cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slow Sales Post #291,729

Lol I haven't sold a thing in three days (that's a new one on me) and am feeling completely shadowbanned at the moment. 🤣
How's everyone doing?

PS: No need to comment on my individual items and tell me I'm being dumb about this or that listing. Everything sells eventually. 😃

Message 1 of 179
latest reply
178 REPLIES 178

Re: Slow Sales Post #291,729

Have you been watching the news? Forget the main stream media. You won't know what is going on with them. Americans hit a milestone last month. For the first time since credit cards have been issued, Americans are now over a trillion dollars in credit card debt. People are depleting their savings and using their credit cards to get by. I guess it should go without saying that savings are way down too. The you know what is really going to hit the fan if this war in the ME expands and oil goes to $200 a barrel. How are people going to fill their cars and heat their homes at $10 a gallon this winter. I'm praying that doesn't happen. 

Message 166 of 179
latest reply

I hear you. I used to go out to dinner once a week. Now it is once a month. I can no longer afford it.

I totally get that. Now you spend so much more to go out to eat and the service and the quality of the food is not what it use to be 😞

Message 167 of 179
latest reply

Yep, and they say the economy is good. Yeah Right.

Message 168 of 179
latest reply

If that happens, I am going to find a way to heat my house with some kind of wood burning apparatus, and use my electric bike and maybe buy a three wheel motorcycle.

Message 169 of 179
latest reply

The TOPIC OF the economy and the MAIN Focus is that EBAY SALES are very down. And people need to try to understand WHY.

Message 170 of 179
latest reply

Thank you for telling the truth. God Bless America!

Message 171 of 179
latest reply

The topic is not about eBay sales. The majority of it of it is about politics and history. Create that topic on eBay if you want to know more about it otherwise quit with the non-sense. 

Topic is insight of people sales; everyone has been tanking.  The one that are not tanking would be the loudmouth penny seller that only seek feedback to bragged. They're the same one who usually low dollar items $10.00 dollar or below items. 

Message 172 of 179
latest reply

Hey there that happens from time to time we've been selling on eBay for 14 years Make sure you go into your listings from the listing screen select all basically like you're going to go and modify them, then select the checkbox as you were going to edit all once you're in the modify section once you have all selected then you can go ahead and just press submit. Basically what you are doing is refreshing all of your listings making them more relevant.

Another thing you can do that's painstaking really long it's going to all of titles Make sure they're clean and relevant eBay has new AI listing tool maybe even try The new description tool Make sure your proof it sometimes it'll throw in things from your specifics if you're specifics are not correct your AI description will not be written well.

Another thing I should note how important item specifics are, there is something that was added it is a denominator type of input for your specifics asking you the amount of items included and the unit Make sure you fill this out in all of your listings they will not show up relevant if this is not completed eBay ads new things from time to time you can also correct this in your listings modify listings select all add the unit and quantity to your listings.

Thanks

Message 173 of 179
latest reply

@perfumenmore wrote:

I don't think it is a question of big corp. Have you seen the prices for diesel? It costs double what it used to just to get the items to the stores. Not to mention, because of the high energy prices, everything costs more to produce too. 

High energy prices?  Compare natural gas today vs 15 years ago.  Energy rates for production are not high.

Message 174 of 179
latest reply

@multiplere_46 wrote:

The topic is not about eBay sales. The majority of it of it is about politics and history. Create that topic on eBay if you want to know more about it otherwise quit with the non-sense. 

Topic is insight of people sales; everyone has been tanking.  The one that are not tanking would be the loudmouth penny seller that only seek feedback to bragged. They're the same one who usually low dollar items $10.00 dollar or below items. 

Whilst I can't recall the fella's or account name there is a dude on youTube that basically everything he sells is in the $5-$10 range and does $300K thereabouts clear a year.

Message 175 of 179
latest reply

That would be total profit of eBay account when first open. Not full profit. 

Cost of shipping

Cost of fee

Cost Of material and items

Quality Control would be a issue and shipping time. He is risking his account with lots of negative feedback for little profit a year. How would you know that a year? You hack into his account to get his data. lol

You can see the number of items the person sold on their listing profile. Check the average price and divided by the year to calculate, Minus the fee and shipping cost etc. 

Without quality control and shipping that large of scale to impact feedback on your account is not worth it.  You know the saying, You pay what you get

Message 176 of 179
latest reply

You are not alone ~ the answer is yes yes yes. Seems like if you don't pay all the extra fees for promotion you are somehow throttled. I have been having the very same problem and I have been a seller for over 20 years. It's eBay

Message 177 of 179
latest reply

I have been lowering my prices just to get things out of my inventory and still no takers.  Are all the "watchers" really just other sellers watching to see what the item sales for?  Are there more sellers than buyers on ebay now?   I send offers everyday and lucky if I get a sale.  Not my typical experience especially this time of year.  Last year I couldn't keep up with all the sales I had and I am selling my items at a very low amount.  Feeling sad and not enjoying it right now.  

Message 178 of 179
latest reply

eBay doesn't care about making money from seller. They don't fix the watcher issue. Watcher is getting worst. eBay just want $ for re-listing fee. Plenty of problem with watcher. All low baller, re-seller. higher return rates etc. Some sellers on amazon are really pathetic. A Side note about watcher, they could watch your item because they're seller on amazon, if they run out of stock. They will buy your item if it is sold on amazon. Every time there a new update or change in their system. We get effected on sales. Their server just crashes recently and cause a lot of problems last few weeks. Every time. This does not look good for eBay in the long run. I found a trick to ban those watchers, I will not tell you in public. Last time, I found a glitch that show their identity to block them and once i upload it to YouTube, it was fix within a week.

Message 179 of 179
latest reply