cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Significant Drops in eBay Impressions and Organic Page Views: A Huge Problem

Since April 6th, my eBay impressions have dropped significantly from an average above 1 million to around 500k, and now they hover at around 600k. Despite contacting customer service, I received an unhelpful response that everything looks fine. Frustratingly, I have continued to upload new listings every day, but sales have still decreased. On April 25th, a new issue arose where my organic page views showed 0, which is clearly not accurate. I reached out to customer service, but their response was again unhelpful and similar to my previous experience. These ongoing problems have made me feel unstable and unsure about eBay's reliability. I am now considering moving to another platform, but before making that decision, I want to know if others are facing similar issues.

249B3DC1-1AA2-4384-82F0-09B662A86930.png

0F101940-88F7-4DAF-B211-C7F6C27509B6.png

Message 1 of 346
latest reply
345 REPLIES 345

@retro-treasureparadise 

Since April 6th, my eBay impressions have dropped significantly

I have also seen a plunge in total impressions since the begging of this month.

On April 25th, a new issue arose where my organic page views showed 0, which is clearly not accurate.

Hmm, my organic views for yesterday (April 25th) also show ZERO - which never happens. I still show promoted and external views. 

These ongoing problems have made me feel unstable and unsure about eBay's reliability.

While eBay sets rules and penalizes sellers for not meeting eBays standards for sellers, I have never seen evidence that eBay sets the same standards for themselves. If they did, bugs would be fixed in a timely manner and "improvements" would be what sellers wanted instead of what eBay decided sellers wanted without listening to seller feedback.

I have felt "unstable and unsure about eBay's reliability" for years, I expect this glitch and other bugs introduced by eBay will eventually be resolved to eBay's satisfaction. I don't consider eBay a reliable platform, I do believe it is still the best platform that will produce the most sales (in collectibles and 1-offs) over the course of a year. Whether I will be able to pay this month's bills with eBay Bugs and Fees is another story. 🙄

Long-time Top-Rated seller.

Message 2 of 346
latest reply

Mine also - it's constant..

Message 3 of 346
latest reply

I had 0 organic views yesterday. That has never happened. Interesting that I also had one organic sale which should be impossible. It was a promoted item as well. I tend to think lots of reasons for low sales. But clearly the traffic for me organically is almost zero for two days. I think from reading it may have to do with the new promoted feature that changes the rates daily? My previous days all show shrink ages but there has never been a day with zero organic views let alone had an organic sale. (In theory if it wasn't organic wouldn't it be promoted or from another outside link / impressionwhich would charge me the advertising which is promoted anyway right? Anyway didn't that person who bought that one item organically view it before buying? By clicking it to buy it? Something really happened as far as I am concerned yesterday. With that said, I AM showing organic views today. Hope it gets better for you and everyone. Hang in there.

Message 4 of 346
latest reply

Reliable would infer that you can count on something.  The only thing I find you can count on with this platform is declining sales and views. That is unless you want to give eBay a HUGE chunk of the sale. 

I can count on getting no sales and no views, despite having more inventory then most posters of this board. I can count on that as well, because I won't promote at 10% or more. 

Here is something eBay can count on. I won't be paying a store fee anymore or paying ANY sort of promotion. 

The only thing a seller can rely on here is constant glitches, constant changes that do not benefit buyers or sellers, and there is always some fee increase around the corner. 

Message 5 of 346
latest reply

Absolutely correct on all points! I am a small seller with about 1000 listings and have gone from about 10 sales a week to 2 or 3. Views are down from 1 Million to 400,000. I do not promote listings and feel Ebay is making me pay for that! I sell antiques, collectibles and books. Either it is ebay or the economy!

Message 6 of 346
latest reply

unfortunately ebay is not a reliable platform at all.  selling here requires nerves of steel as the constant daily glitches and unnecessary site changes threaten to drive buyers and sellers crazy.  

That being said- it is still the best option for us because we sell antique items and vintage car parts and that is synonymous with ebay's brand so buyer know to come here to find what they are looking for ( although that is steadily decreasing as the search engine gets worse and worse and more irrelevant so buyers MUST use google to find ebay listings!?...)

Ebay tries to change and innovate but all they accomplish is goofing up current code and break what is working....

Believe me - i want ebay to be great again- they just need to invest in the infrastructure and not pay the cheapest bidder to develop and design.    Bringing the sellers (main customer) into the fold and and working with a common goal instead of trying to fleece everyone with promoted listing fees will go a million miles to helping fix the platform.    Just show buyers what they type in the box and sales will jump- absolutely EVERYONE is tired of the lousy AI search that shows what ebay wants instead of what buyer wants.   

