cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

So I got my Thank you coupon, but...

The padded mailers that I usually get has only quantity 100 available and not the 400 that I usually order, or even 200 (out of stock).  And the 100 at the exorbitant price of $27+ is on PRE-ORDER.  So the 600 I usually get with my $150 coupon for FREE would now cost me extra with no idea of the delivery time frame.  Seems to me ebayshippingsupplies is doing their best to cost eBay the least when all these extra coupons are redeemed.  Guess I'll wait a while and see if anything changes.

List more, sell more. Goodwill that other, uh, stuff.

Feeling sleepy? There's an app for that.
Message 1 of 60
latest reply
59 REPLIES 59

I would give it to you if I could. I didn't even realize this was an extra coupon. My issue is with the standard coupon and it replacing a %10 discount on FVF's. The discount was far more than the standard and extra coupons combined, not to mention the discount was monthly not one time.

I'm glad people like their supplies. I think smaller sellers definitely benefit from them. Larger sellers don't care. We sell 250+ items here a month and it does not benefit us.

Message 16 of 60
latest reply

@ctmss4284 wrote:

I would give it to you if I could. I didn't even realize this was an extra coupon. My issue is with the standard coupon and it replacing a %10 discount on FVF's. The discount was far more than the standard and extra coupons combined, not to mention the discount was monthly not one time.

I'm glad people like their supplies. I think smaller sellers definitely benefit from them. Larger sellers don't care. We sell 250+ items here a month and it does not benefit us.

NO it didn't.  The shipping supply coupons came BEFORE the TRS discount reduction. 

The TRS discount reduction was to fund the Promotional Listing coupons.

To donate your coupon, all you need to do is reach out to a seller of your choosing.  Ask them if they want it.  Let them select whatever they want within your coupon value.  Place the order for them using your coupon and when you place the order be sure to change the ship to address as that of the seller you have selected.  It is really easy.

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 17 of 60
latest reply

Great idea, Mam!!!!!  I used mine, but could have just as easily donated it to an organization helping COVID, or supporting our troops, or  a charity helping kids. Would be great if a bunch of sellers could get together and do something like that.

Message 18 of 60
latest reply

Get a grip on what? You speak of eBay as if the company has a shred of business ethics. Just by the way they handled MP they clearly don’t. 

Message 19 of 60
latest reply

That would be awesome! If anyone is or knows of any sellers involving first responders, military, veterans or something like St. Jude's, reach out to me and you can have my coupon every month.

Message 20 of 60
latest reply

We personally received zero shipping supply coupons before the TRS discount drop and free returns was implemented.

Message 21 of 60
latest reply

That is a whole different subject and has absolutely nothing to do with a free coupon.

Message 22 of 60
latest reply

If you have an ebay store, then you get a coupon for free shipping supplies every quarter. Probably $50 at your store level. It doesn't get e-mailed to you, you have to get the code from your account and use it on the ebay branded supply store.

Message 23 of 60
latest reply

@ctmss4284 wrote:

We personally received zero shipping supply coupons before the TRS discount drop and free returns was implemented.

That simply is inaccurate.  

I believe it was 2016 the coupons for shipping supplies started.  

The drop in discount happened in 2017.  The Spring Seller Update.

Message 24 of 60
latest reply

@mam98031 wrote:

@ctmss4284 wrote:

That simply is inaccurate.  

I believe it was 2016 the coupons for shipping supplies started.  

The drop in discount happened in 2017.  The Spring Seller Update.

That sounds correct.  I know I've been getting the free shipping supply coupons for a few years now.

Message 25 of 60
latest reply

I don't know if you missed the part about it being our personal experience.

I would not doubt your personal experience because I'm not you.

Message 26 of 60
latest reply

@ctmss4284 wrote:

I don't know if you missed the part about it being our personal experience.

I would not doubt your personal experience because I'm not you.

It could not have been your experience as the coupons came more than a year BEFORE the reduction in TRS discount reduction.  Not to mention Ebay told us the reduction was to fund the Promotional Listing fee coupons.

Message 27 of 60
latest reply

GENERAL:

That's also easily verified by an archival search on this forum - just look for the 2017 Spring Update Blowup.

https://ebay.to/3hlF1Ez

(sample)

When you dine with leopards, it is wise to check the menu lest you find yourself as the main course.

#freedomtoread
#readbannedbooks
Message 28 of 60
latest reply

I understand you are trying to be contrary. I don't understand how you can attests to our situation. eBay has rolled out programs to different sellers at different times based on category and more. We have never seen a coupon for promoted listing either.

You are generalizing all sellers. Have you ever sold on eBay motors?

eBay motors has had drastic differences in the introduction of policy changes and requirements for TRS than most category's.

Message 29 of 60
latest reply

@pargran3 wrote:

Good grief people. This is an extra on top of your usual store coupon. Get a grip.

Radine

So now we're not allowed to even mention how the value of the coupon has gone down?

Message 30 of 60
latest reply