cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

So annoying to keep getting offers every time I look up things for a price check.

Don't know who does this. The seller or eBay, but its really annoying. When someone wants to buy something, they will reach out the to the seller themselves . 

Message 1 of 22
latest reply
21 REPLIES 21

So annoying to keep getting offers every time I look up things for a price check.

eBay does it, If the seller has sent out previous offers there is a box that lets eBay send out the same offer to other watchers. 

Ebay also sends sellers emails - there are eyes on your items, drop the price 5% - then eBay sends offers.

If you place an item on your "watch" list - eBay notifies the seller. Sellers can then send an offer.

I never "watch" anything. 

There has been times I have been researching items and received emails from eBay that the price has dropped or the item is still available. 

klhmdg  •  Volunteer Community Mentor
Message 2 of 22
latest reply

I rarely get these offers. It must be what I look at - one of a few listings for similar items, sellers not trying to sell based on lowering prices.

Could they be a warning not to list your item?

Message 3 of 22
latest reply

@mypaintstyle wrote:

Don't know who does this. The seller or eBay, but its really annoying. When someone wants to buy something, they will reach out the to the seller themselves . 

NOT true. If someone were to get a 50% off 'offer', that 'someone' MAY consider buying it- even if they were just 'price comparing'. 

Just ignore- as worrying about all the ads you see on your email, instagram, facebook, yahoo, msn etc. is a waste of your energy as there is NOTHING you can do about it.

Message 4 of 22
latest reply

I am getting them all the time, and NOT for items that are on my watch list. Just for merely looking at something. 

Thanks  

Message 5 of 22
latest reply

@mypaintstyle wrote:

I am getting them all the time, and NOT for items that are on my watch list. Just for merely looking at something. 

Thanks  

@mypaintstyle 

You're a seller so you clearly understand the "Send Offers" to interested buyers from a seller's perspective, right?

What you seem to not understand is that "Interested Buyers" are not only people watching your item or putting your item on their watchlist.

Viewing an item, adding to watchlist, or adding to cart can make a buyer eligible for offers.

Message 6 of 22
latest reply

If you do not want to receive offers AT ALL you can opt out in your settings... but then you won't receive offers on any items you may be interested in purchasing (if you buy on this account?)

Message 7 of 22
latest reply

@mypaintstyle wrote:

You look up an item on eBay and then the seller sends you an offer to buy it? Is that what you're talking about?

It's easy, look up items from the SOLD history (there's checking solds, and some product research tool that I've never used). If it's sold, you won't be getting any offers to buy it.

C.

Message 8 of 22
latest reply

@ajs_coins_and_alchemy wrote:

If you do not want to receive offers AT ALL you can opt out in your settings... but then you won't receive offers on any items you may be interested in purchasing (if you buy on this account?)

That works too, but I like to receive offers on things I'm interested in buying (I'm not sure, want to think about it, and the offer "encourages" me to purchase it right now).

I look up sold items for my research to avoid getting bombarded with offers to buy stuff.

C.

Message 9 of 22
latest reply

I do all my price checking with google, they never send solicitations.  

Message 10 of 22
latest reply

@sin-n-dex wrote:

I look up sold items for my research to avoid getting bombarded with offers to buy stuff.

C.

Same, I look up solds for price comps ... but that's mostly because sold comps actually sold. Looking at actives for comps means you're looking at everything that hasn't sold and often because it's overpriced. I occasionally check active listings but sold is my primary data collection, actives is just addt'l data to be taken with a grain of salt in alotta cases

Message 11 of 22
latest reply

I agree.

Watching an item, I can understand, but just simply looking at it, no.

Papa Was A Rolling Stone - The Temptations
Message 12 of 22
latest reply

I think it's only supposed to trigger if you view the same item more than once? I mean if I look at the same item like 5 times I would find it reasonable to become eligible for offers but one look makes no sense to me.

Message 13 of 22
latest reply

Got my first message from a buyer today "Thanks for the offer, I'll give you XXX--- etc"

I don't send offers or have best offer on my listings

Looks like this might also be a pain for sellers who don't want a lot of pointless interaction with buyers wanting to haggle them out of a couple bucks

And yes, every time I research a couple dozen items I get 4-5-6 offers. Oh well

Message 14 of 22
latest reply

And yes, every time I research a couple dozen items I get 4-5-6 offers. Oh well

@harborauction 

Use a different ID to do that and NEVER look at your messages....LOL..

Message 15 of 22
latest reply