SEARCH is the key and the answer to all of ebay/sellers/buyers problems.    If people could find what they wanted- they would be refreshed and enjoy the shopping experience which would drive repeat use of ebay and then the word would spread... if sellers are making money and sales are good- the daily glitches are less offensive..... and the growing revenue for ebay will make it easier to invest in itself.    all good comes from working together.   When ebay is growing instead of shrinking- we all win.   

Right now ebay is concentrating of adding fees and milking every red cent out of users which raises prices for buyers and lowers profit for sellers.   ( the easy short term and detrimental way to make money)

Investing in the platform and the sellers who bring the product to ebay will result in seller growth/ more product/more buyers/more ebay profit. but his style of business requires investment not "creative accounting" and just adding more fees- like charging 12.9% fvf on the sales tax collected or the promoted listing fee based on not just the item but also the sales tax and shipping!!!!   

Dont forget that now if someone clicks on one of your promoted listings, and then clicks on a completely different organic listing within 30 days( that was also promoted)- ebay charges you the Promoted listing fee!!!!!! its straight crookery!

Message 7 of 346
latest reply

It's still early (4.26.23), but - so far today I have only had promoted page views reported in the eBay traffic report (which is highly unlikely). Can someone click (and buy HA HA) some of my organic listings? Want to see if eBay is not counting organic views or counting all organic views in the promoted view count (good for eBay - not so good for sellers).

I see lots of organic and promoted impressions, but only promoted views.  Normally over 60% of my views are organic. What's up eBay?  - I feel like Dorothy in the Wizard of Oz imploring the Wizard for an answer. 🙄

Message 8 of 346
latest reply

Sorry, in reply to myself, my one sale yesterday was organic, not promoted. Yet I show zero views organically on anything. I'm not sure how that is possible. It shows up under organic sale. But zero traffic. Wouldn't there be organic traffic on this one item when the buyer clicked to purchase?  I think I may have said earlier it was promoted. Anyway, I still think this site has the best protection for a seller so hoping they can find my stuff and shop again. I say that knowing we have cut down expenses in our home as well. 

Message 9 of 346
latest reply

https://youtu.be/bUVnwXLrBr8 

You aren’t the only one.  Many sellers are reporting this (see video)

Message 10 of 346
latest reply

Not too keep harping but I had an organic view at 4 am and three promoted. The one organic view is now gone. It now shows ZERO. I wish I did a screen shot but I thought maybe today better. But for me, I always have traffic organically even if no one purchases a thing.

Message 11 of 346
latest reply

Since April 20, Ebay sent me a message about they have all of my listing into international shipping program. All of my sale were gone. I am small seller but steady sale, sold few everyday. Now I have 1 sale over 3 days. I tried everything, remove international shipping program, back to my old setting, didn't help. Contact customer service, they said nothing wrong, refresh my listing, didn't work. Tried to offer promoted, nothing works. I noticed that Ebay did something change to the website that you can't see shipping details by click one tab next to "About this item" tab anymore. Now, you have to click details where it shows shipping. Anytime they changed something, seems like everyone sale drop fast (mine at least). If you can fix it, please let me know. Thanks

Message 12 of 346
latest reply

@retro-treasureparadise wrote:

Since April 6th, my eBay impressions have dropped significantly from an average above 1 million to around 500k, and now they hover at around 600k. Despite contacting customer service, I received an unhelpful response that everything looks fine. Frustratingly, I have continued to upload new listings every day, but sales have still decreased. On April 25th, a new issue arose where my organic page views showed 0, which is clearly not accurate. I reached out to customer service, but their response was again unhelpful and similar to my previous experience. These ongoing problems have made me feel unstable and unsure about eBay's reliability. I am now considering moving to another platform, but before making that decision, I want to know if others are facing similar issues.

249B3DC1-1AA2-4384-82F0-09B662A86930.png

0F101940-88F7-4DAF-B211-C7F6C27509B6.png

@retro-treasureparadise  in addition to it just being "not normal" it's clear there is something very wrong here just from looking at your screenshot with the details - it's showing total page views for that day at 680 with 0 organic, 209 external and 568 promoted.

Even assuming those numbers are right (which we know at least the organic isn't) 568 + 209 + 0 would be 777, not 680....so not only are they missing organic views but they have messed up the basic math of what is being reported as well. 🙃

devon@ebay  kyle@ebay elizabeth@ebay  can you get this reported to the appropriate team please?

Message 13 of 346
latest reply

Thank you for trying to get this reported. My numbers are the same way on my account. I 

Message 14 of 346
latest reply

You are not alone, 100% on all you stated. Been selling on ebay for 21 years and have 48,000 items listed and my organic page views down 90% on the 24th and down 94% on the 25th. I called and got no help also. Very very frustrating.

Message 15 of 346
latest reply