cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shipping invoices by EBay

Does anyone have a solution to EBay sending invoices out for multiple item buyers.  I keep seeing multiples of a single item that will go in a small flat rate box charged just the one shipping cost and handling. That's great if they all fit in the box, but still doesn't cover our handling costs. I've been around over 20 years and do this for a nonprofit.  We charge a handling fee to cover supplies and insurance. They also invoice multiple purchases of different items with a combined shipping amount of ALL the items, resulting in a horrendous charge.  I've lost sales because buyers don't want to deal with a refund. Any solutions out there?

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

I am having some similar problems, I think that if you set up your business policies that there are ways to get multiple purchase shipping to be correct.

One easy work around we are using is that if say it ships in a regional A box and you want the buyer to be charged for a RRA box for each item, just set the weight of the item at 8 pounds, 2 are then to heavy for one RRA box and it will charge for each item

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

You have complete control over what ebay charges the customer for shipping.

Papa Was A Rolling Stone - The Temptations
Message 3 of 5
latest reply

@wmsakalaucks wrote:

Does anyone have a solution to EBay sending invoices out for multiple item buyers.  I keep seeing multiples of a single item that will go in a small flat rate box charged just the one shipping cost and handling. That's great if they all fit in the box, but still doesn't cover our handling costs. I've been around over 20 years and do this for a nonprofit.  We charge a handling fee to cover supplies and insurance. They also invoice multiple purchases of different items with a combined shipping amount of ALL the items, resulting in a horrendous charge.  I've lost sales because buyers don't want to deal with a refund. Any solutions out there?

Learn about offering shipping discounts to your buyers, as well as flat rate and

calculated shipping rules, and how to apply discount rules to your listings.

Shipping discounts

https://www.ebay.com/help/selling/shipping-items/shipping-rates/shipping-discounts?id=4168&st=12&pos... 

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

I hate to burst your bubble but the EBay shipping protocols DON'T work. I've tried the combined shipping but when you have an item that weighs 1 pound you have to use the 1-2 pound rate to allow for the box.  Buy 4 items and EBay sets the weight as 8 pounds and invoices them without referring to the seller for a correct invoice.  Result is a **bleep** off buyer who's paying for 3 phantom pounds.

Message 5 of 5
latest reply