cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

So over 20% of price of sale isnt good enough. EBAY Made ME pay for shipping

So as if its not insult enough the Feebay took over 20% of my sales, they actually made me pay for the shipping.   Hmm so the customer pays for shipping that has nothing to do with the actual sale of the item.

Then FeeBay collects over 20% of the sales of my ITEM+Shipping, and expects me to pay for the shipping. 

Something is VERY VERY Wrong here.

Message 1 of 30
latest reply
29 REPLIES 29

This is the eBay forums. Since you used feebay instead to sell, you need to use their forums for service support.

Message 2 of 30
latest reply

In the beginning, they only charged based on the sale price of the item.  Sellers took advantage (huge) by making the sale price low and the shipping very high.  So now you are charged the fees based on the gross sale (shipping, handling and sale price).

If you are paying out of pocket for shipping, it is either because you are too new, or because a setting is incorrect.  On your shipping page, make sure it is set to taking shipping from "pending payouts".

I agree the final value fees should have been changed by now, especially for sellers purchasing labels from eBay.  Not all sellers do this though.  Some buy shipping labels elsewhere and rack up rewards on a credit card.  I can see how that method would take the sting out of the final value fee for shipping.

Message 3 of 30
latest reply

I LOVE it! Thank you for making my morning.

Message 4 of 30
latest reply

You have 199 Feedback received as a seller. Was ebay previously paying your shipping costs before and if so where do I sign up for that deal?

Message 5 of 30
latest reply

@tecknoid2005 wrote:

So as if its not insult enough the Feebay took over 20% of my sales, they actually made me pay for the shipping.   Hmm so the customer pays for shipping that has nothing to do with the actual sale of the item.

Then FeeBay collects over 20% of the sales of my ITEM+Shipping, and expects me to pay for the shipping. 

If the buyer paid for shipping then that shipping amount is given to you so that you can use it to pay for shipping. Depending upon how you paid for shipping, that is not always obvious.

If you give us a complete breakdown of  a single transaction, we can show you where you the confusion arises. But we will need to know the whole picture in order to do so:

• The price of item
  • The amount the buyer paid in shipping
  • The sales tax the buyer paid (if any)
  • The fees that eBay charged when the buyer paid
  • How much you paid for the shipping label
  • Whether you bought the label on eBay or elsewhere
  • If you bought shipping on eBay, how did you choose to fund the payment for the label

If you do not know how to find the above information, that would suggest you need to brush up on how payments and shipping work.

Message 6 of 30
latest reply

can you translate your question please....

what is wrong?

Message 7 of 30
latest reply

YOU are not paying for shipping.

The BUYER paid YOU for YOU to ship. 

YOU then use THAT money that YOU got from the BUYER to then PAY for the Shipping Label. 

Message 8 of 30
latest reply

Get real, the high shipping low price for the item trick did happen.  However with the advent of Amazon that all stopped with their free shipping.  Seller could no longer use that trick.  Its just a money grab.  I've been on the site in a big way for 22 years and now our sales are down 60% due to all of the current changes, which really started September 16, 2021.  You are watching death of a platform.  We have been in the process of leaving for the past three years.  I guess our $2.4mil worth of business is just not attractive to eBay

Message 9 of 30
latest reply

Ebay has charged fees on the item price plus shipping since 2011, so for 11 years now.  You're just now noticing?

If you have buyer paid shipping, the buyer pays you the shipping cost and you buy the shipping label. That's how it's always worked.

The easier you are to offend the easier you are to control.

We seem to be getting closer and closer to a situation where nobody is responsible for what they did but we are all responsible for what somebody else did. - Thomas Sowell
Message 10 of 30
latest reply

Can you show us the breakdown of a transaction where eBay's Final Value Fee was over 20% of any sale?

And, if a customer had to actually pay USPS for shipping, you can expect a complaint from the customer because, usually the customer pays the seller when paying for his purchase and the seller uses those funds to buy the shipping label.  

Message 11 of 30
latest reply

Fees for posting on this forum are next….

Message 12 of 30
latest reply

"You are watching death of a platform."...well apparently we have been watching this never-ending "death of eBay" for the past 12+ years or so, as members have been very adamant that eBay is dead or dying or going to die for at least the past 12-13 years...

Message 13 of 30
latest reply

@tecknoid2005 wrote:

Wow you been selling on eBay for how long and just finding out what you have been paying all along???

Hey I like your idea of no fees on the shipping of course:

I could list for a $1.00 and shipping of $300.00 and pay feeBay no fees doing that.

Good fer me: not so much for eBay is it??

Oh and this was the reason they had to charge fees on da shipping,

users were doing such and by passing eBay fees.

Anything else you would like to know about??

Message 14 of 30
latest reply

Guess if you underestimated shipping, that could bring the cost up to 20%. ?

Message 15 of 30
latest reply