cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

So I got my Thank you coupon, but...

The padded mailers that I usually get has only quantity 100 available and not the 400 that I usually order, or even 200 (out of stock).  And the 100 at the exorbitant price of $27+ is on PRE-ORDER.  So the 600 I usually get with my $150 coupon for FREE would now cost me extra with no idea of the delivery time frame.  Seems to me ebayshippingsupplies is doing their best to cost eBay the least when all these extra coupons are redeemed.  Guess I'll wait a while and see if anything changes.

List more, sell more. Goodwill that other, uh, stuff.

Feeling sleepy? There's an app for that.
Message 1 of 60
latest reply
59 REPLIES 59

@ctmss4284 wrote:

I understand you are trying to be contrary. I don't understand how you can attests to our situation. eBay has rolled out programs to different sellers at different times based on category and more. We have never seen a coupon for promoted listing either.

You are generalizing all sellers. Have you ever sold on eBay motors?

eBay motors has had drastic differences in the introduction of policy changes and requirements for TRS than most category's.

It has absolutely NOTHING to do with being "contrary".  What I have stated is factual.  Big difference.

Up thread another member gave you a link to some discussion about the reduction in the TRS discount that took place well over a year after shipping coupons.  BTW, Shipping coupons were not rolled out to some sellers and not other.  It was all at the same time for Sellers that had a store of Basic or above.

The reduction in the TRS discount also was not rolled out.  It happened to ALL TRS at the same time.

I'm not trying to cause you upset.  I'm only trying to provide you with the proper information.  We all are mistaken or misunderstand things from time to time.  This is just one of those times for you.  It isn't a big deal.  It isn't going to affect anything for you, but with the proper information it may change how you view certain things.

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member
Message 31 of 60
latest reply

Wow

Message 32 of 60
latest reply

You are literally, repeatedly, trying to tell me we received something we did not, that is contrary to our experience. I think speaking on another person's personal experience would upset most people.

Shipping supply coupons where announced in the fall of 2017

TRS discount drop was announced in spring 2018

This is six months with Christmas right in the middle.

The discount wasn't rolled, that happened across the board. The shipping supply coupon didn't happen for us before the time of the TRS discount change.

I'm sure there are cases in the archives where others didn't get the coupon all on the same day either.  I would search and post links, but it sounds like you wouldn't believe them.

Message 33 of 60
latest reply

The coupon being discussed is EXTRA.

EXTRA EXTRA EXTRA.

No EXTRA coupon would be zero worth. 

The value and price of your every quarter coupon is something all together different. I would agree that the actual value (DEPENDING OF COURSE ON WHAT YOU NEED AND WANT) isn't always tailored to your needs.

Seriously. Get a grip all gripers.

Radine

Message 34 of 60
latest reply

I was waiting on mine as well. Finally received it today, so your should be sent soon.
Message 35 of 60
latest reply

@ctmss4284 wrote:

You are literally, repeatedly, trying to tell me we received something we did not, that is contrary to our experience. I think speaking on another person's personal experience would upset most people.

Shipping supply coupons where announced in the fall of 2017

TRS discount drop was announced in spring 2018

This is six months with Christmas right in the middle.

The discount wasn't rolled, that happened across the board. The shipping supply coupon didn't happen for us before the time of the TRS discount change.

I'm sure there are cases in the archives where others didn't get the coupon all on the same day either.  I would search and post links, but it sounds like you wouldn't believe them.

I'm sorry we are having some type of a misunderstanding here.  Maybe this will help.  I am in no way trying to upset you, only to give you the correct information, nothing more.

Shipping Supply Coupon

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Archive-My-Account/how-do-you-claim-the-25-eBay-shipping-supplies-cred...

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Announcements/How-to-Use-Your-eBay-Shipping-Supplies-Coupon/ba-p/26163...

TRS Discount Reduction.

https://www.ecommercebytes.com/C/abblog/blog.pl?/pl/2017/3/1488511136.html

Excerpt from the above article.

"Hal Lawton in yesterday's webinar on eBay regarding the [2017] Spring Seller Update stated that this move was made to FUND the efforts to bring in more traffic and/or velocity to eBay for the sellers. He went on to say it was to help fund the $30 credit for the Promote Listings campaign to be given Top Rated Sellers.

Message 36 of 60
latest reply

I commend you for your ability to withstand the abuse from posters that would rather believe what they want to believe than to rely on the facts.  Facts, btw, in writing from the company.   I find it very frustrating myself to try to correct inaccuracies on this board, but it is a noble cause, because lots of others read these posts and need to know what is correct.

