cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

So I got my Thank you coupon, but...

The padded mailers that I usually get has only quantity 100 available and not the 400 that I usually order, or even 200 (out of stock).  And the 100 at the exorbitant price of $27+ is on PRE-ORDER.  So the 600 I usually get with my $150 coupon for FREE would now cost me extra with no idea of the delivery time frame.  Seems to me ebayshippingsupplies is doing their best to cost eBay the least when all these extra coupons are redeemed.  Guess I'll wait a while and see if anything changes.

List more, sell more. Goodwill that other, uh, stuff.

Feeling sleepy? There's an app for that.
Message 1 of 60
latest reply
59 REPLIES 59

I used to get 100 of the boxes I use most for just under the coupon value, but now, like you, I find you can only order 25 or 50 not 75 or 100, and 2 x 50 boxes is way over the coupon value.
Message 2 of 60
latest reply

Don't wait too long, there is an expiration date to the coupon. 🙂

Message 3 of 60
latest reply

Good grief people. This is an extra on top of your usual store coupon. Get a grip.

Radine

Message 4 of 60
latest reply

eBay shipping supplies are a joke. The "thank you" is insulting. The coupon is totally not worth the FVF discount we used to get. All of the supplies are overpriced and bottom of the barrel quality. They have the quantities and coupons set up so you have to spend more than the coupon is worth or leave part of the coupon unclaimed.

They want $30+ for a bundle of 50 on their smallest box. I pay $70 for 200 corrugated mailers delivered to my door step in one day. Corrugated mailers blow everything they offer out of the water, cost, quality and they are made from recycled materials.  You also don't have to tape them together, one less cost. Using their supplies, even with a $25 coupon cost us more money in weight and tape.

If the coupon covers all of your shipping supplies, it might be worth it.

If you buy more supplies, especially more of the eBay supplies, you should look around for another source.

Plus you are advertising for eBay for free, not for yourself and you're placing a target on your shipments for porch pirates.

Message 5 of 60
latest reply

I already used my coupon this morning on e bay  thank you  stickers .  I had 25 dollars to spend  but  I only used 17  of it .. Still had to  pay 1.17 . It was a nice surprise anyway . Tulips 

Message 6 of 60
latest reply

@ctmss4284 wrote:

Plus you are advertising for eBay for free, not for yourself and you're placing a target on your shipments for porch pirates.

eBay packages are no more tempting to porch pirates than any other packages.

AND, using eBay branded packaging is advertising for all eBay sellers, so it is a benefit for all of us who sell.  If it benefits eBay it's because we sell more stuff, and who can complain about that?

List more, sell more. Goodwill that other, uh, stuff.

Feeling sleepy? There's an app for that.
Message 7 of 60
latest reply

I purchased the small box, and a pack of 50 "ended" up costing me a little over $6.00 delivered, using the coupon....

Thank you eBay!

KrazzyKats
Volunteer Community Mentor

Message 8 of 60
latest reply

Other than that, you love 'em right?

Message 9 of 60
latest reply

eBay and "the river" branded boxes are at a higher risk for theft. Happens all the time according to our USPS Post Master, UPS and FedEx delivery drivers. The only time we had a package go missing was in a branded box. Part of the reason why "the river" delivers themselves now and takes a picture of where they left the package.

As far as advertising for all of us. I would buy that if they didn't advertise others sellers product's on our product's listing page. Then there's the whole show them the cheaper knockoff after they purchase so they cancel and cost the seller for no sale.

Message 10 of 60
latest reply

I need the small padded envelopes but with a 30+ day back-order, I can't get them. I don't even know if I'll be at this address when they are shipped. So I got 25 boxes of the size I used for storing stuff. Ebay makes really good boxes for storing books, canning jars and so on. Right size, not too heavy even when full of books. Uniform size for stacking. I even occasionally use one for shipping. Not what they had in mind, but it works for me! And yes, I had to pay a little over $2 for them because EVERYTHING is now priced above the $25 shipping coupon I get. Fortunately I still live in a state that doesn't (yet) have a sales tax so I don't get stuck with that too.

Message 11 of 60
latest reply

Never look a gift horse in the mouth!!!! I used my $50 coupon along with $46 on my debit card to stock up on supplies that I might not normally get. Really appreciate eBay's generosity.

Message 12 of 60
latest reply

I'm still waiting for my thank you coupon 😐

The easier you are to offend the easier you are to control.

We seem to be getting closer and closer to a situation where nobody is responsible for what they did but we are all responsible for what somebody else did. - Thomas Sowell
Message 13 of 60
latest reply

Make a sign, go to San Jose, and protest this insulting slap in the face. I'd go, but I'm too busy making storage space for my shipping supplies that will allow me to save my customers money and hopefully lead to more sales.

Message 14 of 60
latest reply

@ctmss4284 wrote:

eBay shipping supplies are a joke. The "thank you" is insulting. The coupon is totally not worth the FVF discount we used to get. All of the supplies are overpriced and bottom of the barrel quality. They have the quantities and coupons set up so you have to spend more than the coupon is worth or leave part of the coupon unclaimed.

They want $30+ for a bundle of 50 on their smallest box. I pay $70 for 200 corrugated mailers delivered to my door step in one day. Corrugated mailers blow everything they offer out of the water, cost, quality and they are made from recycled materials.  You also don't have to tape them together, one less cost. Using their supplies, even with a $25 coupon cost us more money in weight and tape.

If the coupon covers all of your shipping supplies, it might be worth it.

If you buy more supplies, especially more of the eBay supplies, you should look around for another source.

If this isn't a coupon you want to use, donate it to someone else that can or wants it.  You can order a shipping supply of their choice and have it shipped to them.

This is a freebie.  Hard to understand why some feel the way about something Ebay never had to offer to anyone in the first place.  And as a note, they have never done this before.

You don't like the products, simply don't use them.  I love them.  I use their padded envelopes, tyvek envelopes and their tissue paper.  It saves me money on shipping supplies year round.  Granted I too think their prices are high, which is why I've been asking Ebay for months to increase our quarterly coupons, the prices keep going up but our coupons have remained the same since the start.  But even considering that.  I just use up my coupon to get what I can within that coupon price.  It still saves me money and I love saving month.

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 15 of 60
latest reply