cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slow Sales Post #291,729

Lol I haven't sold a thing in three days (that's a new one on me) and am feeling completely shadowbanned at the moment. 🤣
How's everyone doing?

PS: No need to comment on my individual items and tell me I'm being dumb about this or that listing. Everything sells eventually. 😃

Message 1 of 179
latest reply
178 REPLIES 178

Slow Sales Post #291,729

I get way more traffic and sales on Mercari now than I do on ebay. Mercari even pays me to list, $20 shopping credit for making 30 listings this week, and that's on top of the other free $20 they recently gave me for no apparent reason, for which I will gladly accept.

Unlike ebay, other platforms actually advertise, they offer good incentives to list, and their fees are far less than ebay's.

Something else to note, virtually every item I list on Mercari is advertised in Google shopping. Meanwhile, virtually none of the listings I have on ebay ever show up there.

I get more traffic from a single listing on Mercari than I do from 100 listings on ebay.

Its unfortunate, but ebay has really gone down hill. ebay got super greedy and it destroyed this platform, all while giving its competitors a huge advantage.

ebay says "Pay us for visibility", while their competitors say "We'll pay you to list and give you all the free traffic you desire."

Message 61 of 179
latest reply

Slow Sales Post #291,729

@myfrugalboutique ,

1 out of 15 people are currently delinquent on their car loans and many more are delinquent on their credit card bills. Please don't tell me this doesn't have a effect on eBay sales.

https://www.axios.com/2023/08/15/credit-loan-delinquency-2023-above-pre-pandemic-levels

Message 62 of 179
latest reply

Slow Sales Post #291,729

October is usually my worst month.  I'm down 20% this time around.  Last year I was down 80%, so it's better.  Hopefully it will pick up.  

Message 63 of 179
latest reply

Slow Sales Post #291,729

@theteamsetguy 

did I say that NO…don’t put words in my mouth. Our cars are paid for. 

Message 64 of 179
latest reply

Slow Sales Post #291,729

@secondlifetreasures-llc 

Cost of living 50% increase. Since when 1972??? When we purchased our first home for $22,000. My husband made $600 a month. 

Message 65 of 179
latest reply

Slow Sales Post #291,729

Maybe it's time to take a hiatus and craw into a box in one of our major cities and let society take care of me. Then again, I might go mental. 

Message 66 of 179
latest reply

Slow Sales Post #291,729

@bryo_3145 wrote:

Maybe it's time to take a hiatus and craw into a box in one of our major cities and let society take care of me. Then again, I might go mental. 

You've slept rough under a park bench or been half-frozen on a winter night?

“The most common way people give up their power is by thinking they don’t have any.”
— Alice Walker

#freedomtoread
#readbannedbooks
Message 67 of 179
latest reply

Slow Sales Post #291,729

@myfrugalboutique wrote:

Well if that is the situation someone didn’t plan ahead. 

There isn't no planning ahead when your fixed income stays the same, but your monthly bills double.

Hopefully when Trump gets back in, things will change and get better.

As it is now, we're screwed.

Have a safe Memorial Day weekend.
Message 68 of 179
latest reply

Slow Sales Post #291,729

@kensgiftshop wrote:

@myfrugalboutique wrote:

Well if that is the situation someone didn’t plan ahead. 

There isn't no planning ahead when your fixed income stays the same, but your monthly bills double.

Hopefully when Trump gets back in, things will change and get better.

As it is now, we're screwed.

ROFL! Never mind - I'm staying out of the silo. 😂

“The most common way people give up their power is by thinking they don’t have any.”
— Alice Walker

#freedomtoread
#readbannedbooks
Message 69 of 179
latest reply

Slow Sales Post #291,729

@rschissler wrote:

@myfrugalboutique wrote:

Thank you. It is all about EBay and their GREED. It boils down to the corporate America and greed. Big business is who is raising your prices people.

Ridiculous!  It's not about sellers being hurt by eBay, it's about lack of buyers.  How many people do you know that shop on eBay, compared to Amazon?

I live in a smaller town and you see Amazon trucks all over the place and I don't know anyone here that shops on Ebay.

Message 70 of 179
latest reply

Slow Sales Post #291,729

@myfrugalboutique wrote:

My husband filled up our tank yesterday $3.81. 

‘’Our water bill went down from $30.30 to $10.10

I'd probably die if I got a $30 water bill.

Our has gone from  $120 to almost $200 a month.

Message 71 of 179
latest reply

Slow Sales Post #291,729

Key word "eventually".

Some things make take a week to sell while others can take years.

My sales have been fine aside from the normal ups and downs. Niching down, consistently sourcing good items that sell for good money and sell quick while leaving the bad ones behind has made all the difference.

I'd say that you can probably source better, quicker selling items or you need a bigger store to get you the amount of daily sales that you want.

Message 72 of 179
latest reply

Slow Sales Post #291,729

Global Warming Center. 

Message 73 of 179
latest reply

Slow Sales Post #291,729

i Agree with you about corporate America greed…however prices have not gone up like you are talking.

Southwest Gas Average $5 a month increase for residential

Water down from $30.10 to 10.10

Electricity  3.3% rate increase 2023

Garbage 10% 

sounds like you need to move.  We drive a Honda CRV and fill it up every 2 weeks. Have a Nissan Xterra don’t drive it that much. Still gets good mileage.

Message 74 of 179
latest reply

Slow Sales Post #291,729

@kensgiftshop 

The only place he is getting in is a JAIL  

Message 75 of 179
latest reply