The sellers that can’t keep with the competition will fall by the wayside.

Message 29 of 66
latest reply

I'm with you. I don't  like eBay spoon feeding me other listings I might like on the listing I'm looking at.

It's ok on my home page. Don't  mind it there.

Message 30 of 66
latest reply