cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slow Sales Post #291,729

Lol I haven't sold a thing in three days (that's a new one on me) and am feeling completely shadowbanned at the moment. 🤣
How's everyone doing?

PS: No need to comment on my individual items and tell me I'm being dumb about this or that listing. Everything sells eventually. 😃

Message 1 of 179
latest reply
178 REPLIES 178

Slow Sales Post #291,729

Social security payment days vary. They are never on the same days. Mine is the 1st or 2nd Wednesday of the month depending. 

Message 46 of 179
latest reply

Slow Sales Post #291,729

You made that choice to have a $17 cheeseburger. That is called discretionary spending. You could have fixed one at home that was cheaper and better. My neighbor got Burger King for 3 and spent $30. That was a waste of money. 

Message 47 of 179
latest reply

Slow Sales Post #291,729

Okay, I'll bite. LOL. Yes, October sales are not as robust as they have been but so far this is our third most profitable year since we started. I'm not sure what the reason is though. Could be something on here that is affecting us or the fact that we did away with international sales on more than half of our products.  

Here's hoping for a healthy 4th quarter in sales for all of us. 

Message 48 of 179
latest reply

Slow Sales Post #291,729

It was only a year or 2 ago the same cheeseburger was $10 and that was too much.    All the labor in the chain has to make $15 an hour when a couple years ago it was $7 - from the dishwasher at the restaurant to the floor washer at the slaughterhouse.    Tax rates have not gone down even as the total payroll expands.  Nothing the federal government has done over the past few years has in any way made it easier or better for small business in the United States.  Even big business is getting hit. 

Message 49 of 179
latest reply

Slow Sales Post #291,729

We've had it good and cheap with a lot of the economy built on severely underpaid labor. That's not sustainable. At some point we have to pay actual costs, not subsidized costs.

Also, internet selling has become incredibly over-crowded.

“The most common way people give up their power is by thinking they don’t have any.”
— Alice Walker

#freedomtoread
#readbannedbooks
Message 50 of 179
latest reply

Slow Sales Post #291,729

@chapeau-noir wrote:

We've had it good and cheap with a lot of the economy built on severely underpaid labor. That's not sustainable. At some point we have to pay actual costs, not subsidized costs.

Indeed. Around here a good cheeseburger has always been in the $14-18 range, but we actually pay people a decent living wage here.

Message 51 of 179
latest reply

Slow Sales Post #291,729

No ebay is not stupid. The PL can be an intelligent way to get your items seen AS LONG AS you can price them right to make the profit you need. 

Message 52 of 179
latest reply

Slow Sales Post #291,729

Well, there are not too many I would think that can jack up their PL rates to the high heavens and still make a profit. If you are looking at 25 percent and above PL rate you better be getting things dirt cheap or jacking your prices to the point that they will not sell.

Message 53 of 179
latest reply

Slow Sales Post #291,729

Yes, it’s a problem everywhere.

Message 54 of 179
latest reply

Slow Sales Post #291,729

A few factors that come to mind for me:

1. Utilities have really gone up in the past few years, especially gas (by almost double). Groceries have doubled (and in some cases tripled) in price over the past three years. Gasoline is still high. Landlords are gouging for rent. But wages haven't increased, nowhere even close to the >50% increase of cost of living. People have a lot less money to spend discretionally compared to a few years ago. I do think corporate greed (disguised as "inflation") is impacting many people, so they can't buy as much.

2. Look at YouTube, Instagram, or TikTok. Being an eBay seller is the new trendy thing to do. I have noticed some items have so many more listings than they did years ago. So many people are trying to sell the same items, causing an increase in supply with constant demand, which means it will take longer for a specific item to sell and sellers will be inclined to lower prices.

Message 55 of 179
latest reply

Slow Sales Post #291,729

Congratulations on 3 great sales days!  Sat-Mon. did well for you.  Since you are a stamp seller, do you mind me asking your opinion on GB presentation packs?  I have SEVERAL to sell.  Do you think they are a good seller on our continent?  I do not see many selling within North America.  I would prefer not to deal with shipping across the pond due to the expense of tracking & the fact that, in Canada, tracking stops once a parcel leaves the country.  Hope sales keep up for you.  Cheers!

Message 56 of 179
latest reply

Slow Sales Post #291,729

My husband filled up our tank yesterday $3.81. 

‘’Our water bill went down from $30.30 to $10.10

Message 57 of 179
latest reply

Slow Sales Post #291,729

What happened to the American Dream? It's more like the American Nightmare. 

Message 58 of 179
latest reply

Slow Sales Post #291,729

@vintagecraze50 wrote:

No ebay is not stupid. The PL can be an intelligent way to get your items seen AS LONG AS you can price them right to make the profit you need. 

Huh? - What does "the profit you need" have to do with being charged exorbitant fees? I see this sentiment conveyed here often when it comes to promoted listings - So what you are saying in a nutshell, is it doesn't matter if you are forced to pay 25% to 30+% in fees to sell an item as long as you make the profit you need? This not the correct mind set to have. This is the way of thinking that allows promoted listings to continue monetizing the site in the most unhealthy ways.

Healthy competition keeps prices in check - This affront disguised as an advertising program does the EXACT opposite. Barely two years ago, ebays "Trending Rate" was around 3% to 7% - Now the "Suggested Rate" is around 8% to 15% - If you think this program is going to allow you to get comfortable with the "Profit you need", you have a rude awakening on the horizon. The paranoia and desperation that drives the use and further use of Promoted Listings is only going to continue to get worse as long as seller sentiment is to simply try to "adjust" to it...

Message 59 of 179
latest reply

Slow Sales Post #291,729

Consider yourself lucky. Gas has been the same price around me for over a year. Shot up to $5/gallon for a few weeks and has been around $4/gallon since. Water rates have been increased in my municipality as has sewage & garbage collection. In the city I live closest to, residents were notified of a plan that was passed that increases the water bill by 20% each year for the next 3 years. Greed is all it is. Corporations want to suck every last penny out of everyone so their hard earned dollars can only go to monopolized essentials instead of discretionary spending. As I mentioned, gas bill is double what it was last year, and groceries are triple what they were 3 years ago. Yet wages are exactly the same. It makes since why people can’t afford things. The ones with billions want more.

Message 60 of 179
latest reply