I appreciate when I am corrected and want to be corrected when I post something wrong---especially stuff I go on memory from rather than take the time to look up.   I would hate for my laziness to cause harm in any way to others.

Message 37 of 60
latest reply

Where is the pertinent information in your links that says everyone received the shipping supply coupon at the same time? I couldn't find them.

Message 38 of 60
latest reply

@ctmss4284 wrote:

Where is the pertinent information in your links that says everyone received the shipping supply coupon at the same time? I couldn't find them.

Maybe this link is better suited to give you the information you need.  It started on May 1, 2016 for ALL store subscribers.

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Announcements/SELLERS-NEW-STORES-BENEFITS-AVAILABLE-MAY-1-PRICE-UPDATE...

Message 39 of 60
latest reply

I understand you can not accept that we personally did not receive the discount. We probably could have called and had it applied, it was a thought, we waited until is showed up in our store subscriptions, gave it a try and were not pleased. 

Again, this is our experience (timing) and opinion (value). Try to sympathize with the experience of others, at least. You don't have to agree with everyone's opinion.

There's a lack of empathy in this world

Best Wishes!

Message 40 of 60
latest reply

https://pages.ebay.com/sellerinformation/news/sprupd16/features-fees.html

2016 seller update.  Go down to the bottom. 

Also, under the FAQs:

Beginning May 1st, eBay Store subscribers will begin to receive new benefits, including an increase to the zero insertion fee listing allotments for fixed price and auction-style listings in nearly all categories, and North American registered Store subscribers will receive a new eBay-branded shipping supply coupon.

When you dine with leopards, it is wise to check the menu lest you find yourself as the main course.

#freedomtoread
#readbannedbooks
Message 41 of 60
latest reply

@ctmss4284 wrote:

I understand you can not accept that we personally did not receive the discount. We probably could have called and had it applied, it was a thought, we waited until is showed up in our store subscriptions, gave it a try and were not pleased. 

Again, this is our experience (timing) and opinion (value). Try to sympathize with the experience of others, at least. You don't have to agree with everyone's opinion.

There's a lack of empathy in this world

Best Wishes!

The shipping coupons started for ALL store subscribers in May 2016.  Now there was a little bit of confusion surrounding this as in the beginning Ebay sent out emails to most, but not all sellers giving them their quarterly coupon code.  There were some sellers that did not or said they did not get those emails and were confused as to where to get the coupon codes.

They did not know that the coupon codes were always available under Subscriber Discounts in their Manage Store link.  That was a confusing point for some sellers for awhile.

I have no answer as to why you were not able to access your coupon.  I don't know where you looked to find it or if you depended upon the email to arrive.  I have no idea of what your details are.  But the coupons themselves have been a part of Store Subscribers Benefits as of May 1, 2016 for all store subscribers of a Basic store and up.

I am however glad you have access to it now and hope that you find the supplies useful in your business.

Since your not still asking about the TRS discount reduction, I take it we are OK on that point now!?

Message 42 of 60
latest reply

You have literally stated the same thing multiple times while disregarding the details of what I wrote. Are you even reading it? Are you customer service? Do you work for eBay? Self gratification maybe?

You are calling my employees and myself liars.

AGAIN,

We were well aware of the discount. It was stated we are not happy with the shipping supplies. It did not show up in our subscriptions or e-mails. The decision was made to not call eBay and waste the time doing so. Simple cost of time. Why would we want to cost ourselves time when this was supposed to be a benefit? We did not receive the discount, in any way, when you think we should have.

AGAIN,

We probably could have called

AGAIN,

I understand that you do not understand.

Can you show me our store subscriptions page or inbox otherwise?

Message 43 of 60
latest reply

@koinonia215 wrote:
I was waiting on mine as well. Finally received it today, so your should be sent soon.

Yep, got it a little while ago in my Ebay messages.  No email received as of yet.

The easier you are to offend the easier you are to control.

We seem to be getting closer and closer to a situation where nobody is responsible for what they did but we are all responsible for what somebody else did. - Thomas Sowell
Message 44 of 60
latest reply

@pargran3 wrote:

The coupon being discussed is EXTRA.

EXTRA EXTRA EXTRA.

No EXTRA coupon would be zero worth. 

The value and price of your every quarter coupon is something all together different. I would agree that the actual value (DEPENDING OF COURSE ON WHAT YOU NEED AND WANT) isn't always tailored to your needs.

Seriously. Get a grip all gripers.

Radine

I think you're misreading. I wasn't 'griping' about the additional coupon. I was simply commenting that another poster was correct and the value of the coupon has fallen as their prices have risen and av. qty has dropped.

Message 45 of 60
latest reply